Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Same reason Nkunku did, same reason Szoboszlai joined Liverpool—our current positions are temporary. Also, as the former mentioned in a recent interview, our project is appealing (just look at the post above).

Barella is seemingly earning around £155kpw. Going up to £200kpw with bonuses attached isn't something I'd deem extreme, all things considered.

e9764fa63f654ec1466ac62bb68468c8.png

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He was the top end percentile for pretty much every relevant metric.

Under Potter/Bruno he averaged 11 succesful switch/long passes per game which is prime Pirlo level good.

He's got really good technique esp passing ability... there is no question there. His defensive numbers are on the weak side, as one can perceive while watching him play. Not great aerial duels, but that comes from his height. Perhaps defending isn't really his thing, which is why we are looking for a more defensive player to play alongside him. Thought he had a few poor games toward the end of the season, but that can be attributed to a number of different things.

Numbers are funny though... for example take 21/22 season stats for ex:
Kevin De Bruyne: 15 goals, 8 assist
Mason Mount: 11 goals, 10 assist
If you read the posts on mount here today and you'd question whether he's a professional footballer much less a millionaire. 😅

I still expect Enzo to give us a competitive advantage, but that still has to happen. We need to enable him, put him in a position so that he can do just that. Don't think this is going to be that season, I'm afraid, but let's see.

28 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Numbers are funny though... for example take 21/22 season stats for ex:
Kevin De Bruyne: 15 goals, 8 assist
Mason Mount: 11 goals, 10 assist
If you read the posts on mount here today and you'd question whether he's a professional footballer much less a millionaire. 😅

@robsblubot Think it's important to understand whether those goals/assists were against decent opposition or just stat padding. 

In Mount's case, he got 7 or 8 of those goals against Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Everton...

Feel like our attack will be better off without Mount.

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

@robsblubot Think it's important to understand whether those goals/assists were against decent opposition or just stat padding. 

In Mount's case, he got 7 or 8 of those goals against Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Everton...

Feel like our attack will be better off without Mount.

Fair enough... still I know what I saw in that CL run. 🤷‍♂️ Highest level there is.

Heh we've replaced players who delivered before with players who are largely unknowns. I'm even beginning to suspect that Sterling is the Oscar case, not Mount--player who's run into the ground playing years in a demanding role.

My money is on a stuttering attack, and team, but let's see. I'd be pleasantly surprised with a mere fight for top4 this season.

20 minutes ago, DDA said:

Watching Caicedo now vs Newcastle. He is just pure class the lad. 

Yeah, from what I’m reading on Twitter he’s looking very good already in his first start back. 

We HAVE to try one last almighty push to convince Brighton within the next few days. One last massive offer. This is a signing that totally elevates our team.

He looks asif he isn't even trying. A little annoyed to be there almost... is he normally like that on the pitch, I mean is that his style or is he genuinely annoyed?

Mitoma will 100% be the next Brighton player all the big clubs will be after next summer. And if Brighton have another great season De Zerbi will probably get a job at a massive club as well. 

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Hope you are right. What was shocking, galling was that there was no urgency to remedy the situation, Lampard, Potter just throwing petrol on the fire. Fucking clueless. Hapless fools. As people have said wouldnt have happened under the Russian. Loved his football, loved the club.

Just hope the current bunch of hedge funders, Clearlake have learned something now

That's absolutely right.

For all intents and purpose we are a different club from Roman's Chelsea. There's a lot that the new administration has to prove before everyone buys into their vision

Here's hoping they've learned a lot from last season.