Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

he lacks something you cannot teach

innate footbaling IQ

if he had even early mid career on (say 2001 or so and onward) Lampard footie IQ (hell even 70% of that, especially 2003/04 and on Lamps) he would be a beast

You are overthinking this, he simply lacks technique - cant withstand pressing, cant pick up passes

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

You are overthinking this, he simply lacks technique - cant withstand pressing, cant pick up passes

Its more than just that.

He lacks insight and spatial awareness.

I am not overthinking, I  am observant and I am simply aporying the most basic of analytic skills.

Gallagher could have double the technical ability but that doesn't remove headless chicken mode.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Its more than just that.

He lacks insight and spatial awareness.

I am not overthinking, I  am observant and I am simply aporying the most basic of analytic skills.

Gallagher could have double the technical ability but that doesn't remove headless chicken mode.

I think you are both right: it's an *and*
Tbf, they are related. If the player struggles to control the football, he will have less focus avail for other aspects of the game. Typically players with sublime technique have an easier time with decisions.

Edited by robsblubot

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I think you are both right: it's an *and*
Tbf, they are related. If the player struggles to control the football, he will have less focus avail for other aspects of the game. Typically players with sublime technique have an easier time with decisions.

Of course he lacks both, but if you look at my initial post, I said he lacks

'Somthing that cannot be taught'

Techical skills can be taught and/or improved via instruction.

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

agreed. Disappointing with Broja injury issues. Always nervous about 20yo and injuries tbh.

still wish Cucurella can become useful in the right system; I don't what that system ought to be tho.
Maybe he can cover as a mobile CB in the 3-cb system as he has done last season, or a defensive LB if we even go back to 4 at the back.

🤷‍♂️

I just don't see him doing well in any of those positions.   He's like Luiz but without the talent.   At least with Luiz you would get a good performance out of him (as long as he had a solid CB partner).  

Feels like another Kepa except he's a LB. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just don't see him doing well in any of those positions.   He's like Luiz but without the talent.   At least with Luiz you would get a good performance out of him (as long as he had a solid CB partner).  

Feels like another Kepa except he's a LB. 

Yeah nothing like Luiz who was super skillful esp for a CB. I think Cuccu more like Azpi when employed in CB (3cb). He did well in some matches playing like that last season.
Look I'm trying here... 😉 he's been pretty poor so far.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes because we need another unproven, inexperienced, development style project player to go with the 13, 14, 15 others we have. Will we just enter the u23s league and win that every season?

Same goes for Kudus tbh. 

Im not sure who I would want. Probably Olmo, but no way we would get him. 

Arsenal will demand £50m from Chelsea for Folarin Balogun after the Blues sounded out the United States striker, 22, over a move to Stamford Bridge. (Evening Standard)

I know nothing of this guy other than he's a septic, but I don't think we want/need him and certainly not for £50M