Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Apparently those on the verge or wanting moves away/unhappy are training with a separate group

To be fair to management/ownership - this is how you run a club. Get rid of the bad influences - and build a culture where those who want to be here are here and those who work hard are rewarded. I truly see that as the goal/direction the club is trying to go. 

Get the bad eggs out and revamp the way success is measured. I really see the club trying to build a more sustainable success model in the same vein as Barca and Man City.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Gutted to see Pulisic go, a family friend, but it's right for both parties- wishing him well in Milan, a top bloke with a wonderful family 😪

he never should have been at our club

horrid buy, as I predicted from the beginning

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think if we are sitting down with a note pad and putting names down, we would be there some time

On 27/07/2020 at 04:14, Vesper said:

it obviously is NOT important in the scheme of things, but just irritates me further about a very bläääääääääää player

if he has not been at Barca, he would be priced at a third of that Getafe are demanding

they themselves only paid £9m for hm, and THAT figure was inflated because it was Barca selling

I do not like him as a player at all

I do not rate him, and I cannot take yet another shit fullback buy in the £20m to £30m range

it is just insane we keep doing this

here is a history of shit fullback buys

9 starting with del Horno

lets not go for a the La Decima with Cucurella

3 years ago

I warned

Poch is going to be speaking for the first time in about 15 minutes. Maybe he’ll mention what areas he’s looking to strengthen in. Give us a bit of encouragement.

11 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

you also wanted Pepe or Malcom instead of him 😂

those were only a couple of the names I listed as potential options at winger

Pepe went for far too much money anyway

Malcom at least produces goals (granted in a lower league)

3dea5a6be4638a9a56f0520819fd46e4.png

top scorer in the 2022–23 Russian Premier League

35 total goals produced in only 2729 minutes, all comps

32 total produced in only 2349 minutes in the league

Edited by Vesper

Just now, Special Juan said:

What about the other 70 billion players? I'd be very interested to read those if you could link them to me

I do comprehensive target lists AND I deffo say the ones I prefer

of course there are going to be a lot of names, as I am looking at the entire market, including posting on youth

I often post in-depth analyses of the players too

I have put myself out here for years

I have a decent track record, especially when it comes to predicting busts before we buy

I just posted a 3 year old post on CuCu saying no thanks, do not want

I can go find newer CuCu posts as well, saying nope, do not buy

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I still cannot believe we dumped £118m on CuCu

🤬

You and I both City's interest in him just made matters worse, and Boehly was willing to throw silly money around due to the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

those were only a couple of the names I listed as potential options at winger

Pepe went for far too much money anyway

Malcom at least produces goals (granted in a lower league)

3dea5a6be4638a9a56f0520819fd46e4.png

top scorer in the 2022–23 Russian Premier League

35 total goals produced in only 2729 minutes, all comps

32 total produced in only 2349 minutes in the league

I am curious wether some big club will consider taking Malcom. Amazing numbers this season but quite out of pattern.  This season he scored more than in his previous entire carreer. Like Joao Mario.. Sucked for Inter and West Ham aswell, this season he somehow managed to score 23.. Maybe they consumed some Michu/Amr Zaki one-season-wonder drug. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I'll say it 15th time probably, but of what I remember even at the time it wasn't much of a secret he wasn't really being bought to kill it on the pitch. He was at most squad player but much like a PR person in the first place.

He had some nice games, but first of all made us a name in US, well-spoken and with good ethics was influencing our image quite positively. Shame he fell off the cliff here, not a first one and not the last one to do so, but still I think we profited quite a bit from his stint here, so no harsh feelings for the guy.

Here is my two cents. Boehly has effed this club beyond repair. In one year he undid 20 years of Romans hard work. We are being sold a dream of being CL winners in 5 years when all our 18yr olds become 23, but the fact of the matter is that our team has no experience and will not get far enough into cups to gain that experience. 

Our model before was fine, we bought kante for 30m and could've sold him for 100m after the CL win if the leadership weren't so sentimental. Tbf we didn't have that much experience in the team at that time and keeping him as an example of what you can achieve here wasn't the worst idea. But even Costa was sold for a good price after his tantrum, morata was somehow sold for profit, Courtois pure profit. Even De bruyne and Salah made a profit. We always made more through sales that we ever bought since FFP came into play.

Now we are hemorrhaging money and don't even have a loan army to sell to make up for it. Even if we did, all but 10-20 clubs in the world are cash strapped atm and aren't willing to finance our stupid transfer maneuvers. I predict all of the old guard, especially Mount and Havertz, are going to excel in teams with competent leadership, or at least just a good manager in Utds case. Even koulibaly is going to be world class in a weaker league just to drive home the point of how bad our buys have been. Boehly basically did the same thing that Elon Musk did with Twitter. Came in. Acted like the shit. Fucked it beyond repair.

My transfer strategy:

Hogtie Donkeyaku and Ziyeshit and drop them from a helicopter into Riyadh.

Sell the fuckers who have no future ( Sarr, CHO, Ampadu etc) and the overpriced backups (CU fucking CU)

Make way for the players who have a future. Maatsen isn't going to stay if he is behind Chilly, CUCU and Hall even though he has potential to be our best left back since Ashley. We should've treated last year as a throwaway like when lampard came in the first time to a transfer ban. Blood in the youth and don't make stupid buys. Boehly, however, somehow managed to pull off a masterclass of spending 500m with only one POTENTIALLY WC player in Enzo. All the rest are garbage.

I know this board is one huge sinusoid, but it's not like Cucu was "made to be bad" by people. I could agree something like that being said about many of our players, but Cucu was actually horrid defensively and offensively, absolutely headless and blind to unmarked players, very expensive and to add insult to injury, actually worse than supposedly horrible Alonso he was supposed to replace. And personally I don't have much hope for him to suddenly impress here - he didn't under Tuchel, who wanted him and he didn't under Potter nor Lamps. I don't remember any single game of him being actually impressive, hardly remember any where he was decent, so not really seeing a reason to play it down now.