Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In my opinion, we should avoid ever paying huge money for a striker or keeper again unless they’re coming from another PL club and have been killing it there for a number of years. We can’t afford another embarrassing, mega money bust in these positions.

… Or, like, get the scouting department adequate to level of this club.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We should never engage with Napoli again unless one of their players has a release clause. Reports suggest that De Laurentiis will demand like £150m for Osimhen so we can forget about that.

In my opinion, we should avoid ever paying huge money for a striker or keeper again unless they’re coming from another PL club and have been killing it there for a number of years. We can’t afford another embarrassing, mega money bust in these positions.

Agreed. I hope we spend <£50m for most of our future signings tbh. Couple more expensive ones now if needed while we get some fundamental gaps sorted, and then it is time for our massive, expensive scouting / data team to deliver for us in the same way we've seen several other clubs manage. Healthy use of our sister clubs (Strasbourg + Portuguese team?) to buy up a bunch of promising <£20m players and develop our youth and Chelsea FC regularly buying <£50m players, and a team that is being constantly built and developed so that we never end up with a stagnant group of 33 year olds and another big bang rebuild job.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We should never engage with Napoli again unless one of their players has a release clause. Reports suggest that De Laurentiis will demand like £150m for Osimhen so we can forget about that.

I might get blasted for this - but - I don't think he is as good as advertised... 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

I might get blasted for this - but - I don't think he is as good as advertised... 

I and a few others here agree. Osimhen is a great finisher within the box and is a powerful, classic #9 that would do well in the PL. But he’s not a £100m+ player for me. Not even close. He’s average with the ball at his feet and doesn’t offer enough besides goal scoring to be worth mega money.

For a striker to be worth that sort of money they need a world class all around game like Kane or Benzema. And if they don’t they need to have alien like production every season like Haaland. Osimhen is no Haaland.

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

I know there seems to be a lot of posturing on the Mount deal from different camps, etc but for some reason, I have a gut feeling that if a move to United did break down and he stayed here, that any issues would be resolved between him and the club and a new contract would be signed during next season.

I think the two big things within this are (1) it's been widely reported Poch would prefer to keep him, so if he did stay he's going to be utilised, and (2) from Mount's perspective he'll want a strong season before the Euros as it's no longer just a starting place for him now, if he has a similar season to the one just gone, he'll be doing well to make the Euros squad at all. He's not in a position to just be able to coast.

There's been similar situations of players seemingly on the brink of leaving before only for the situation to be turned around. I can remember Gerrard back in 2005 being essentially a done deal and being discussed in the media, etc as such and then suddenly a couple of days later the goalposts have shifted. That's why I think the club are more prepared to push a hard line with this deal, because I think there's a confidence there that something could be recovered if we went into next season with him in the squad.

Rumours on the street was that he had planned to go but the gangsters he hangs around with pressed him to stay as they liked having access to Liverpool players and prime seats. 

Gerrard is well known for having dodgy mates, it is well known in the press if you know where to look. 

This is one article I remember from the time but there have been lots of others. I think his daughter is currently or recently was dating a known gangster. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560616/Soccer-star-gangsters-Steven-Gerrard-murky-depths-Liverpools-underworld.html

Since the beginnig of this season that seems he don't want to be here 

I didn't see anything that justified its purchase and it was quite lacking, apart from one game or another.

He showed some good moments but overall the hiring was a failure

Im happy that he won't be with us anymore

good luck in arabia

Just now, chelsea_4_eva said:

Regarding Kova, I feel in the past year his head was not here anymore. Always injured every other match week but no injury during the world cup?

as pulisic, werner, havertz and mout, he is good enough for a team to challegne for top4 but no way or for a team that fights for a title 

good player but his departure don't worry me