Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If we miss out on Caicedo it’s a disgrace. Worse still if he haunts us at Liverpool for a decade.

I knew it made zero sense for us to be after all 3 of Adams, Lavia, and Caicedo. The fact that Adams now looks done and we’ve put in a bid out of nowhere for Lavia suggests that Caicedo is off to Liverpool.

Adams is a poor move.

I’m sorry but really if we are signing him ahead of Caicedo or even Lavia, then we have got big big issues with the footballing department. Like it is blatantly obvious he isn’t any better than what we have.  

Although if he does well then it will be a surprise but honestly, I’d of rather we kept every midfielder we have let go in the past 12 months than sign Tyler Adams. And that says a lot.

If Liverpool get Caicedo also - wow. I mean we are fucking about not offering Southampton £50m for Lavia, instead offering £48m… fucking 2m off their asking price. What are we doing?

Edited by OneMoSalah

If in the end he goes to Liverpool it’s going to be infuriating to see how we bid £80m for him and then instead of stumping up the extra £20m we used that money to buy Ugo, Washington, and Adams. Instead of buying the world class DM that could’ve been a rock in our midfield for years we instead buy average or potential.

Liverpool are genuine title challengers if they hijack this.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

It's just Liverpool jousting, they cannot afford Caicedo and they haven't even bid apparently

Who knows they did just receive best part of £50 odd mill for Henderson and Fabinho so could they throw that on top of the £40, 42, 45m they've bid for Lavia over last few weeks? 

Hopefully not but if they do then I’m afraid to say the footballing people have to take a look at themselves. The amount of players we’ve bought for Strasbourg, could have easily spent £20m less and put it towards Caicedo deal a month ago.

In fact after we balanced the books and offloaded all of the players we didn’t want/didn’t need, why wasn’t Caicedo signing our first priority? Particularly when City, Arsenal and United were in for Rice? Did we think we could strong arm Brighton into a cheap deal months after they rejected £70m and the kid signed a new deal?