Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

If David does move on from Lille this summer at or near the reported €65 million fee being quoted, the downside would be that while it’s unlikely for him to be a complete bust, he may not provide added value on his deal which was also the case with Lacazette at Arsenal (although David would be nearly two and a half years younger than Lacazette was when he made his move).

I'm happy that we're not going after David, he's a good player no doubt but I don't see him being able to lead the line by himself.    His transfer would be similar to someone like Havertz, may be more suited to that second striker type role rather than being a traditional center forward type. 

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

68m pounds total fee this report says

Don’t see that working out for them when they have öde who is more agile and clinical 

also 68 total fee is not enough. Could see us entertaining 68m plus add ons. 

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

Shame to see 0 loyalty from our champions league winners. 🐍 

I can at least somewhat understand from Mount’s perspective. He had a horrible season and was out of the picture as a key player compared to seasons past. He was highly unlikely to start at Chelsea this coming season. A fresh start elsewhere so he can become that again makes sense.

But Havertz being seemingly SUPER keen and excited to jump to arguably our most despised London rival is gross. 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Shame to see 0 loyalty from our champions league winners. 🐍 

What do you expect when the club is so quick to sell them? Wanting to sell almost all our old and champion league winners sends a bad message to the players who are still here. Who will be next? Why dont i find a club to move on to before i am the next victim. The club could have assured Havertz and co and told potential suitors they were not for sale.. hands off. I dont think they feel appreciated by the club any more and so want to move on. Theres a difference between getting rid of deadwood like Babayako, Baba Rahman, etc and wanting to sell players like Jorghino or Cucurella and Koulibaly who just joined the club a year ago and will probably adjust and play better this season.

Just now, Pizy said:

I can at least somewhat understand from Mount’s perspective. He had a horrible season and was out of the picture as a key player compared to seasons past. He was highly unlikely to start at Chelsea this coming season. A fresh start elsewhere so he can become that again makes sense.

But Havertz being seemingly SUPER keen and excited to jump to arguably our most despised London rival is gross. 

He probably likes London, is settled and wants to continue staying in London. There only other club he could join In London is Arsenal, like Cech, Willian, Luiz etc. Hes not going to want to join Spurs or Crystal Palace!!!!

11 minutes ago, didi007 said:

What do you expect when the club is so quick to sell them? Wanting to sell almost all our old and champion league winners sends a bad message to the players who are still here. Who will be next? Why dont i find a club to move on to before i am the next victim. The club could have assured Havertz and co and told potential suitors they were not for sale.. hands off. I dont think they feel appreciated by the club any more and so want to move on. Theres a difference between getting rid of deadwood like Babayako, Baba Rahman, etc and wanting to sell players like Jorghino or Cucurella and Koulibaly who just joined the club a year ago and will probably adjust and play better this season.

They refuse to sign extensions so there is no choice but to sell 

11 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Its only with Mount. And he wasnt happy with the terms. Who really knows what the terms where>

I think kovacic was offered too but could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Not me pal. I can't wait to see the back of Havertz. Ziyech. Gallagher. KK. Kova and even Mount although with Mount, I can see that one coming back to haunt us. 

I was watching that doughnut Dean Jones talking on The Football Terrance slating us for selling all of our identity off by selling these players... absolute clown failed to mentioned these players have held the identity of us finishing 12th with their incompetence and have way out stayed their welcome.

I don't think Mount's transfer will come back to haunt us.   If he was going to Arsenal/Liverpool, I'd be way more worried.

Would be a positive sign from the club if we can get the Mount deal concluded asap rather than watch him walk on a free like Christensen. 

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't think Mount's transfer will come back to haunt us.   If he was going to Arsenal/Liverpool, I'd be way more worried.

Would be a positive sign from the club if we can get the Mount deal concluded asap rather than watch him walk on a free like Christensen. 

I have a feeling you are wrongfully discrediting United and what they could become under Ten Haag.