Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Imagine Palmer musiala, nkunku and a new striker under a better manager 

Tbh we scored most goals since 16/17 season. Already 23 more than last season with 7 games to play. Fixing defense must be priority. 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Would be so incredible if we could get him home but we all know Boehly and the owners prefer some random young player over a top class talent.

Edited by TheHulk

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh we scored most goals since 16/17 season. Already 23 more than last season with 7 games to play. Fixing defense must be priority. 

New defence along with a new coach for sure 

Man City given hands-off warning. Bayern Munich determined to keep Jamal Musiala amid rumours of huge summer move

Jamal Musiala is reportedly not for sale this summer and Bayern Munich 'won't consider any offers' for the youngster amid Manchester City links.

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/man-city-warning-bayern-munich-keep-jamal-musiala-rumours-huge-summer-move/blt8681d71720a5188a

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Indeed, but it's all about the balance. Defense is not the defense line alone.

If Mudryk does not jump for the ball on the edge of box and we end up conceding, it counts against D. If Caidedo passes the ball straight to the opposition, it counts against D as well.

That's why while I'm never opposed to upgrading on the manager, that alone will only buy us so much.

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Indeed, but it's all about the balance. Defense is not the defense line alone.

If Mudryk does not jump for the ball on the edge of box and we end up conceding, it counts against D. If Caidedo passes the ball straight to the opposition, it counts against D as well.

That's why while I'm never opposed to upgrading on the manager, that alone will only buy us so much.

Agree on balance. It's hard for us to find it. When we are good defensively we are bad in offense. And opposite... 

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes that is what I been saying. 

Yes Poch is not world class like Pep or Klopp but he did build a good team in Spurs. 

We can do the same with him, he will help us improve players of good quality in certain areas we need. We can let him go in 2 or 3 season. 

He has help us improve the scoring as you mentioned that was very bad especially last two seasons. 

Now we are just shy of fixing the defense to be more competitive. If we sack Poch we risk of staying with the same dudes that need to be changed for other better players. This was the reason why we slid a lot for many years as there was no continuity. New coach comes in and wants to try everyone to see how they are.....

Besides it seems like with Poch we might have hit bottom, we are on the up and I suspect next season we will be the same more on the up. 

Would be dumb to sack him, let him continue next season and focus on improving the defense. If we can get a striker awesome....but the way we playing with Palmer and company a conventional striker might not be good. Example City with Haaland, they are a better team without him. So not sure if we need an old fashioned striker. 

Edited by Fernando

Jonathan David has two Serie A giants after him, but Premier League move still likely

Jonathan David is liked by several Italian teams, Napoli and Milan are the ones that have enquired about him. But the crucial matter is the cost of the deal. Between the price, and the fact that David is asking for a high salary, this makes it difficult for Milan and Napoli, and so I'm told that the Premier League is still his most likely destination.

Twist in Ronald Araujo saga

What I can say is that right now, there's no negotiations ongoing. His agents and Bayern Munich spoke and negotiated a lot during the month of January, that much is true.

But an important issue is the manager of Bayern Munich next season. I know that Julian Nagelsmann, who was one of the candidates to take over but has renewed his deal with Germany, loved Ronald Araujo. This could impact matters.

Bayern will have a a huge budget for signings for this summer, but the talks between Bayern and Araujo are from months ago. It remains the case that Araujo still hasn't reached an agreement over a new contract with Barcelona, but we shall have to wait to see how it plays out in the coming months.

Nagelsmann was a big reason that the deal could have happened though, and he wanted Araujo, but now it could depend on who the next Bayern coach is.

• Barcelona have opened talks with talented midfielder Marc Casadó over a new long-term deal. Talks are ongoing and advancing well over a three-year contract until June 2027, as Barça consider Casadó an important talent for the present and future.

• Ronald Araújo on Gundogan’s comments on his red card after the PSG game: “I’d rather keep to myself what I really think… I have my own codes and values that I think you need to respect.”

• Ronald Araújo: “The subject of extending my contract is going well. At the end of the season we will sit down together with the club. I am very happy in Barcelona and I am always going to give everything until the end.”

• Luis Enrique open to becoming Barcelona manager again [3Cat]

13 hours ago, Fernando said:

Now we are just shy of fixing the defense to be more competitive.

If we don't have a good defense, we won't be competitive in the premier league.   Getting results like 3-2, 4-3 etc is not sustainable.  Palmer is the star right now but you can bet going into next season that he will definitely be aggressively marked by the opposition players and they will start the tactical fouling (just like how teams used to go for Hazard with those nasty challenges). 

13 hours ago, Fernando said:

We can let him go in 2 or 3 season.

That would mean we remain in 10th spot for 2+ seasons and there is every chance players will start to leave without European football. 

Poch isn't the answer, he can help in the short term but if we want to get back to being in the mix for top 4, we need a better manager and a much much better defensive structure.  

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Jonathan David has two Serie A giants after him, but Premier League move still likely

Jonathan David is liked by several Italian teams, Napoli and Milan are the ones that have enquired about him. But the crucial matter is the cost of the deal. Between the price, and the fact that David is asking for a high salary, this makes it difficult for Milan and Napoli, and so I'm told that the Premier League is still his most likely destination.

Should be one we go for in that 50 mil range. 

Isak would have been great but people here acted he was average after a little dip where he no doubt knew he was leaving. 
Wouldn’t be shocked to see people dismiss this move as well. 

Thiago Silva leaving Chelsea, plus Conor Gallagher to Newcastle links

The big news yesterday is that Thiago Silva, after crying at the end of Chelsea’s FA Cup semi-final defeat against Manchester City at Wembley, is leaving Chelsea at the end of the season. The decision has been made and will be announced by the player himself in the next days or weeks.

Chelsea and Silva never really discussed a contract extension, and now the Brazilian defender will say his goodbyes. Silva has always been super professional, on and off the pitch - he already had some opportunities in January to leave Chelsea, from what I’m told, but he decided to say no because he wanted to help the club and to help the young players during this complicated season. He will do his best until the end, but soon it will be time to say goodbye.

6ed618bf-7a1b-4f26-af97-62c4e1c99aa2_303

In terms of what happens next, he has several possibilities. Fluminense have wanted him for a long time, they’ve been dreaming of his return, but there are other possibilities and Silva will take his time before deciding his next move.

Staying with Chelsea, we continue to see reports about Conor Gallagher’s future, with Newcastle also being linked with the midfielder now. I’m aware of Tottenham’s interest since last summer and that is still valid for Gallagher, who’s appreciated by Ange Postecoglou.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have to focus on Financial Fair Play before thinking about that kind of move. Also nothing is clear for Bruno Guimaraes future yet as I’m told nothing is concrete or advanced so far for Bruno, so it’s too early to be talking about possible replacements like Gallagher or anyone else.

Chelsea

• Thiago Silva’s future has been decided - full details in Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive column.

• Conor Gallagher to Newcastle rumours emerge, but what’s the truth? Fabrizio Romano takes a look in his exclusive column.

• Cole Palmer was not in training yesterday due to illness ahead of the Arsenal vs Chelsea game, while Malo Gusto is currently undergoing medical assessment. Christopher Nkunku is still in partial team training.

• Mauricio Pochettino on Nicolas Jackson following the difficult game against Man City: “Jackson is doing fantastic and he will always have my support. He’s doing an amazing job for the team: running, scoring, assists. It’s not easy on the first season. Nicolas fights for the club and he will be better next season, no doubts.”

• Pochettino: “It’s a good challenge if Palmer is not available vs Arsenal. If I were them, I would be motivated to go there tomorrow and show that this is Chelsea Football Club, not Cole Palmer Football Club.”

7 hours ago, Thor said:

I've found out it doesn't matter who we get, because most Chelsea fans are spoilt brats who will slag any player as not good enough if we aren't winning titles that year. 

We just want to see a fight from players, work your arse off and don't chuck the toys out the pram if things don't go your way.

The problem lately we have bought mentally weak players that are far too raw coming into the most intense league in the world and yet a lot cower like babies

But this isn’t Crystal Palace , we can’t just have passion merchants who charge around for 90 minutes.

there need to be a high minimum standard for technical ability if you want to play for Chelsea. The likes of Caicedo Gallagher and disasi should be playing hoof ball for stoke 

we need a Manager like Xavi who will demand this and not put up with heavy touch donkeys 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We just want to see a fight from players, work your arse off and don't chuck the toys out the pram if things don't go your way.

so basically Gallagher, yet people are often wants him out of the club