LCBs Colwill+Badiashile

LBs Chilwell+Maatsen

Pivot Enzo+Lavia

Pivot Caicedo+Ugochukwu

LAM Mudryk+Palmer

SS Nkunku+Carney+Gallagher

RAM Sterling+Madueke

CF Jackson+Broja

23 not including Chalobah who I'm assuming is off, or Fofana who is broken, or the many randomers (Bettinelli) and kids we've got around the place that I'm assuming don't count in the target number based on Poch's previous comments. About what we were aiming for.

I'm still concerned we don't have enough goals in the team but a lot will depend on so many players and how they work out. Maybe some people will emerge as big goal scorers.

We bought Palmer to play on right though.

Just now, TheHulk said:

We bought Palmer to play on right though.

Yeah we'll see I guess, Sterling was also predominantly LW historically so maybe they'll switch to play inverted, or maybe we want a rightie on the right and a leftie on the left?

11 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Yeah we'll see I guess, Sterling was also predominantly LW historically so maybe they'll switch to play inverted, or maybe we want a rightie on the right and a leftie on the left?

Good thing is you can switch them constantly during the game,  and Palmer can come inside and drift out wide when needed. 

With the exception of Bernardo Silva, Pep has not stopped players from moving, even when it has been quality players.

And like it was mentioned before, his education in a setup like City would be valuable.

Check this out.. one of their fan channels who doesn't spout a load of bollocks. He is gutted. Think he says when Palmer has played on the RW he played 15 games with 11 goals and 5 assists or something like that. Most City fans are fuming.

Edited by DDA

Jeez. From interest revealed out of absolutely nowhere to done deal within literal hours.  For a £45m deal between PL Big 6 rivals. That’s completely unheard of dealing.

Have to say now that the last missing piece that this squad needs is an experienced, reliable #9. Depending on how Jackson and Broja perform until January that’ll probably be Ivan Toney.

23 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so we are not buying a striker in the end?

Cole Palmer is a Kai-esque half 9. I think he will play there if we lose NJ, until we sign someone else in Jan or next summer. Feels like maybe the last big money signing when the right opportunity comes up. 

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

Really, Palmer. Hope to be wrong but Jesus that is a.. real odd one.

I always ask myself when big club to club transfers take place, within circumstance, why are they letting him go?

Maybe Man City have FFP issues as well, combined with the player being disgruntled for not playing enough?

I've heard people suggest that when you combine transfer fees, agent fees, wages and bonuses that should be obtainable the Harland transfer is probably the most expensive transfer of all time. So perhaps it's no coincidence that Man City are selling Palmer at the same time that they are purchasing Nunes from Wolves.

8 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I always ask myself when big club to club transfers take place, within circumstance, why are they letting him go?

3 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

Maybe Man City have FFP issues as well, combined with the player being disgruntled for not playing enough?

I've heard people suggest that when you combine transfer fees, agent fees, wages and bonuses that should be obtainable the Harland transfer is probably the most expensive transfer of all time. So perhaps it's no coincidence that Man City are selling Palmer at the same time that they are purchasing Nunes from Wolves.

City and Pep don't usually stop players who want to leave. Only exception has been Bernardo Silva in recent years

6 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Pep has almost always let very good players leave if they want to go. This will be amazing for their FFP as he's an academy player too, virtually the same player buying / sales model we've been using.

City is one club I have no problems buying from personally. They have elite players everywhere and very good players can end up wanting to leave. We've been in the same situation ourselves at our peak, back in time.