Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, robsblubot said:

City won the league countless times without even employing a dedicated #9. They defend with freaking Ake and Stones! A team scores and a team defends. We can't score because we simply aren't very good and have not been very good for some time. Even smaller teams manage to outplay us because we are slow and pedantic pedestrian on the ball.

We play like shit... we have players who look completely clueless on the ball, like Mudryk. Players who are constantly injured. New signings who are clearly raw and their decisions showcase that. What would a striker possibly do in those conditions? win a point here and here? that's not what we need.

Defenders defend and attackers attack sounds so passe. I'm supposed to be the old one here. 😅

They have a structure in place, a style of play, and players that are levels above ours in most positions. The two aren't comparable in the slightest.

Our performances and our attackers are two different things. Are you aware you play awful but still win?

Two years ago we were in a CL final, so please drop the "some time" line. We haven't been able to score with regularity for "some time", though. My comment about needing players with end product is only part of the issue (a big one, IMO), but I'm fully aware we have issues all over the pitch, which obviously has an affect on the collective.

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

They will move for Håland, either now, or more likely, next summer.

I thought the reason they didn't move for him last summer was due to Endrick. I'm aware Haaland currently has some clause in his contract, but RM seemed adamant on allowing the former a clear path once he's able to join.

On 07/06/2023 at 10:12, Special Juan said:

There isn't a better time for Kante to go

not true IMHO

We could have still gotten £60 to £80m for him right after the CL win.

We still would have won the UEFA Super Cup (he only played half the game, and did not play all that great) and FIFA World Club Championship (he also did not play that well at time, the Palmeiras MF dominated us at times, freanted not the full game of course) without him, of that I am convinced. We would have likely had Tchou as our DMF, because the people who blocked the Tchou buy (idiots, he would have only cost 35m to 40m then, Monaco needed money post COVID Ligue 1 financial woes) were the same who refused to sell Kante. If the decision to sell Kante was made, then I fully believe the board would have also valued Tchou and bought him, the two are linked in terms of mindset of the board powers that be who scuttled both from happening. The next two seasons, Kante was constantly injured.

6637ff46e09bbfd6107be2e878d5408a.png

add109df3370582d83170607d0f2f627.png

ef3e9fecc6b448218a2c04d8c93a49e2.png

6ef67605c25c4ffb629de7abd9c21b33.png

1870105ed62971a05b20155d0a7fa096.png

535e6fb8083c6619083fa30fd26758ce.png

c313d7b21d55d912d2a8402ba3dd36ec.png

0c6ed797bbbdbb4a49486aa7aba69a7b.png5d7e7599148c7354dee50d878b51e7d8.png

effbe0934b4aa4b3e78cf04c56347877.png

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I thought the reason they didn't move for him last summer was due to Endrick. I'm aware Haaland currently has some clause in his contract, but RM seemed adamant on allowing the former a clear path once he's able to join.

I do not see Endrick as a CF

he is only 1.73m (and I think that is stretch job), so only an inch taller than Pessi

too short, no real presence in the air and may well have issues with hold-up play as well on high long passes forward

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

They have a structure in place, a style of play, and players that are levels above ours in most positions. The two aren't comparable in the slightest.

Our performances and our attackers are two different things. Are you aware you play awful but still win?

Two years ago we were in a CL final, so please drop the "some time" line. We haven't been able to score with regularity for "some time", though. My comment about needing players with end product is only part of the issue (a big one, IMO), but I'm fully aware we have issues all over the pitch, which obviously has an affect on the collective.

2 years ago == "some time ago" 🤷‍♂️ but I was mostly referring to last season. I very much like d the way we played under tuchel, but not everyone here did.

Yeah I disagree about the players quality: it's mostly structure, training methods, and tactics around a very collective form of playing football. Most players are interchangeable, and some are pretty mediocre in my book (can think of plenty of other player who could similar of better jobs). I can totally see folks here become really impresse by Kova in that system... like I said, I think he will fit like a glove.

I think you are mentioning this season, when Haaland is indeed a big advantage, but they won the league without him plenty--with Jesus and Sterling up front, for ex. They will need Haaland to win the CL tho, because it is different in single elim games. IMO, their only really special player has only been KDB until Haaland arrived.

29 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Where is Vini?

I have discussed that recently in the past.

I think that Real sell him (and buy Mbappe) or use him in a swap deal in which Mbappe is involved.

Vini is freaked out about the racist attacks he is being subjected to for ages in La Liga.

Mbappe does not like playing at RW or CF

when Neymar was healthy, Mbappe had to play CF or RW.

big conflict there

obviously the same problem with Mbappe and Vini on the same team

Endrick is a left footer who is also great at RW

Benz is now gone

only 3 Real level options for CF in my book are

Håland

Kane

Osimhen

Håland has dream of Real since a child

So has Mbappe (to a degree)

not sure if Real rate Osimhen

4th option (and a drop off) is Lautaro Martínez

after that, massive drop off, and I mean massive atm

also

Real need a LB badly

the best option on the planet IMHO is Nuno Mendes (Real also fancies Alphonso Davies)

do a package deal

Vini plus cash (or their LB Ferland Mendy) for Mbappe (contract expires in 2024) and Nuno 

(before they grabbed Ugarte, I suggested PSG do a swap of Mbappe plus cash for Vini and Tcho, but now PSG are likely far less interested in Tcho)

Edited by Vesper