Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So who are some other proven striker targets we could move for in January? I see Arse are apparently going to go hard after Toney and it’s highly unlikely he’d choose us in our current state ahead of a team near the top of the table and in the UCL.

list of CFs who are even remotely available (some maybe not for us though, they may not come to our hot mess atm)

did not include Latauro, as Inter would want insane money to let him go, he is not worth that amount, and I doubt he would come here anyway

some are huge dice rolls

many will not want to come here I wager

Victor Osimhen   
Dušan Vlahović  
Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney  
Evan Ferguson  
Ollie Watkins
Santiago Gimenez
Benjamin Šeško

Youssoufa Moukoko 
Taiwo Awoniyi  
Patrik Schick 
Evanilson   
Gift Orban  
Mathys Tel   
Elye Wahi 
Amine Gouiri   
Boulaye Dia
Hugo Ekitiké  
Terem Moffi   
Adam Hlozek 
Marcos Leonardo
Gaëtan Laborde 
Karim Konaté
Serhou Guirassy 
Viktor Gyökeres
Jhon Córdoba  
Kauã Elias  (youth)

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I 100% stand by my original statements

following your logic basically no players would work out here

you are advocating (perhaps unknowingly) for only buying players at prime Messi, CR7, Mbappe, Håland, Benz, Lewa level

good luck with that

This is 100% theoretical discussion as since it never happened, so there is no objective truth, only what if. 
I still feel it's unclear wether we are talking about those players here and now or getting them when they were raw talent btw.

I do not believe attempting the same thing 9374274th time, but with different players, and expecting different result, nor do I advocate for CR7. I'm actually advocating for the opposite - building the team that supplements itself and is greater, than sum of it's elements, so something most sane clubs would try to do and what football director exists for, rather than trying to assemble a mixed bag of individual talent. City pre-Haland was pretty much following this "low-key" route, contrary to PSG. City's busts percentage and ours are different ends of spectrum I guess.

Our CL-winning team did not contain a singe truly spectacular, wc-class player, but Tuchel somehow made it work, with some blind luck included. Sarri's team was Hazard's one man show, but otherwise also just a decent team. Does anyone currently even think about how our player's individual traits interact with each other, I'm not sure. Eg. we were supposed to be fire after getting Enzo, turned out he lacks Caicedo, now we have both and still nada, so something clearly doesn't click here.

If things were that copy-paste easy, our fans favorite team of Sancho, Bakambu, Bailey, Werner, Zaha, Ndidi, Icardi, Wan-Bissaka, half of Lyon and that Israeli GK I can't even locate now would be raising it's 6th CL trophy by now 🤪

Edited by Vegetable

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

our fans favorite team of Sancho, Bakambu, Bailey, Werner, Zaha, Ndidi, Icardi, Wan-Bissaka, half of Lyon and that Israeli GK I can't even locate now would be raising it's 6th CL trophy by now 

I  am not talking those fools

out of the top 100 valued non already Chels players

these are ones we have actual, even remotely viable (and some are like 1 ot 2 % chance) shots at

(all positions)

Victor Osimhen 
Jamal Musiala  (extremely unlikely)
Rafael Leão 
Florian Wirtz  
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Aurélien Tchouaméni  

Frenkie de Jong 
Matthijs de Ligt 
Nicolò Barella 
Alphonso Davies
Dušan Vlahović   
Nuno Mendes  
Achraf Hakimi 

Antony
Jonathan David   
Raphinha
Theo Hernández   
Mikel Merino  
António Silva  
Amadou Onana  
Lucas Paquetá  
Jadon Sancho
Diogo Costa 
Gianluigi Donnarumma   
Mike Maignan 

Patrick Dorgu

07dc55afa1dc95da559e15c99342e6b9.png

DORGU ALLA MESSI: salta tutti, mette a sedere il portiere e l'appoggia in  porta. IL VIDEO

Lecce Prodigy Reveals Dream Premier League Club

Liverpool transfer blow as wonderkid declares "dream" to play for Premier League rivals Chelsea

Lecce defender Patrick Dorgu has been extensively scouted by Liverpool this year but he the Denmark youth international has spoken of his "dream" to play for Chelsea

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-patrick-dorgu-lecce-31040193

On 28/09/2023 at 11:24, Amad_diallo said:

Sorry for the late reply, been busy but back to what you're was saying.

I hear your point, but the whole thing backfired  the owners miscalculated the whole situation they wanted to control the narrative by using the media. Feeding the press fake news

I dont believe them for a second  lets say he had an affair it didn't stop him from winning cl
Tuchel wasn't the   issue, 

The real issue here is they wanting to change a club overnight. 

Do you know what strikes me as odd ? 

This past summer when they offloaded all the players it  almost felt like the players knew what's to come in the near by future suddenly everbody was warming up to the idea of leaving and thats a bad sign.

Without knowing details of the Tuchel sacking, I can't really judge it. I do though give weight to people who say they know details. Every such person I'm aware of says TT had to go. I would have liked him to stay but there does not seem to be anyone in the know who is on his side on this.

The players who left needed to go. Whether they wanted to go because they lost faith in the club's leadership, or because they lost faith in the quality of the squad, doesn't matter. With the one possible exception of Lewis Hall, they all had to go as a matter of urgency.

Five clubs that could now sign Victor Osimhen including Arsenal and Man Utd

After falling out with his club this week, the Serie A winner could soon leave Italy with a number of top teams linked with a move.

https://www.givemesport.com/victor-osimhen-next-club-napoli-transfer-rumours/

collage-maker-27-sep-2023-02-20-pm-5887.

7ee31e401a17f601717569d05c5e21a8.png

Last season, Napoli achieved something they hadn't managed in 33 years as they won Serie A. This was the third Scudetto in the club’s history – the first since the days of Deigo Maradona in 1990. At the heart of their success was talisman Victor Osimhen who scored 26 league goals in 32 games, as well as picking up five assists.

You would think a season as good as that would be enough to cement the striker's untouchable status as a club legend forever. However, after a poor start to the season – in which time he's still netted three Serie A goals in five games – it appears as though some of those at Gli Azzurri have short memories. Indeed, the player was recently mocked by the club's own social media team after he missed a penalty in a 0-0 draw against Bologna on Sunday.

Understandably, Osimhen was been left angered and upset by the distasteful content and is set to take legal action against Napoli. On top of this, he has also removed all references to the Italian club on his Instagram page – sparking wide debate about his future with the club. With this being the current state of play, we've decided to list five football clubs which could be interested in signing the Nigerian forward, who was valued at a staggering £150m by his club during the summer.

9a1e7340746da57d6ce4b5d2331e6d3c.png

Manchester United

For some time now, Man United have been on the lookout for a striker who knows how to find the back on a regular basis. Marcus Rashford is the club's best goalscorer but he operates best when stationed out on the left. And while £72m summer Rasmus Hojlund is very talented, at 20 years of age it may take some time before he can be counted upon as a prolific forward.

With that in mind, if Erik ten Hag really wants to get the club back to the top of English football in the short term, the Red Devils may look for someone who is ready to bring goals right now. It's a known fact that Osimhen has been a target for some time too, with the Manchester Evening News first naming him on the club's shortlist back in November last year, and rumours persisted throughout the summer. In the end, money was spent on the more attainable option of Hojlund but with the Napoli man potentially ready to force his way out of the club, United could find themselves in a position to make a move this winter.

Real Madrid

In light of the events this week, Mail Sport have already named Real Madrid as one of the clubs who could push to sign the 24-year-old striker this January. The Spanish giants obviously lost Karim Benzema in the summer and only brought in veteran forward Joselu as a replacement. With six goals to his name already, Jude Bellingham has proven himself to be a great addition to the attack but Los Blancos will surely want a more natural goalscorer in the team soon enough.

Of course, they have plans to sign Kylian Mbappé in the near future but with his contract at Paris Saint-Germain set to expire in the summer, he could arrive in Madrid on a free transfer. This would potentially free up some money to be spent on another new and exciting transfer. If Osimhen was to join alongside the French World Cup winner – having only just snapped up English superstar Bellingham – it could mark a return of the first Galacticos era, which we saw under current chairman Florentino Pérez in the early 2000s.

Arsenal

As per the Irish Mirror, a number of English clubs have been put "on red-alert" by the news that the Nigerian could be set to sue his own club. Arsenal are among the Premier League sides to be named in the report and they have had their eyes on the forward for some time now. Indeed, speaking to Centregoals (via football.london), Osimhen once revealed how the Gunners had closely looked at him as an 18-year-old back in 2017. He said: "I spoke with Arsene Wenger and he wanted me to come to Arsenal but it was not the best option at the time."

It seems good timing that the striker should suddenly appear as an option on the market as Mikel Arteta's men have been heavily linked with another new forward this week as well. Indeed, former player Paul Merson suggested in his Sky Sports column that Ivan Toney should be signed to replace Eddie Nketiah – while a report in The Times suggests this could happen for up to £80m. But perhaps Arsenal should be a little more ambitious and snub the Brentford ace in favour of a move for the 24-year-old Serie A winner.

Chelsea

It's no secret that Chelsea could do with a proven goalscorer leading the line. After all, summer signing Nicolas Jackson has scored just one goal in his first six league games for the club so far – picking up five yellow cards along the way. With the Blues struggling, something will need to change and we all know how Todd Boehly loves to throw money at a problem. He'd certainly need an awful lot of cash to land Osimhen too, having been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge during the summer.

That aforementioned article in Mail Sport this week names Chelsea as one team who still hold an interest in the forward. However, it does add that a deal could be complicated by a new wage structure at the club, as Boehly and Clearlake Capital have implemented an incentivised pay system in player contracts which is linked to Champions League qualification – their wages reportedly fluctuate depending on whether they were competing in the competition or not. Seeing as it seems very unlikely that they'll be playing in that tournament any time soon, it could be hard to convince Osimhen to join. But the likes of Moises Caicdeo and Romeo Lavia arrived in the summer despite having alternative options, so who knows how this will play out.

Saudi Pro League

While a number of veteran stars moved to the Saudi Pro League this summer – such as Benzema N'Golo Kante, and Roberto Firmino – plenty of younger talents also swapped European football for the Middle East. Stars still in their 20s such as Gabri Veiga, Ruben Neves and Roger Ibanez all made the move heading into their peak years, which suggests that a transfer for Osimhen isn't entirely out of the question.

As per Mail Sport, "Saudi Arabian clubs will lead the pursuit" of the Napoli ace should he look to depart in the near future. It's not revealed which teams specifically will try and chase the forward but it's safe to assume that whoever emerges as the favourite will have more than enough money in the bank to pay both a transfer fee and the player's wages. He currently earns a reported £91k-p/w, with his contract set to expire in 2025.

13 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Without knowing details of the Tuchel sacking, I can't really judge it. I do though give weight to people who say they know details. Every such person I'm aware of says TT had to go. I would have liked him to stay but there does not seem to be anyone in the know who is on his side on this.

The players who left needed to go. Whether they wanted to go because they lost faith in the club's leadership, or because they lost faith in the quality of the squad, doesn't matter. With the one possible exception of Lewis Hall, they all had to go as a matter of urgency.

Okey, might I ask who are those people that you are alluding to ?

Is it inside info ?

Or reading from the press ?

Just curious you know.

There was some players that definitely needed to leave. 

And I few of them could have stayed on.

I hope im wrong and we could get back to winning and climbing up the table soon.

But even former players are ticked off 

Was just reading this the other day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12570651/Frank-Leboeuf-DISGUSTED-Chelseas-decline-mid-table-fears-owner-Todd-Boehly-KILL-club-things-dont-improve-spending-1billion-players.html

Sources: Major update on Chelsea signing Osimhen after scandal

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-major-update-on-Chelsea-signing-osimhen-after-scandal/

Chelsea could be the best-placed club to land striker Victor Osimhen if he forces a Napoli exit, sources have told Football Insider.

The possibility of the 24-year-old leaving Naples has increased following a social media scandal in recent days.

His agent has publicly threatened legal action against the Italian club after a series of TikTok videos were posted by the team mocking the forward.

Osimhen is a long-term target for Chelsea – who wanted to sign the striker last summer, in January and in the most recent summer window.

However, it is believed a deal for the Nigeria international, who is out of contract in June 2025, will be a tough one to do from a Financial Fair Play standpoint.

But a well-placed source has told Football Insider that a deal may be “too good to miss out on” if the right circumstances arise.

Napoli are likely to demand a mega-money fee for the man who fired 31 goals last season to help them to the Serie A title.

Chelsea could now be the best-placed European giant in the running for Osimhen as their scoring woes continue.

It is believed a potential move would most likely take place in 2024’s summer window, rather than in the mid-season January window.

Osimhen has already hit four goals in seven games across all competitions for Napoli this term.

Meanwhile, Chelsea are struggling for goals and sit 14th in the Premier League table with five points.

Big-money striker signing Christopher Nkunku could be out injured until the end of this year, while Nicolas Jackson is struggling to find his feet at the top of the Blues’ attack.

Jackson, who has managed just one league goal in six games this term, will miss next week’s (2 October) clash with Fulham after racking up five yellow cards.

In other news, Chelsea board change stance after Pochettino sack update.

Revealed: How Chelsea could sign Osimhen in January and still comply with FFP

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-how-Chelsea-could-sign-osimhen-in-january-and-still-comply-with-ffp/

Chelsea will have to offload more first-team players to make a deal for Napoli striker Victor Osimhen possible, sources have told Football Insider.

Football Insider revealed on Friday (29 September) that Chelsea could be the best-placed club to land the striker if he forces an exit from Naples.

Osimhen’s agent has recently threatened Napoli with legal action after a series of TikTok videos were posted by the team mocking the forward.

It is believed a deal for the Nigeria international, who is out of contract in June 2025, will be a tough one to do for Chelsea from a Financial Fair Play standpoint.

The Blues spending a reported £400million in the summer window – supplementing that outlay with the sales of a number of key players.

Kai Havertz, Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic and Kalidou Koulibaly were among the stars to depart Stamford Bridge for big-money fees.

But more sales will have to follow if Chelsea are to solve their striker woes with the signing of Osimhen in the January or summer 2024 windows.

Noni Madueke and Marc Cucurella are among the first-team stars to play the fewest minutes for Mauricio Pochettino’s side this season.

Football Insider revealed on Thursday (28 September) that a forward has been made the “priority” by the Blues’ transfer chiefs after a poor start to the season.

Big-money striker signing Christopher Nkunku could be out injured until the end of this year, while fellow summer arrival Nicolas Jackson is struggling to find his feet at the top of the Blues’ attack.

Osimhen has already hit four goals in seven games across all competitions for Napoli this term.

He fired 31 goals last season to help them to the Serie A title.

On 28/09/2023 at 21:23, NikkiCFC said:

It's true you never know with any player. Majority here for years wanted us to get Sancho. For 120m. And called Icardi release clause of 100m - steel. 

realisticly none of us knows what the fuck are we talking about.