Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Have a sneaking suspicion that the club will announce a new signing timed shortly after Mount is announced as departing. Get the fans that are upset about that move feeling better straight away.

Surely Caicedo happens this week.

That wonder kid Arda Guler is going to Real Madrid now rather than Barca as had been reported in recent days.

He looks like an unreal talent and definitely seemed destined for one of the Spanish giants, but I’m getting Odegaard vibes from this move. Feels like too big of a step too early and he’d have benefited from going to a club at a slightly lower level. I can see him at a PL side in a couple of years after he doesn’t get the playing time he had hoped. 

23 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I am super not into Lautaro. Would rather wait for Toney in Jan honestly. 

I'm not particularly excited about any striker, but Lautaro seems to be the one with the best track record and coming off a good season.

Under normal conditions, I'd want Oshimen but it's a lot of money so it doesn't make sense. 

With a season without champions league, we can't spend that much money.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Dont you want Caicedo here?

For 85 million? Not my money, but it tames my enthusiasm quite a bit.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Should we sell colwill then? Because he was excellent at Brighton 

Why should we? Can't shake the feeling we are paying the usual Chelsea premium, even if there is no other firm bid and, if you think about, we are probably the best thing that happened to Brighton lately, completely out of the blue. Starting with outlandish Cucurella fee, the Potter circus, deals that were rumored but luckily fell apart… the amount of cash we are pumping there is crazy, yet they won't miss a chance to rip us even more. Let alone Boehly making this team our role model in the beginning of his reign for whatever reason.

Wonder what we’re gonna do with Ian Maatsen. He’s really, really promising and PL ready after that impressive spell with Burnley. But the pathway at LB is completely blocked and we already have a headache with Chilly, Cucu, and Hall in his way.

He 100% has the look of a youth product we’d regret selling a couple years from now so I’m thinking the best thing to do is to loan him to another PL team (back to Burnley preferably) and then sell Cucu next summer if he doesn’t dramatically improve this season.

So did Zyiech move to Saudi League fell completely? Failing a medical there seems quite an achievement, so do we have a ticking bomb on our hands or did they decided to back up this way?

10 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Mason Mount goodbye video gives me kidnapping vibes - that’s so crazy lol

This is so absurd. You deserve more than written goodbye, so I'll invest 180 seconds of my precious time to dump this shitty phone video, where I read muddy statement my PR people wrote, that contains zero actual essence and comes down to "I'm leaving because I decided to do so" vibe. Completely unneeded imo, but sums up the matter pretty well.

Edited by Vegetable

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what we’re gonna do with Ian Maatsen. He’s really, really promising and PL ready after that impressive spell with Burnley. But the pathway at LB is completely blocked and we already have a headache with Chilly, Cucu, and Hall in his way.

He 100% has the look of a youth product we’d regret selling a couple years from now so I’m thinking the best thing to do is to loan him to another PL team (back to Burnley preferably) and then sell Cucu next summer if he doesn’t dramatically improve this season.

I still get the feeling that Hall's future is in midfield with the ability to play LB as required...

Best case for Maatsen may be some sort of a sale with buy back option.  (Similar to what City had for Lavia, let the kid develop elsewhere and if the opportunity arises in the next 2 years, we can still bring back Maatsen at a reasonable enough price). 

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty sure he only has a year left on his deal so he'd need to sign a new contract first before a potential loan move.

Doubt Hall is a serious player tbh, wishful thinking that he might be imo but let’s see, personally I’m expecting this season he will show enough to get a transfer and then we will cash in for 10m or whatever and put in the usual clauses about buy backs and sell on %s.

Would ideally like us just to find a way out of the Cucu situation and have Ian fight Chilly for the spot. But I’ve no idea wtf route there is to deal with Cucu. Shameful signing.