Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

it's a highway to become Arsenal or United type of club, stuck in B-tier and unable to jump forward, so pretty much what we were left with after CL win. I take Pool out of this equation as it was a freaky product of smart management, process, talent, mentality and luck and I don't believe it's possible to replicate in our circumstances. 

Well, I can easily see Arsenal winning major trophies in the next couple of years. CL can go either way but expect them to overcome Liverpool's 'success' under Klopp in PL. Under Klopp Pool have one title and two second places. Arsenal under Arteta is already two times runner up. Title is missing but they are there and will take it eventually. They are really exciting club right now and not popular thing to say here but if you are neutral they are cutest thing in the world football now. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

️If Nico Williams rejects a move to Barça, Barcelona will go for Dani Olmo, trying to reduce his €60m release clause.

— @tjuanmarti

👀👀

Edited by mkh

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Title is missing but they are there and will take it eventually. They are really exciting club right now

I always look forward to no-City (or similar type of thing that will emerge in the future) winning the league but I see a lot of our past struggles in them. Of course, reasons are different and circumstances are different, but the effect is similar - always lacking the extra edge. And that extra edge is a difference between being elite and being top always 2-6, been everywhere, lost everything. We could have at least few more cups in cabinet if not that little extra edge. Arsenal is definitely a process, but if they will bounce once more, it may as well go back to hovering around 2-6 and falling apart. Some times an extra kick is needed aside of hard work, but this is completely off topic as we would have to have some solid ground work in place to talk about extra edge and after three years we are still pretty much dragging around the starting point. Still my point was if there is and opportunity to snap some transformative figure (but like seriously, not the Enzo-supposedly-transformative type) we shouldn't deny ourselves to do so for the sake of it. The saying Penny wise, Pound foolish come from somewhere I guess.

🗣️ Enzo Maresca on Filip Jorgensen and Aaron Anselmino. “They are not our players yet. For sure, I know both and they are very good.”

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

This is reasonable thinking, however in my simple man's mind you need to buy cheap and sell for big money for it to work. If we are buying mediocre talents for thrice their worth to start with and still need to write off those who will fail (and it might be some and might be most of them) I understand the owners bet on average footballer's price doubling or tripling in next 3-5 years for the numbers to add up. Plus if we will somehow manage to create a superstar, shouldn't the club of our format just… well, keep him? I guess the flipping model comes mainly to selling mid-to-low tier players to mid-to-low table clubs, so the max selling price is limited too. Or we are openly going to become midtable feeder club, who knows.

In terms of wages, well, I do not endorse the buy-to-win model of PSG or City, but pretty much the only way we could compete with oil money clubs without going full plastic was ability to make things happen if needed to, like a little cheeky joker card. If we are limiting ourselves to mediocre players (or worse, as I can't really see any player who came here under Clearlake who'd I call smart business or a steal, at least on Marina's level) by principle, it's a highway to become Arsenal or United type of club, stuck in B-tier and unable to jump forward, so pretty much what we were left with after CL win. I take Pool out of this equation as it was a freaky product of smart management, process, talent, mentality and luck and I don't believe it's possible to replicate in our circumstances. 

TBF, clearlake have already submitted evidence against us from the previous owner and we have absolutely no idea what the books looked like, maybe they have to go down this road for the time being.

Just now, Special Juan said:

The club are now in direct talks with Atletico for Gallagher

Clownlake at it's finest

I can understand the sale. Connor, like Mount, is a limited midfielder. Can keeep him here only as backup. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well, I can easily see Arsenal winning major trophies in the next couple of years. CL can go either way but expect them to overcome Liverpool's 'success' under Klopp in PL. Under Klopp Pool have one title and two second places. Arsenal under Arteta is already two times runner up. Title is missing but they are there and will take it eventually. They are really exciting club right now and not popular thing to say here but if you are neutral they are cutest thing in the world football now. 

Arsenal transfer targets this summer is Calafiori, Fabian Ruiz, Mikel Merino, Gyokeres. They’re a serious team and much better than Chelsea in all departments right now. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Second place is the first loser and they didn’t come runners up with 97 points like Liverpool or make multiple champions league finals. They are rubbish and won’t win anything 

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

Arsenal transfer targets this summer is Calafiori, Fabian Ruiz, Mikel Merino, Gyokeres. They’re a serious team and much better than Chelsea in all departments right now. 

Strange to think that just a few years ago, the tables were turned.

While I'll always question whether Chelsea really had to go this far backwards before going forward, I still hope all this long term investment really pays off in the form of real success for the club. 

Edited by Blue Armour

Clownlake are desperate to get that money from Gallagher  no matter that he is our best midfielder and surely they won't upgrade cuz Dusbery Hall is not .

1 minute ago, milka said:

Clownlake are desperate to get that money from Gallagher  no matter that he is our best midfielder and surely they won't upgrade cuz Dusbery Hall is not .

I like Gallagher but he isn't out best midfielder.

Loan with buy option for Osimhen? If he actually agrees to that then it would be incredibly smart business from the club. 

As for Gallagher, I’m a bit surprised the fee is so low but he had to go. And it’s fantastic that he’s going abroad so we don’t have to hear about him nonstop ever time he plays well. The Mason Mount comparison is spot in in that Conor is a very solid player who you love having in your squad as an option but he’s a limited footballer. Be sad to see him walk because he loves the club but it had to happen.