Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The fact we have no number 9 what so ever, someone needs hanging for that alone. 

Next season if we go again with Havertz then we deserve everything we get, he's be the first fucker out the door this summer for me. The clear and money raised will be a serious amount of cash freed up. 

We don't many players, we need another CM, keeper and number 9. Sell the shit, reduce the wages and start again.

I think Broja would have played quite a bit in the second half of this season, not necessarily starting every game but a different alternative to Havertz as a bona fide striking option, and in doing so, we'd have a much better idea then of his progression and where he'd fit into the squad overall.

However he went down before the January window so a decision should have been made on our striking options at that point. I'm not sure when Potter has decided that Auba wasn't for him, and perhaps they anticipated using Fofana more than he was, but the lack of striking options and goals have been the biggest problem on the pitch this season that must be addressed.

Completely agree on the three positions needed but the keeper and striker are absolutely critical and I think if we sorted those two positions in particular in the summer then I do think you're looking at a completely different prospect.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

"His". 😄

How is it on that hill?

He was beaming in the press conference after Lukaku signed.

I hope it was his pick because the alternative was he was insulting the intelligence of every supporter.

15 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Let's not fool ourselves, managers are not the one making transfers, even in such a mess of structure as we were in Tuchel's final days here. They can make suggestions or wishlists, but that's all. Boehly actually wanted more input from manager, so I guess he didn't get it from TT too much. All those players are not first choice. Esp. hard to think Tuchel dreamt of Lukkaku, who doesn't fit his system at all and hindered our tactics and effectiveness like nothing else, but was kind of desperate Marina move. 

Also all those quotes are quite standard press conference bs. No manager ever went with "oh, the idiots upstairs failed at getting the right players,  so I'll have to put up with this useless dumbass they've got somehow as I can't really bench him eternally".

A coach doesnt just hand in a Plan A wishlist. He also hands in a Plan B or C list. You really think that if plan A is not possible the owners of clubs just randomly sign an alternative not based on coaches suggestions? LOL

Names like Koulibaly, Cucurella and Sterling definitely were on Tuchels list. Maybe not on list A, but def. on list B. 

Edited by Gundalf

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That was exactly my point. I've always said and will continue to say so until there's evidence to provide otherwise—that most managers didn't get their main targets. 

A quick analogy: I want a can of Coke more than anything but would be okay with store brand lemonade if I were forced. I end up with the latter as a result. I didn't WANT the latter but will put up with it.

The two options aren't equal.

That was nothing more than a publicity stunt. 

You're missing my point. 

That decision is still ultimately yours, and using your analogy if all the signs pointed to that store brand lemonade making you sick, and you still decided to buy it despite all signs pointing not to, that is still on you. 

This also isn't a case of certain options being significantly better than one another given Tuchel publicly stated he wanted Lukaku and praised his qualities when we bought him. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He was beaming in the press conference after Lukaku signed.

I hope it was his pick because the alternative was he was insulting the intelligence of every supporter.

As @Vegetable pointed out, he wasn't exactly going to publicly say he wasn't satisfied with the business.  

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You're missing my point. 

That decision is still ultimately yours, and using your analogy if all the signs pointed to that store brand lemonade making you sick, and you still decided to buy it despite all signs pointing not to, that is still on you. 

This also isn't a case of certain options being significantly better than one another given Tuchel publicly stated he wanted Lukaku and praised his qualities when we bought him. 

If I'm thirsty, would you rather I died of dehydration than have the only other alternative?

The above echoes the obvious. Tuchel wanted Haaland & Kane; if you think those players aren't significantly better than Lukaku, I'm already fighting a losing battle.  

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As @Vegetable pointed out, he wasn't exactly going to publicly say he wasn't satisfied with the business.  

There's middle ground between that and insulting supporters intelligence.

He could have also done what his fellow countryman did multiple times at Liverpool and told the board to wait until the right fit for his style fell on his lap.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's middle ground between that and insulting supporters intelligence.

He could have also done what his fellow countryman did multiple times at Liverpool and told the board to wait until the right fit for his style fell on his lap.

That's a bone to pick with him personally. It might have come down to his eagerness to compete for the title after winning the CL. My guess is as good as anyone's in that regard.

On the topic of Klopp, isn't it meant to be believed that Salah was never his choice?

If accurate, your comparison doesn't really mean much.

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

If I'm thirsty, would you rather I died of dehydration than have the only other alternative?

The above echoes the obvious. Tuchel wanted Haaland & Kane; if you think those players aren't significantly better than Lukaku, I'm already fighting a losing battle.  

I'd rather you keep drinking the same drink that helped you perform at the highest level and build on that, vs replacing that drink and ruining everything by getting a lemonade brand that was always destined to make you sick. 

Perhaps you view Tuchel as some mythical figure that can do no wrong, but you've seriously deluded yourself if you think he has no accountability on the Lukaku signing or that the club went over his head and got Lukaku without his permission. 

3 hours ago, Gundalf said:

You really think that if plan A is not possible the owners of clubs just randomly sign an alternative not based on coaches suggestions? LOL

Generally not, but the Lukkaku signing bears a feeling of a lot of desperation, ambition, pettiness, miscommunication and drama, not exactly happening on manager level but rather way higher up.

Besides, manager's targets list is one thing, but the Tottenham documentary portrayed just Levy and his people, digging up people on their computer after failing one target after another, no manager involved. May not be the case for City and such, but with enough level of crisis in club, I guess this kind of stuff may be happening quite often. It's just as much sport as it is business after all (yeah, we have Pulisic in the team btw).

48 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd rather you keep drinking the same drink that helped you perform at the highest level and build on that, vs replacing that drink and ruining everything by getting a lemonade brand that was always destined to make you sick. 

Perhaps you view Tuchel as some mythical figure that can do no wrong, but you've seriously deluded yourself if you think he has no accountability on the Lukaku signing or that the club went over his head and got Lukaku without his permission. 

Highest level aka finishing in the top 4 thanks to Tottenham.....

Tuchel just happens to be part of this particular conversation. However, my rationale applies to every manager aside from Mourinho, as I stated in another post. 

I've never once said Tuchel or any other manager shouldn't be held accountable for transfers. My issues have always been with those that say "X was useless in the transfer market" when the large majority of signings were at the very least 4, 5, or even six on a list of targets for those during their tenure.

Tuchel stans are weird, the man himself said Lukaku was his signing. We won the CL, we didn’t need to splash a club record to weaken the team we had. You guys are using weird analogies; Lukaku is not lemonade or some drink, he was poison. That money could have been spent elsewhere to make the team better, we used it to make the team worse.

All of the signings we have done is class above the signings we had done when Tuchel was here.

He is quite lucky to get sacked early in the season, because we would be in the same position as we are now. He would get a lot of blame for this shit, instead Chelsea fans have him on a pedestal.

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

He is quite lucky to get sacked early in the season, because we would be in the same position as we are now. He would get a lot of blame for this shit, instead Chelsea fans have him on a pedestal.

Well, I guess we could be suffering as well, but we'd easily have 15 or so more points from effortlessly winnable games, where we were basically trashed tactically and selection-wise. With Tuchel, but also Sarri, Mou, Conte or any manager, experienced in the trade. Also morale is a thing. It's different to have 10 games to go and have Europa League secured, and different with 10 games to go and relegation not being an abstract concept.

12 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Tuchel stans are weird, the man himself said Lukaku was his signing. We won the CL, we didn’t need to splash a club record to weaken the team we had. You guys are using weird analogies; Lukaku is not lemonade or some drink, he was poison. That money could have been spent elsewhere to make the team better, we used it to make the team worse.

All of the signings we have done is class above the signings we had done when Tuchel was here.

If you want to insult others, at least have the gall to quote them. 😉

I think you should direct your anger to Roman's right-hand lady in this case.

Edited by LAM09

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Well, I guess we could be suffering as well, but we'd easily have 15 or so more points from effortlessly winnable games, where we were basically trashed tactically and selection-wise. With Tuchel, but also Sarri, Mou, Conte or any manager, experienced in the trade. Also morale is a thing. It's different to have 10 games to go and have Europa League secured, and different with 10 games to go and relegation not being an abstract concept.

Tuchel lost to current last place Southhampton and Dinamo Zagreb, you actually out of your mind if you didn't think where this was going. Some serious revisionist going on. 

Potter appointment had a short turnaround actually. Tuchel was not going to survive the whole season.