Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So the names I’ve seen throughout the day are Sancho, Ansu Fati, Ferran Torres, and Raphinha.

I don’t think I’d be genuinely happy with a single one of those. And I really wanted both Sancho & Raphinha badly before they moved to United and Barca. If I had to choose one of those I’d probably take Sancho. His top level is higher than the others if it can be unlocked again. But he’s only obscene wages so is surely impossible with our current wage straucture.

Yes his wages are highest so doesn't fit our structure. 

Also yes his numbers were unreal in Bundesliga but he failed to translate them in PL for 2 seasons now. Nothing suggests he will change that in the future. We had those examples before especially in Dortmund attack. 

Raphinha on the other hand is proven PL player. Did great in both seasons. 

Regarding age Raphinha is 26, Sancho and Torres 23 and Fati just 20. So I think Fati has highest selling. 22 goals in LaLiga in minutes equal to 35 games. His biggest problems are obviously injuries. If he puts them behind he can become world class player. I'm ok if we decide to bet on that. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So the names I’ve seen throughout the day are Sancho, Ansu Fati, Ferran Torres, and Raphinha.

I don’t think I’d be genuinely happy with a single one of those. And I really wanted both Sancho & Raphinha badly before they moved to United and Barca. If I had to choose one of those I’d probably take Sancho. His top level is higher than the others if it can be unlocked again. But he’s only obscene wages so is surely impossible with our current wage straucture.

If it's between those 4 it's Sancho >> Fati>>>>>>>>Raphinha >>>>>>>>>>>>> my grandma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ferran.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

a list of all the names I am still seeing us linked with (all positions, and listed by descending valuation)

some are just wild (and some of those are new)

Jamal Musiala
Randal Kolo Muani  
Dusan Vlahovic
Darwin Núñez
Jonathan David  
Raphinha 
João Félix 
Jadon Sancho 
Jeremie Frimpong
Eberechi Eze
Ansu Fati  
Amine Gouiri   
Emile Smith Rowe 
Ivan Toney 
Pedro Gonçalves  
Pervis Estupiñán 
Rayan Cherki  
Jean-Clair Todibo 
Ferran Torres 
Marcus Edwards
Thiago Almada
Gift Orban 
Bradley Barcola 
Antonee Robinson  

On top of the massive fee and push from Musiala himself in order to make this deal at least 1% possible Bayern look thin in the 10 role. Muller is 34 and all other options are wingers. Granted Tuchel can set up without one, but still this one looks like a silly season classic. The two clubs are talking over Chalobah, we need an attacking versatile player and he used to be part of our academy. Lovely ingredients to make up a story. 

🚨️"Things are progressing for Manchester United and Marc Cucurella. They have an agreement in principle on personal terms with the player. He’s given them the green light and so now they will focus on reaching an agreement with Chelsea as soon as possible, and won’t negotiate for other left-backs."

"At Man United they believe that Cucurella is a perfect opportunity. He’s a proven player, excellent in his position. Of course, he wasn’t lucky on his first season at Chelsea but what he did at Brighton and Getafe can’t be forgotten."

#CFC

(@FabrizioRomano via @caughtoffside)

🚨️I understand Ferran Torres, Jadon Sancho, Ansu Fati and Raphinha are amongst a ‘list’ of possible attackers Chelsea have discussed bringing in before the window shuts.

Chelsea would love to bring back Jamal Musiala, but unsurprisingly Bayern wouldn’t be keen to sell now.

#CFC

(@TheSecretScout_)

Raphinia, frick me, hadn't see this crap in a long time. And Sancho, another busted internet wonderkid we supposedly absolutely needed, until he didn't live up to half of what was expected from him. Maybe we should throw like 60 million to bring Kenedy back, it may be his time now.

And doubt Musiala thing has any truth to it - he quite deliberately left us and seems to feel good in Bayern, like he wouldn't ever here, so why come back?

27 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

🚨️"Things are progressing for Manchester United and Marc Cucurella. They have an agreement in principle on personal terms with the player. He’s given them the green light and so now they will focus on reaching an agreement with Chelsea as soon as possible, and won’t negotiate for other left-backs."

"At Man United they believe that Cucurella is a perfect opportunity. He’s a proven player, excellent in his position. Of course, he wasn’t lucky on his first season at Chelsea but what he did at Brighton and Getafe can’t be forgotten."

#CFC

(@FabrizioRomano via @caughtoffside)

Utd are in a hole and are another PL rich team. The loan fee should cover his book cost and they should also cover his wages. 

27 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Utd are in a hole and are another PL rich team. The loan fee should cover his book cost and they should also cover his wages. 

The reports are saying we're after £7M as a loan-fee. It's not quite enough to cover his amortisation value (£9.5M) but not too far off either. Even if United haggle a few mill off the loan fee, getting Cucurella's big £9M/y salary off the books for the season would be the biggest upside here. Even a £4M loan fee and having United pay his wages would save us around £13M for the season. Maatsen's salary is quite small so counting him in the saving would still amount to more than £10M overall.

Next year Cucurella's remaining book value would be £37M. If he has a decent season out on loan it could be possible to sell him for £30-35M or just ship him out on loan at similar terms and try again in 2025. Either way getting him out now would be a big financial help in the short term and would probably make it easier to get rid of him on a permanent deal later on so I'm all for it.

At the start of the summer I thought that even if he's expensive, keeping Cucurella wouldn't be that much of a catastrophe squad quality -wise (and I still think that) but when Maatsen can offer just the same output as he does while being much cheaper, it makes all sense to get rid of Cucu if at all possible.

That we haven’t heard any concrete “Chelsea have decided their target and have opened negotiations” talk this close to the deadline tells me that we probably couldn’t make what we wanted happen and will not be signing anyone else. 

Think we’ll wait for a January and target Toney.