Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

So in an ideal world remaining business would probably be GK, DM and RW/CAM?

Kepa/?

Reese/Gusto - Disasi/Thiago - Colwill/Badiashille - Chilwell/Cucu

? - Enzo

Madueke/? - Nkunku/Gallagher - Mudryk/Sterling

Jackson

+ Santos, Hall, Maatsen, Broja, Casedei, Angelo all in consideration for who stays and who loans? If they all stayed that would give us 25 players, which is the very upper end of what Poch wants. This is what Poch was eluding to in terms of tough choices as all of them have a solid case to stay. Personally I'd probably keep Santos, Maatsen and Broja. Keep Angelo only if we're not buying a RW/CAM. That would give us a squad size of 22 which I think is what Poch is angling for - but a far cry from what we're used to!

GK Kepa/new GK/bettinelli

RB : RJ/Gusto

RCB : Axel/Silva

LCB : Colwill/badiashile

LB : Chilwell/hall

Pivot CM: Enzo, new CM, santos, Gallagher

CAM : nkunku, Carney

Wingers : madueke, maatsen, mudryk, sterling

ST : Jackson, broja

Thats would be 23 with a lot of versatility. Don't understand the links to CAM/RW given that this list does not even include the likes of Angelo.

Also, we will be having a 40/45 game season with most of the weeks just 1 game a week. 

9 minutes ago, enzoforever said:

GK Kepa/new GK/bettinelli

RB : RJ/Gusto

RCB : Axel/Silva

LCB : Colwill/badiashile

LB : Chilwell/hall

Pivot CM: Enzo, new CM, santos, Gallagher

CAM : nkunku, Carney

Wingers : madueke, maatsen, mudryk, sterling

ST : Jackson, broja

Thats would be 23 with a lot of versatility. Don't understand the links to CAM/RW given that this list does not even include the likes of Angelo.

Also, we will be having a 40/45 game season with most of the weeks just 1 game a week. 

So in your world you've disappeared Cucu? What's the plan? He is almost unsellable, and Poch has used him a lot in preseason. Think it is obvious he is staying?

41 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

So in an ideal world remaining business would probably be GK, DM and RW/CAM?

Kepa/?

Reese/Gusto - Disasi/Thiago - Colwill/Badiashille - Chilwell/Cucu

? - Enzo

Madueke/? - Nkunku/Gallagher - Mudryk/Sterling

Jackson

+ Santos, Hall, Maatsen, Broja, Casedei, Angelo all in consideration for who stays and who loans? If they all stayed that would give us 25 players, which is the very upper end of what Poch wants. This is what Poch was eluding to in terms of tough choices as all of them have a solid case to stay. Personally I'd probably keep Santos, Maatsen and Broja. Keep Angelo only if we're not buying a RW/CAM. That would give us a squad size of 22 which I think is what Poch is angling for - but a far cry from what we're used to!

22 is ideal to manage egos, keep everyone on their toes in a season without European games. 

21 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

So in your world you've disappeared Cucu? What's the plan? He is almost unsellable, and Poch has used him a lot in preseason. Think it is obvious he is staying?

If we are unable to sell Cucu, then replace Hall with him. I think we can easily take huge financial losses on him giving the sales we have made for this financial year. He is an absolute terrible footballer who should be no where near.

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Kinda feel for that guy 😔 He tried his best

Who's gonna pay 45m for him? From current crop I consider Chalobah, Cucurella and Sterling our weakest links. So one off, other two should not see much game time. 

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

😭😭

What a joke this guy is. How Juventus fans gonna react to this? 

This Robert Sanchez thing still doesn’t make much sense to me. From our side or his, really. Deemed not good enough anymore for Brighton but is good enough to push Kepa? And why would he want to jump to our bench from theirs? Basically just hoping that Kepa fucks up and if he doesn’t and performs well, Sanchez will be sat on the bench for months.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This Robert Sanchez thing still doesn’t make much sense to me.

And why would he want to jump to our bench from theirs? 

Money and a belief he could win the no.1 spot I guess. I'm hoping it is just talk though. Got to be better options.

The only upside of negotiating with Brighton so often is that at least we’re building a report with their owner/negotiating team. We’ll know how they operate and how to approach them. Whether it’s Boehly or Egbhali, having that relationship could give us a leg up on any future players we may be interested in.

If we’re able to smooth things out and get Caicedo it wouldn’t shock me at all if we use this business relationship to go in for Mitoma within the next year or two.

20 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I don’t know what the clubs fascination with players from Brighton. If we get Caicedo still we should never look to do business with these cunts ever again, same as if we don’t get him

As long as they keep buying players better than the players we have, we'll be back. We have to beat them at their own game. On the flip side, if you are signing a contract with Brighton, based on their current behaviour you just know you got to force a release clause in there - otherwise they can and will fuck over your career.

They are in a difficult and very dangerous spot now because they are trying to transition from being the stepping stone club that know what they are about to being a club that throws its weight around at the big boys table and keeps their good players, but for that to work they have to actually hold it down, and push into top 4. Spurs managed it for a long time by forcing the like of Kane into staying and they could set themselves up for a similar run, or it could just all implode and they destroy everything they've built. Unlike Spurs they don't have a generational goal scorer carrying them so I am betting on the latter.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ll know how they operate and how to approach them. Whether it’s Boehly or Egbhali, having that relationship could give us a leg up on any future players we may be interested in.

But we are constantly interested in everything they own and will soon proceed to buy training equipment from them, yet we are getting shafted and price gouged on everything, so it doesn't go very well I guess. We built the mutual knowledge and the effect is that they know they can squeeze anything they want from us.

Edited by Vegetable