Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Osimhen is going nowhere with De Laurentiis in charge. His only possible way out any time soon is when Mbappe leaves PSG for Madrid next summer and PSG need to make a flashy new signing to appease their supporters. They’ll be the only ones insane enough to pay Napoli’s silly asking price.

I like Osimhen but don’t think he’s in that prime Kane/Benzema/Haaland/Lewandowski level of super elite #9’s. Great finisher and front man but not a fantastic all around footballer. And for £100m or more you want someone who offers you everything.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Newcastle is incredibly well run club. They are so smart on transfers going for exactly what they need. Last summer also. 

True, but I have them pinned already as the club that takes a big step back from last season. I don’t think they’ll be near the top 4 come the end. They had so many bang average players who have been shit for years suddenly playing out of their skin at the same time. I don’t see Almiron, Joelinton, and the rest of them playing to a superhuman level again.

‘Increased expectations, pressure, and the huge fixture list with UCL football will knock them back a level. Still a top 8 side but not top 4.

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Newcastle is incredibly well run club. They are so smart on transfers going for exactly what they need. Last summer also. 

Fraser, Hayden, and Longstaff...........................to Tonali, Joelinton, and Guimarães

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True, but I have them pinned already as the club that takes a big step back from last season. I don’t think they’ll be near the top 4 come the end. They had so many bang average players who have been shit for years suddenly playing out of their skin at the same time. I don’t see Almiron, Joelinton, and the rest of them playing to a superhuman level again.

‘Increased expectations, pressure, and the huge fixture list with UCL football will knock them back a level. Still a top 8 side but not top 4.

Their 2 best attacking players Isaak and SM have been injured a lot this past season. They had best defense. But struggling more in attack. With these two back regularly and 3,4 great buys they could become real force. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Their 2 best attacking players Isaak and SM have been injured a lot this past season. They had best defense. But struggling more in attack. With these two back regularly and 3,4 great buys they could become real force. 

Maybe, but I don’t see it. I think they massively overperformed and will come back down to earth. They’ll eventually spend their way to being a consistent top 4 threat but I still think it’s too early.

6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

the fact that some of these players are willing to join rival teams in premier league, it shows their true character, nvm the money we bring in, it just shows there is 0 loyalty in football nowadays and i would be lying if i said i wish them luck at their new clubs. to think its pratically the same lot that won the CL in 2021, they can fuck off for all i care, especially after the shitshow last season, gutless wankers. i hope they get booed to oblivion at the Bridge @Fulham Broadway

I'd say it's generally true, but quite the unusual circumstance is that it's not that much about the money or players loving Artreta/Man U, but the top priority in those moves is players wanting out of toxic dumpster fire we are as a club since years, with doubtful views on improvement. Maybe they just don't believe in Boehly's vision or his ability to materialize it, esp now after the catastrophe of a season and round two in form of appointing Poch and current transfer targets and I can see where they are coming from.

Plus, they are actually being pushed out of the club (except maybe Mount), so can we really expect loyalty from them in this situation? They are mostly looking for cashing-in on retirement anyway.

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Arteta is either a moron or a genius. 

He will score them an odd goal here and there as he did for us, maybe Carobao Shield decider and they will ship him to Bayern for 75 in three years, so why not

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We need to decide which team to support in Saudi next season lol

That league is going to be interesting. Definitely every country will buy TV rights. In Europe you already know City, Bayern, PSG will win titles. 

Saudi Pro League 22/23 | Transfermarkt

c64380463ac1d1652333a7857ad6065f.pngf8f7ae61277ac068a1e92ddca986773e.png5ed58f835e60313252aa2ab58f457d7c.png

455f6c353d4b7d20cd5c73d0878b7d5b.png235752e273f2400d4188c123b84290e8.png

Al-Ettifaq seek to unite Liverpool legends Gerrard and Mane in Saudi Arabia

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/al-ettifaq-seek-to-unite-liverpool-legends-gerrard-and-mane-in-saudi-arabia-2023061222393755841

Al-Ettifaq FC, 4k, Saudi Football Club, creative logo, geometric art, emblem, Saudi Arabia, football, Saudi Professional League, Al-Ettifaq, green abstract background, FC Al-Ettifaq

Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane is reportedly of interest to the PIF who want to bring him to Saudi Arabia.

As Pulse Sports reported earlier, Saudi Arabia-based side Al-Ettifaq are close to agreeing on a deal for Liverpool legend Stephen Gerrard to become their manager.  

They are now said to be after another former Liverpool star, Bayern Munich's Sadio Mane. 

Al-Ettifaq seek to unite Liverpool legends Gerrard and Mane in Saudi Arabia

The Senegal international only recently joined the Bundesliga champions last summer, but injury, among other factors, has seen him fail to hit the ground running. 

Mane in Ettifaq's radar 

According to a report by GFFN, PIF, which have acquired a number of Saudi clubs, have taken an interest in Mane as they continue to raid European leagues for top talent. 

According to the report, the idea is to place him in the SPL side Al-Ettifaq. However, if the prospects of the club are unalluring to him, he will be allowed to pick any other club in the country. 

Bayern Munich are reportedly ready to cut their losses on the Senegalese and have put him on the transfer market.

He has allegedly been offered to a number of teams across Europe, but no team has indicated significant interest. 

Meanwhile, Lionel Messi was delayed at the Beijing airport after he was alleged to have used the wrong passport on his arrival in China. Argentina are set to take on Australia in a friendly in Taiwan during the international break.

Legality and ethics aside, as we will probably hear about this sooner than later, it looks like Saudis decided to fire up their own, bootleg version of Superleague, with known names but no club trademarks a'la Pro Evo Soccer 😂

10 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I remember @Vesper saying would be nearly impossible to get rid of KK because of his wages, I bet she's wetter than an otters pocket today.

the Saudi multi-billion splurge was a pleasant exogenous shock

I just hope they do not disrupt the retention of prime WC players in UEFA