Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

All gone a bit quiet on the first team targets following the KDH transfer. With Calafiori looking Arse bound there isn’t really a concrete name that were after from the top insiders.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think the Clearlake slander should wait until the window closes personally. If we enter the season without the last 2-3 pieces we need and still have dogshit wage wasters like Lukaku, Kepa etc on our books then by all means slander away.

For me they’ve been a mixed bag. I’m in wait and see mode with our new ownership and don’t think they’ve been the unmitigated disaster so many of our supporters cry about. 

They’ve had some REALLY bad mistakes but also signed us a bunch of really good players who I think will be fantastic in the long run.

Wait? To further slander Clearlake? Why wait to the end of the window, their level of signings this window alone are arguably some of the most questionable of the lot so far.

And that says a lot when you look at some of the guys like Mudryk, Sanchez, Disasi, Ugochuwku, Washington etc.

How many more years of mediocrity do you want to let them get away with 😂 

I mean people are repeatedly saying on here now what a mess the club is in. It has been in free fall from the first full season these cunts took over basically - everyones late to the party on that front. I have been saying it since the Tuchel summer squabble and sacking/Potter appointment, these idiots were bluffing their way through everything then finally appointed 2 footballing people with 0 knowledge's of working at a top top club and its just getting worse and worse. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, mkh said:

Mitoma is liked internally at Chelsea. (@JacobsBen)

Another injury prone washed up one season wonder from Brighton? Yeah let's get him, owners probably want to extend some shirt sales in Japan.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wait? To further slander Clearlake? Why wait to the end of the window, their level of signings this window alone are arguably some of the most questionable of the lot so far.

And that says a lot when you look at some of the guys like Mudryk, Sanchez, Disasi, Ugochuwku, Washington etc.

How many more years of mediocrity do you want to let them get away with 😂

I like the signings we’ve made so far 🤷‍♂️

Just like I’m really glad we’ve got Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Gusto, Palmer, and the future potential stars like Paez and Estevão.

Again, for me Clearlake have been very mixed. Lots of unfortunate duds like the ones you named (plus Koulibaly & Sterling) but plenty to be optimistic about, too.

Personally, I’d much rather act the way our club have in the window than what a club like United are doing where they drag their feet for ages and have their fanbase protesting the ownership nonstop. At least we’re trying to “go big” and take some chances even if every one hasn’t worked.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I like the signings we’ve made so far 🤷‍♂️

Just like I’m really glad we’ve got Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Gusto, Palmer, and the future potential stars like Paez and Estevão.

Again, for me Clearlake have been very mixed. Lots of unfortunate duds like the ones you named (plus Koulibaly & Sterling) but plenty to be optimistic about, too.

Personally, I’d much rather act the way our club have in the window than what a club like United are doing where they drag their feet for ages and have their fanbase protesting the ownership nonstop. At least we’re trying to “go big” and take some chances even if every one hasn’t worked.

Yea funnily you’ve mentioned United. We’ve basically done what United did after Sir Alex retired, by spending over £1bn on player transfers. Only in a much shorter time. If you’re happy with that because we’ve tried to “go big” then I don’t know, it is just not the sort of mindset I can get onboard with. You can’t just throw money at something and hope it sticks. You need more than that - ultimately personnel with knowledge of what you need to do to run an elite football club from top to bottom in all different aspects. In the past 2 years I would argue we have literally got next to fuck all of that.

Now we are also reportedly trying to be more efficient in the market so that shows how much faith and sense of accomplishment the owners and footballing people feel about their £1bn+ splurge. They’re revisiting their strategy after what 1 year because of PSR/FFP? Or because it hasn’t necessarily improved things? 

Ok they’ve signed a handful of good players but 6 or 7 out of the 25-30 odd players isn’t a good record at all. Its laughable. And even some of the players, the fees involved for Fernandez and Caicedo and then Mudryk, who is awful, is incredibly laughable given what they’ve done. 

Folk can’t keep making such poor excuses for them. It was even more funny because they made digs about the previous regime and how their model was unsustainable in many aspects. Yet we are having to sell off academy players for pure profit to get round PSR/FFP and have had 5 or 6 different coaches in 2 and a half years. Typical. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yea funnily you’ve mentioned United. We’ve basically done what United did after Sir Alex retired, by spending over £1bn on player transfers. Only in a much shorter time. If you’re happy with that because we’ve tried to “go big” then I don’t know, it is just not the sort of mindset I can get onboard with. You can’t just throw money at something and hope it sticks. You need more than that - ultimately personnel with knowledge of what you need to do to run an elite football club from top to bottom in all different aspects. In the past 2 years I would argue we have literally got next to fuck all of that.

Now we are also reportedly trying to be more efficient in the market so that shows how much faith and sense of accomplishment the owners and footballing people feel about their £1bn+ splurge. They’re revisiting their strategy after what 1 year because of PSR/FFP? Or because it hasn’t necessarily improved things? 

Ok they’ve signed a handful of good players but 6 or 7 out of the 25-30 odd players isn’t a good record at all. Its laughable. And even some of the players, the fees involved for Fernandez and Caicedo and then Mudryk, who is awful, is incredibly laughable given what they’ve done. 

Folk can’t keep making such poor excuses for them. It was even more funny because they made digs about the previous regime and how their model was unsustainable in many aspects. Yet we are having to sell off academy players for pure profit to get round PSR/FFP and have had 5 or 6 different coaches in 2 and a half years. Typical. 

If we have another horrific season then I’ll stop defending them. But I am still willing to give them this last chance. 

36 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Do not know this source?

Whenever Ornstein, Fabrizio, or Law don’t all tweet out something confirming it I think it’s safe to assume it’s bullshit.

And this dude’s name looks familiar as a bullshitter.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we have not even submitted a bid for Calafiori, wtf

Arse were clearly in discussions directly with him first and have convinced him. Doubt it’s worth bothering now that he is convinced about going there. Unless we double their wage offer I guess.

Lost Olise first and now Calafiori. Two very exciting players. Top GK like Costa or Mama, Williams and David could turn this window into something positive but it looks like no one is coming here.

Neil Bath's statement on leaving Chelsea:

"After 30 years working at Chelsea, I feel it is the right time for me to have some time off and take a break from a job that I have put so much time into. I intend to rest and have some time away from the game, however I will continue working over the coming weeks to ensure a smooth transition for the organisation."

"As an Academy, we have enjoyed fantastic backing from the Club throughout my time here, without which none of our success would have been possible."

"I would like to thank every single person - player, parent, colleague, supporter - who has been on this journey with us. We achieved everything we could possibly have dreamed of - five Youth Cups in a row, countless debuts, homegrown players helping the team win the Champions League - and we did it together."

"In particular, I have to mention Jim Fraser, who has assisted me for the past 20 years and played such an important role in everything we have achieved."

"As a boy from Battersea who grew up on the Shed watching our teams of the 80s, it has been my greatest privilege playing a part in the club's success over the past two decades. I have made memories and friends that will last a lifetime. I hope we have made people proud and left the club in a better place to move forward."

ChelseaFC

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lost Olise first and now Calafiori. Two very exciting players. Top GK like Costa or Mama, Williams and David could turn this window into something positive but it looks like no one is coming here.

We're midtable. Can't wait for these owners to sell the club.

29 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We're midtable. Can't wait for these owners to sell the club.

We are a top 6 club and we finished in the top 6, getting top 4 isn't as easy as it once was, throw in the fact new ownerships a complete overhaul of the club and players staff etc really isn't as bad as some make it out to be.