Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Watching us sell a player and after buy the same player back a couple years after makes me so angry, not even the first time we do this shit. 

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Exactly. They are both roughly the same quality . Should cost roughly the same but bc the one is being sold by us he is 25m and the other is being sought after us 45m. Same thing as buying Lukaku for 100m and giving him away for 40m. if we really pull this off we will be the laughing stock of the league. Money burning machine. Thought we had turned a corner but this is the same degree of stupidity as last summer window again. 

And if Guehi is so much better than Chalobah, it will present another issue in 12 months time when all 4 CBs are fit and want to start. 

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In Caicedo’s case we clearly rate him extremely highly. Feels a lot like the Enzo pursuit in that we’re totally determined to get him and only him. So if that’s the case why scared of a big fee when just months ago we “paid whatever it took” for Enzo? 

Enzo was bought to build a team around, Caicedo is one of the pawns, big difference on how they see the 2 players.

48 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In Caicedo’s case we clearly rate him extremely highly. Feels a lot like the Enzo pursuit in that we’re totally determined to get him and only him. So if that’s the case why scared of a big fee when just months ago we “paid whatever it took” for Enzo? 

Because controller type players of Enzo's level and skillset are usually reserved for Real Madrid, Barcelona or a team managed by Pep.

The last player of his (tempo controlling) level in that area of the pitch willing to come to us was Modric and even he we'd have probably lost to the former eventually.

59 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We rate him so highly he was our 2nd pick behind Ugarte 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It's hilarious that both our fans and rivals act like it's only a thing exclusive to us (which doesn't even happen as often as people make out anyway). It's reasonably common amongst Europe's biggest clubs.

Anyway even so, this is a different situation to a norm as there's not a single person involved in the decision to sell him that will also be involved in the decision to buy him back (if it happens).

We keep doing it, though, and pick and choose when to insert a buy-back clause, which would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Any player under 21-22 who has played for us should have one inserted. I'm almost certain Gilmour will look like the answer to our problems twelve months from now (if we continue to twiddle our thumbs for a MF).

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We keep doing it, though, and pick and choose when to insert a buy-back clause, which would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Any player under 21-22 who has played for us should have one inserted. I'm almost certain Gilmour will look like the answer to our problems twelve months from now (if we continue to twiddle our thumbs for a MF).

I'm not sure about Gilmour, he's good when on form but I can't ever remember seeing such a huge disparity between a players best or worst, when he's bad he's bad. 

I wouldn't say we keep doing it either, unless I've missed someone it's basically been Lukaku, Matic and an attempt an Ake * (two of which a buyback would have been rendered obsolete anyway as they moved on again atleast once in the interim). No different to say Barcelona having Pique, Alba and Cesc in their team.

*ofcourse there's Drogba and Luiz aswell but I get the impression this topic is about players we let go as youngsters.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not sure about Gilmour, he's good when on form but I can't ever remember seeing such a huge disparity between a players best or worst, when he's bad he's bad. 

I wouldn't say we keep doing it either, unless I've missed someone it's basically been Lukaku, Matic and an attempt an Ake * (two of which a buyback would have been rendered obsolete anyway as they moved on again atleast once in the interim). No different to say Barcelona having Pique, Alba and Cesc in their team.

*ofcourse there's Drogba and Luiz aswell but I get the impression this topic is about players we let go as youngsters.

I was thinking more recently, but if we're going back, here are three glaring omissions: Salah, De Bruyne, and Tomori.

It's neither here nor there whether a player would want to come back. We should just be covering ourselves, even if we potentially lose some money in the process of doing so.