Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

without ucl, we can not afford pay so much for him 

Hope we get ugarte + caicedo and its fine 

Can't see us getting both, with Man U and Liverpool also in the market for a midfielder

Many #Chelsea players who already have their suitcases packed to depart the club this summer could end up in Serie A.

Then we wonder   why many of current player in the team  don't care since  second game with Madrid  , the dudes already have their bags packed  😂 It's good that we won a point or two, otherwise the battle for relegation was around the corner for us

That other clubs we want to compete with are already maneuvering and making moves behind the scenes for midfielders whilst we haven’t even announced our manager yet makes me feel uneasy. If we are/were legitimately interested in Mac Allister, having a fellow Argentine as our manager may have swayed him here. Now he may already be a Liverpool player by the time we even try.

Seems as though Arse will be after not just Rice but another midfielder as well. 

This is truly the summer of the midfield rebuild for basically every top PL club. So if we aren’t quick we could end up having to get that bang average dude from Ajax. Or one of the Leicester midfielders.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That other clubs we want to compete with are already maneuvering and making moves behind the scenes for midfielders whilst we haven’t even announced our manager yet makes me feel uneasy. If we are/were legitimately interested in Mac Allister, having a fellow Argentine as our manager may have swayed him here. Now he may already be a Liverpool player by the time we even try.

Seems as though Arse will be after not just Rice but another midfielder as well. 

This is truly the summer of the midfield rebuild for basically every top PL club. So if we aren’t quick we could end up having to get that bang average dude from Ajax. Or one of the Leicester midfielders.

If you view it alternatively we've already got in earlier than everyone to get Enzo who, despite different profiles and characteristics, I think was the all round best midfielder on the market at the time we bought him and is better than all the other targets currently out there. I think if we hadn't got that done in January, we'd struggle to get him now as all the other top Prem teams would be seriously looking at him.

We also invested in the likes of Andrey Santos and Casedei who whilst aren't currently ready for the first team, do have to be factored in if they are highly rated around the club. 

You have to believe that Poch is essentially a done deal and it's up to the club when to announce him. I believe this won't be done now until after the Newcastle game next weekend. But that doesn't mean discussions haven't already taken place with Poch with regards to incomings and outgoings. It's been widely reported already that we want to target a keeper, midfielder and striker this summer. Whilst it appears most of the big teams are targeting a midfielder this summer, I do think the depth pool of deep lying midfielders is pretty good. Ironically us potentially selling Kovacic and possibly Mount and Gallagher too might well have a knock on effect with regards to opposition clubs transfer targets. For example if City buy Kova to replace Gundogan, who then moves to Arsenal, that's two rivals spots filled. Arsenal may still target another midfielder but not likely two more. 

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

united and neymar are in talks. possible loan

for all his technical gifts, its a bad idea to sign neymar. The tradeoff on pressing and aggression is way too much

10 minutes ago, Superblue said:

If you view it alternatively we've already got in earlier than everyone to get Enzo who, despite different profiles and characteristics, I think was the all round best midfielder on the market at the time we bought him and is better than all the other targets currently out there. I think if we hadn't got that done in January, we'd struggle to get him now as all the other top Prem teams would be seriously looking at him.

We also invested in the likes of Andrey Santos and Casedei who whilst aren't currently ready for the first team, do have to be factored in if they are highly rated around the club. 

You have to believe that Poch is essentially a done deal and it's up to the club when to announce him. I believe this won't be done now until after the Newcastle game next weekend. But that doesn't mean discussions haven't already taken place with Poch with regards to incomings and outgoings. It's been widely reported already that we want to target a keeper, midfielder and striker this summer. Whilst it appears most of the big teams are targeting a midfielder this summer, I do think the depth pool of deep lying midfielders is pretty good. Ironically us potentially selling Kovacic and possibly Mount and Gallagher too might well have a knock on effect with regards to opposition clubs transfer targets. For example if City buy Kova to replace Gundogan, who then moves to Arsenal, that's two rivals spots filled. Arsenal may still target another midfielder but not likely two more. 

Your Enzo point is spot on and it was extremely important that we got that done when we did.

But when it comes to Andrey Santos and Casadei I think some of our supporters need to cool it with them. Not you, but I see a lot of our supporters in social media clamoring for them to be part of the first team next season. This will be a season in which making top 4 is absolutely imperative and our #1 mandate. One game a week, fresh legs, plenty of training time under a great manager. We can’t really afford to throw a couple of teenagers into the most important area of the pitch to learn on the job.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Your Enzo point is spot on and it was extremely important that we got that done when we did.

But when it comes to Andrey Santos and Casadei I think some of our supporters need to cool it with them. Not you, but I see a lot of our supporters in social media clamoring for them to be part of the first team next season. This will be a season in which making top 4 is absolutely imperative and our #1 mandate. One game a week, fresh legs, plenty of training time under a great manager. We can’t really afford to throw a couple of teenagers into the most important area of the pitch to learn on the job.

I agree I don't think either is ready, but with the investment made in both, you would assume there is an expectation that they are capable of reaching a Chelsea calibre level in time but for that the club also has to plan a pathway for them. Does the club continue down the route of bringing in another young player who still needs to develop, or do they look at one or two additions this summer of players that are more in their prime years or a bit more experienced? Like you mentioned, next season is critical to get back amongst the top 4 and not find ourselves another year outside the elite, so do we move on someone like Lavia for example, or someone with a bit more experience?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

That would be a hilariously terrible move for both him and United.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

for all his technical gifts, its a bad idea to sign neymar. The tradeoff on pressing and aggression is way too much

i wish we would loan him. whats the worst that can happen?

he would instantly become our best player.

19 minutes ago, whats happening said:

Where would he play? We’re already loaded with wide attackers.

25 minutes ago, whats happening said:

We can't afford luxury players. If we had a solid base, I would have been in favour of pursuing him.   

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Where would he play? We’re already loaded with wide attackers.

Behind a CF rather than out wide. 

Edited by LAM09