Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Jokes aside: people are so quick to judge. This guy is 20. When Alvarez was 20, he was playing in Argentina, scoring only a couple of goals there. Pretty sure people would have been quite underwhelmed if we signed him back then. Now they are willing to spend 70-80 millions on him without hesitation.

I mean: there were people here claiming that Palmer wont even make the starting lineup when we announced his signing. Don't judge too early. 

Edited by Gundalf

9 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Jokes aside: people are so quick to judge. This guy is 20. When Alvarez was 20, he was playing in Argentina, socring only a couple of goals there. Pretty sure people would have been quite underwhelmed if we signed him back then. Now they are willing to spend 70-80 millions on him without hesitation.

I mean: there were people here claiming that Palmer wont even make the starting lineup when we announced his signing. Don't judge too early. 

Just watched some highlights and some old and new clips of this guy, he can deffo finish he'd also very fast and bonus is he's already got PL experience, maybe another diamond in the rough just looking for that chance to be given to him like Palmer? 

24 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Jokes aside: people are so quick to judge. This guy is 20. When Alvarez was 20, he was playing in Argentina, scoring only a couple of goals there. Pretty sure people would have been quite underwhelmed if we signed him back then. Now they are willing to spend 70-80 millions on him without hesitation.

I don't mind taking a stab at Duran. As you mention 20 and can easily get a sell on value if we need to get rid of in a year or two. 

But only at a good price. Can't be paying the same amount that say Alvarez demands. 

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Sesko had a 30% conversion rate.

Those stats are misleading. Jackson got into tons of great positions and scoffed the finish. Can’t remember him trying any of shots from outside the box unlike vlahovic and Alvarez. Conversion rate alone means sod all. 

40m on a 5 goals striker. That is dead money right there. The only way he will appreciate in value is if he becomes a main starter and scores at least double figures both of which unlikely. 

26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

40m on a 5 goals striker. That is dead money right there. The only way he will appreciate in value is if he becomes a main starter and scores at least double figures both of which unlikely. 

Perhaps just to have a different option if he's really good in the air, even if not good enough to score a lot of goals from headers.

I still prefer Alvarez, if doable, as I'd be looking forward to seeing how he links up with Cole.

29 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We may as well keep Datro Fofana around for a similar output

Having actually watched the highlights of Duran just now on YouTube rather than looking at his stats alone and dismissing him as I’d normally do, he DOES look like an absolute animal in terms of work rate, physicality, and potential. But this is the sort of striker you bring in as a long term project who is in the squad behind an already established and world class #9. Which of course we still don’t have. He isn’t someone who an already super young and inconsistent strike force needs.

If Man City for instance sold Alvarez and replaced him with Duran to backup and learn from Haaland I’d be saying “yeah, that makes sense.”

As for Solanke, I’m in the same place with him returning as I was with Tammy when the idea of him coming back for huge money was being thrown out there: AVOID ATBALL COST! These guys look great as the big fish in a smaller pond types. He would flop hard if we bought him to Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Having actually watched the highlights of Duran just now on YouTube rather than looking at his stats alone and dismissing him as I’d normally do, he DOES look like an absolute animal in terms of work rate, physicality, and potential. But this is the sort of striker you bring in as a long term project who is in the squad behind an already established and world class #9. Which of course we still don’t have. He isn’t someone who an already super young and inconsistent strike force needs.

If Man City for instance sold Alvarez and replaced him with Duran to backup and learn from Haaland I’d be saying “yeah, that makes sense.”

As for Solanke, I’m in the same place with him returning as I was with Tammy when the idea of him coming back for huge money was being thrown out there: AVOID ATBALL COST! These guys look great as the big fish in a smaller pond types. He would flop hard if we bought him to Chelsea.

I don't know...a target man, like Haaland is, has to be really good these days. Otherwise just get the better player and make the team score goals.

Couldn't agree more regarding Solanke. Actually, I'd say he's simply just not good enough a footballer for an elite club.

18 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I would throw up a little in my mouth if we spent money to re-sign Solanke

Same. A great step up for him would be to one of the perennial midtable clubs. He is not a top 4 level player.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Sesko had a 30% conversion rate.

As I said the other day.. If Jackson played for City, our supporters would think £80m for him would be a bargain.

This loser could've been a legend at Chelsea 2 years ago and save us from Fofana and his injuries, now don't want him anymore fuck him.

Edited by TheHulk