Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This is true but weren’t Leeds rather progressive last season?

@Pizy suggests and I agree that while they may have tried at some point, it did not work that well for them. It is difficult to compare: where it's option in a smaller club, keeping the ball is mandatory at a bigger club.

That's why some players, like our own Cuccurella struggle as his skillset isn't really a great fit for our game plan. His best showings last season were "azpi on the left" more like a defender, which is what he is.

With that out of the way, it's always nice to have options and that includes players with different characteristics.

Edited by robsblubot

41 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we spent 140M on fofana and nkunku and we had to spend now on a defender and we are going to sign another player to replace nkunku.

the sum of these two values would give two much better players

what a disgrace of management

People are never happy on here. 

Get another front guy and Caceido and we're set. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imagine if we let go of Kepa now and then had to rush out and buy ANOTHER keeper! 🤣

Rumours we've been unwilling to put two keepers on #1 keeper wages, Kepa leaving would change that.

So we could make a late play for an elite keeper of failing that get someone like Keylor Navas in on a one year deal and attack that area next summer.

We can't pass on the opportunity to get Kepa's wages off the books, even at a short term inconvenience.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imagine if we let go of Kepa now and then had to rush out and buy ANOTHER keeper! 🤣

Can see us getting that Costa guy but starting the season with Sanchez. I'd be happy with Sanchez over Kepa tbh. Kepa is washed.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Rumours we've been unwilling to put two keepers on #1 keeper wages, Kepa leaving would change that.

So we could make a late play for an elite keeper of failing that get someone like Keylor Navas in on a one year deal and attack that area next summer.

We can't pass on the opportunity to get Kepa's wages off the books, even at a short term inconvenience.

Getting rid of all the high earners is unwise especially when they have won trophies for the club. Is Chelsea now becoming the new Leeds?

After how glowing Poch has been about Kepa I can’t see it. Unless Bayern offer something too good to turn down. He seems pretty well liked in the dressing room as well so letting go of yet another popular player internally may not be best for harmony.

14 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Getting rid of all the high earners is unwise especially when they have won trophies for the club. Is Chelsea now becoming the new Leeds?

We dont wanna get rid of them bc they are high earners but bc they dont perform according to these wages. A Kepa for example is on higher wages than Ederson oder Alisson, that is ridiculous when u look at his performance. If u are on higher wages than other players u also have to perform on a higher level than others. 
Sterling is on more than 3 times the wages than Mudryk....is he even better than him?

24 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Well by that basis we should let him go and get Navas on a short term deal as he's a significantly more succesful player trophy wise.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

we spent 140M on fofana and nkunku and we had to spend now on a defender and we are going to sign another player to replace nkunku.

the sum of these two values would give two much better players

what a disgrace of management

You are literally only saying this because Nkunku got injured I’m sure if I go through all the preseason match threads you were praising him. He was very unfortunate with a bad tackle on a worse pitch. You can see his knee was jarred getting caught in the grass

That's true, but it's usually play. Neymar rarely gets injured on his own, but it seems to happen a lot with him.

Players can be more or less susceptible to injuries due a number of factors, build fitness, physical strength (muscle mass), technique, mentality, etc. Tbf, Nkunku looks like a fit footballer, so maybe something with his build or perhaps he exposes himself too much in tackles... difficult to say. Fact is that he has had knee issues as well as muscle issues in the past. Not sure it's fair to compare him with Fofana, but we hope he recovers and put this all behind.

The more videos I watch of Disasi, the more excited I get. I think this guy will be an absolute champion here. 

Exactly the type of players we need more of. Dynamic, strong, great on the ball. He looks immense. Our backline looks great for the foreseeable future. 

Enzo in the middle. If we get Caceido... Amazing. Just need the front 3/4 sorted - and we will be great. 

Man wtf season starts this Saturday and still without Caceido our #1 target all summer. That is not good, i get it sometime negotiations could take a while but when the season is about to start and you are still missing an important piece. Should have paid that extra 10-20m or moved on.