Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With Nkunku now back and hopefully fit and ready to hit the ground running from day 1 next season, with Mudryk steadily coming on, and with Palmer & Madueke on the right side we shouldn’t even be considering bringing in another wide attacker. That’s even if we can move Sterling on which I’m skeptical about.

Once we sign this Estevão kid well then have an INSANE group of supposed wonderkids in the pipeline that should be ready in 2-3 years time. Signing some ready made winger this summer would just stand in the way of of these guys. Tbh, from what I’ve seen of Omari Hutchinson I wouldn’t be against bringing him in right away to replace Sterling. He looks special.

Assuming all of our current squad is fit over the summer the only areas we should be laser focused on brining players in are a striker and top class CB. Both attacking and CM should be the furthest thoughts from the club’s mind. 

Let's say that Nkunku remains fit and avail for the entire season, we will now have Europe, so strength in depth becomes far more important. Noni IMO is not starting material at this level, but can be a good option coming off the bench. There will be situations where he will be ineffective like when a physically strong and quick defender is marking him.

The difference between a player like Nkunku and Mudryk is just too much for Mudryk to be an option; you just lose too much in all areas (some similarity only around pace).  I think we need 2 wingers esp if Palmer will be used more centralized.

I agree that Sterling seems like a bust and prob needs to go, unless there was something about his fitness we don't know about--have to wait until the season ends to find out. If he leaves, then I'd definitely go for 2 wingers and hope Mudryk moves on, which I find hard to believe.

IMO Mudryk's attacking output is not nearly good enough considering how poor he is in all other areas.

Exclusive: Brilliant Arsenal ace William Saliba being tracked by European giants ahead of €100m summer swoop

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/05/15/european-giants-arsenal-summer/

arsenal-fc-v-manchester-city-premier-lea

This summer’s transfer window is likely to be as important to Arsenal as any other club across Europe.

With one game left to play, the Gunners have set a club record amount of wins during the 2023/24 season, but could still lose out on the title if Man City beat West Ham on the final day as expected.

Mikel Arteta’s side are much improved from the 2022/23 campaign, and even if they were to beat Everton in their match, thereby ending the season on 89 points – enough to win the title in 20 of the Premier League seasons since its formation in 1992/93 – it still might not be enough.

If they don’t land the title for the first time since 2003/04, the season of the Invincibles, it will mean that Man City will have won an unprecedented fourth English top-flight title in a row, which is something that’s never been done before in the 100+ years of football in this country. A monumental achievement.

That would surely spark the Gunners into life in the transfer market as they seek to purchase the players that will help them to finally overhaul Pep Guardiola’s swashbuckling outfit.

Of course, there may be some Arsenal stars that believe that the club has gone as far as it can and, to that end, a move away might well be of interest.

European giants want Arsenal’s William Saliba

Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid and known to want to sign a centre-back in the summer transfer window, and according to CaughtOffside sources with knowledge of their transfer strategies, all three European giants continue to have Arsenal’s 23-year-old French defender, William Saliba, in their sights.

Bayern Munich have also been linked with Barcelona’s Uruguayan defender, Ronald Araujo, for some time, but the Bundesliga side will make a move for Saliba if the bid for Araujo falls through.

Real Madrid will prioritise the transfer of a centre-back this summer as captain, Nacho, will be leaving the team for a new adventure, most likely in MLS.

Their list also includes Saliba, who has had a brilliant season with Arsenal, and who Carlo Ancelotti is known to appreciate.

Both they and PSG will need to make an offer of over €100m to sign the French player, however, the London club has no intention of allowing Saliba to leave.

In fact, once the season is over, Arsenal will have talks with the player about extending his contract.

26 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Let's say that Nkunku remains fit and avail for the entire season, we will now have Europe, so strength in depth becomes far more important. Noni IMO is not starting material at this level, but can be a good option coming off the bench. There will be situations where he will be ineffective like when a physically strong and quick defender is marking him.

The difference between a player like Nkunku and Mudryk is just too much for Mudryk to be an option; you just lose too much in all areas (some similarity only around pace).  I think we need 2 wingers esp if Palmer will be used more centralized.

I agree that Sterling seems like a bust and prob needs to go, unless there was something about his fitness we don't know about--have to wait until the season ends to find out. If he leaves, then I'd definitely go for 2 wingers and hope Mudryk moves on, which I find hard to believe.

IMO Mudryk's attacking output is not nearly good enough considering how poor he is in all other areas.

Agree, we can't rely on Mudryk as well. If we can somehow get an agreement with Palace of Sterling plus some money like 10 mill or 20 for Olisse i will take that. 

Chelsea

• What a header by Cole Palmer as his stunning form this season continues! FT Brighton 1-2 Chelsea [Pictures from X/Chelsea FC]

• Cole Palmer backs Mauricio Pochettino: “All credit to the manager. All the players love the manager and want to fight for him.”

• Benjamin Sesko to Chelsea could still be one to watch despite strong links with Arsenal - more info in Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive column.

• Chelsea have prepared an improved proposal for Estevao Willian to be sent to Palmeiras. Personal terms were agreed last week, and Chelsea feel they are in control of the situation. Bayern have not moved in terms of proposals or bids so far, while Chelsea negotiations are set to advance soon.

• Artem Dovbyk has been linked with Chelsea and he has a very tempting release clause this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano in his latest column.

• Mauricio Pochettino: “Nicolas Jackson has the potential to be a fantastic striker. It’s about patience and time. He’s been working really hard, he’s changing the opinion. I am so happy that now people are starting to see Nico in the way we saw.”

• Pochettino reveals: “We have already started to work on summer transfer window plans. Now is going to start a period where players want to leave. Maybe some offers arrive or players that we want to add to the squad.”

• Todd Boehly on Chelsea project: “We’ve got to be patient. Since Boxing Day, we are the fourth best team in the Premier League. When you look at what is going on now, it feels better and better.”

• Boehly on Chelsea spending: “We are not spending the money, we are investing the money. When we are spending, we are investing and those players continue to hold their value. I argue the investments made at Chelsea have held their value.”

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Todd Boehly on Chelsea project: “We’ve got to be patient. Since Boxing Day, we are the fourth best team in the Premier League. When you look at what is going on now, it feels better and better.”

Comment from someone who hasn't been following the game for very long.

I know tactics and organization affect this, but just looking at our players running and it's clear to me they are at their physical peak--can think only Gallagher has run more earlier the season. Which begs the question why we are reaching the physical peak so late in the season. Perhaps another drawback from having so many new players in the roster, so the club did not know how handle each group correctly?

Europe (likely) next season, so the freshness will be gone. I expect we have people at the club who understand that next season will be tougher and we need strength in depth.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Boehly on Chelsea spending: “We are not spending the money, we are investing the money. When we are spending, we are investing and those players continue to hold their value. I argue the investments made at Chelsea have held their value.”

It explains a lot actually.

Edited by robsblubot

12 hours ago, Fernando said:

Agree, we can't rely on Mudryk as well. If we can somehow get an agreement with Palace of Sterling plus some money like 10 mill or 20 for Olisse i will take that. 

There is absolutely no chance Sterling goes to Palace. 

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

If we can somehow get an agreement with Palace of Sterling plus some money like 10 mill or 20 for Olisse i will take that. 

It would take more than 20 million to convince Palace to take on Sterling's contract.  

16 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Which begs the question why we are reaching the physical peak so late in the season. Perhaps another drawback from having so many new players in the roster, so the club did not know how handle each group correctly?

That was always going to be the case.   I've never seen a team sign so many new faces in back to back transfer windows and expect them to click from day 1.  

Just look at the teams ahead of us, City/Arsenal/Liverpool generally had settled squads as a core with specific signings coming in to bolster their XI (e.g. Declan Rice, Havertz, Doku, MacAllister, Endo, Gapko etc).  Spurs ran out of steam as usual in the business end of the season. 

The big question will be, can the players kick on next season as majority of the side will be similar, the only changes I'm expecting are at GK (as Sanchez/Petrovic aren't #1 choices as of right now), CB (someone to fill the Silva gap) and the midfield makeup (*depending upon Lavia's fitness). 

Selling Sterling would help but I don't see many buyers out there for a washed up winger, maybe West Ham will take him as they seem to like ex-Chelsea players (Zouma, Emerson etc). 

17 hours ago, Fernando said:

Do you see Olise as someone can be relied on?

He is a wonderful player, there's no denying in that, but ever since he joined CP, he missed more and more games every season due to muscle injuries, type of injuries which are very likely to reoccur as players age.

I am not big fan of Sterling, but at least he stayed fit in most of the season and added 9 goals and 8 assists this season, much more than our supposed-to-be star player Nkunku. It would be super annoying to get Olise and watching him and Nkunku sitting on the stands for 70% of the season. (ofc I don't say it will happen for sure, but chances are.. we were worried about Nkunku this time last year and it turned out pretty much the worst way)

47 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Ugarte is avaliable, doesn't fit Enrique version of a 6. On the other hand he fits like a glove in Poch system.

Having Caicedo, Enzo, Gallagher, Lavia, Carney, Ugo, Andrey Santos and Casadei, we should not look to spend more money on central midfielder. Pretty much the only position we are flooded. The first 3 already are a strong base, Poch should be able to integrate the others, lots of investment has been made already.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

He is a wonderful player, there's no denying in that, but ever since he joined CP, he missed more and more games every season due to muscle injuries, type of injuries which are very likely to reoccur as players age.

I am not big fan of Sterling, but at least he stayed fit in most of the season and added 9 goals and 8 assists this season, much more than our supposed-to-be star player Nkunku. It would be super annoying to get Olise and watching him and Nkunku sitting on the stands for 70% of the season. (ofc I don't say it will happen for sure, but chances are.. we were worried about Nkunku this time last year and it turned out pretty much the worst way)

True, he might be another one that could be injured frequently. Well then I guess selling Sterling and get no one else and lets use the younger players we got in that role. 

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Having Caicedo, Enzo, Gallagher, Lavia, Carney, Ugo, Andrey Santos and Casadei, we should not look to spend more money on central midfielder. Pretty much the only position we are flooded. The first 3 already are a strong base, Poch should be able to integrate the others, lots of investment has been made already.

Think Ugarte, Caicedo, and Enzo is much more balanced midfield. I like Gallagher but you spent 230m on Cai and Enzo, you might as well get a DM that allows those two to play B2B like they are suited for. I think that was the plan before Ugarte decided to take PSG higher wage over Chelsea.

try to get Ugarte on loan.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Fernando said:

There's absolutely no chance Sterling would agree to such a move. I feel like it's Saudi or bust where this summer is concerned.  

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

This is exactly where I'm at with the rumours. What's the point of having talent if they are hardly available? Not to mention how shoddy our medical team seems to be. Both appear to be a recipe for disaster.

At this point, if we decide to pursue more experienced players, they must have a solid track record in terms of fitness.

Edited by LAM09

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There's absolutely no chance Sterling would agree to such a move. I feel like it's Saudi or bust where this summer is concerned.  

This is exactly where I'm at with the rumours. What's the point of having talent if they are hardly available? Not to mention how shoddy our medical team seems to be. Both appear to be a recipe for disaster.

At this point, if we decide to pursue more experienced players, they must have a solid track record in terms of fitness.

I'm not entirely convinced it's our medical team, remember we have alot of youth players from alot of different leagues, now the PL experience players we have have pretty much stayed fit, bar James and chili bits that's standard every season, maybe it's not just our medical team, maybe it's a mixture of much higher intensity in training and a much higher intensity league then throw in the fact they are young and not as solid body wise as a middle aged pro, blaming the medical team is an easy assumption to make and I don't think your entirely wrong at all I just wanted to chuck my 2 pence in tbh 🤣

Edited by YorkshireBlue

23 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm not entirely convinced it's our medical team, remember we have alot of youth players from alot of different leagues, now the PL experience players we have have pretty much stayed fit, bar James and chili bits that's standard every season, maybe it's not just our medical team, maybe it's a mixture of much higher intensity in training and a much higher intensity league then throw in the fact they are young and not as solid body wise as a middle aged pro, blaming the medical team is an easy assumption to make and I don't think your entirely wrong at all I just wanted to chuck my 2 pence in tbh 🤣

I remember watching a clip recently of someone in sports fitness talking about some of the drills players were told to do that would only make matters worse.

The fact that our injury problems have been a recurring theme for multiple seasons now leads me to believe they are largely to blame, but you make a good point regarding our youthful crop. I'm just hoping injuries won't be the main takeaway next season.