Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

With De Zerbi being Italian, with Brighton playing great football, with them losing Mac Allister, AND with us after Caicedo I don’t get why we aren’t trying to include Casadei on loan as part of the deal. He would be absolutely perfect in that side and would develop beautifully. That way they don’t have to spend a penny on replacing Caicedo this summer.

I guess Brighton don’t want to do us any favors after Colwill?

10m-15m euros and Big Rom for a player they are desperate to get rid of due to injury problems, form and salary is extremely fair, they wont take it but fuck them walk away immediately if not, otherwise they can live with their problem - we need to stop being the club that bails out Italian teams. We can feasibly sell Lukaku to Saudi but wtf are they going to do with Vlahovic? Shopped around all summer and no one wants him, and he's way too young to think about Saudi, and he does not work at all in Allegri-ball. Maybe their only path forward if not us would be to sack Allegri (which probably they can't afford) and bring in a coach who plays some progressive football and bumps Vlahovic's value back up to the 75m range, IF he can get over injury problems and find confidence which is a big if.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Vlahovic had only 2 good seasons in his career - and they were 2 seasons ago. He has been a 20-30 mil striker over the last 2 years. Just dead set facts.

If we pay anything over 15mil on top of Lukaku, we're stupid. 

But I wouldn't get him to begin with. He really doesn't look all too flash from the eye test - and his advanced statistics say the same. No thank you. 

I haven't read yet from Ornstein/Fabrizio that we're interested in Vlahovic.

Seems very much a case of Juve pushing for the swap deal. I hope we don't sign him. 

Btw, how does FFP work when you buy a player and sell a player between a club? We can sell them Lukaku for 75m and they can sell us Vlahovic for 90m, letting us spread the damage over the length of Vlahovic's contract and avoid the FFP damage of selling Lukaku for a big loss? 

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Btw, how does FFP work when you buy a player and sell a player between a club? We can sell them Lukaku for 75m and they can sell us Vlahovic for 90m, letting us spread the damage over the length of Vlahovic's contract and avoid the FFP damage of selling Lukaku for a big loss? 

Barca and Juve are in trouble for inflating prices in the Pjanic-Arthur swap

17 hours ago, JDY said:

Keep seeing comments about how Sanchez commands his box but whenever I saw him for Brighton he was an absolute clown when facing crosses. Misjudging, flapping..

Not sure I like the transfer, especially from Brighton.

He is not in my top 15 targets

(Plus Bono as a couple year stop gap)

Top 15 in order of my preference 

Oblak

Mamardashvili 

Diogo Costa 

Mike Maignan

Anatoliy Trubin

Gregor Kobel

Matvey Safonov

Odysseas Vlachodimos

Dominik Livakovic

Alex Meret

Marco Carnesecchi (sleeper)

Lucas Chevalier (sleeper)

Alban Lafont

Predrag Rajkovic

Guillaume Restes (18yo)

39 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Leicester want Casadei, new request has been made. 

PL loan is what Chelsea want but Maresca is key to the deal

I actually think playing in a (likely) dominant team will be better preparation for eventually making it here, even if it's a tier below.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Wtf

Helllllll NO TO ALL but Caicedo and Lavia (of course)

Is Edson Alvarez really a "hell no"? His stats are incredible, beating Declan Rice in almost everything. Stats can be deceptive of course but surprised he would be a "hell no"...

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Is Edson Alvarez really a "hell no"? His stats are incredible, beating Declan Rice in almost everything. Stats can be deceptive of course but surprised he would be a "hell no"...

I would say he is a „meh ok“ rather than a „hell no“ but he will divide opinions here for sure. Can see him dominating some games and absolutely getting hammered in others . What could be a pro is that he is Spanish speaking like Enzo 

Sanchez, Disasi, Caicedo, Alvarez and one more attacking option(Kudus/Vlahovic/Olise) - IN

Lukaku, Ziyech, CHO, Sarr, Chalobah and Broja(depending on incoming striker) - OUT

Loans for Slonina, Humphries, Hall, Chuku, new french DM, Casadei and Angelo. 

This will complete a whole new squad in a matter of 14 months. Only players who were part of the 21-22 season will be Kepa, James, Chilly and Silva. Completely crazy 😮