Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Gundalf said:

The only ideal situation for me with buying Felix is if we can do it in a way that moves a player on we don't want anymore. In this instance, I'm particularly thinking Lukaku. If we could do a deal with them which involved Lukaku + £20-25m then this would work. Otherwise, it just doesn't look a feasible deal. There are bigger priorities than him and he doesn't justify splashing a circa £80m transfer fee on him.

17 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The only ideal situation for me with buying Felix is if we can do it in a way that moves a player on we don't want anymore. In this instance, I'm particularly thinking Lukaku. If we could do a deal with them which involved Lukaku + £20-25m then this would work. Otherwise, it just doesn't look a feasible deal. There are bigger priorities than him and he doesn't justify splashing a circa £80m transfer fee on him.

yes

we can use the fact that simeone don't want him and try another loan 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Highly technical, super classy footballers like Felix are going to be needed if we’re appointing Luis Enrique or Nagelsmann. I’ll be glad if we keep him. Likewise, Mac Allister would be a totally sensible buy and would be a gargantuan upgrade on Gallagher and would adequately replace Mase if he leaves.

Reading about the financials of the club over the past couple of days I’m just skeptical about whether we can afford what we need this coming summer. A world class striker, a top class midfielder or two, and a top class keeper is another £200m+. We will have to get incredible fees for all these outgoing players if we want to get all we need.

This is where this new recruitment team really need to make things happen. 

There are players out there that could slot into this team and cost a fraction of those prices. 

Outside of Osimhen, I actually don't think there's a huge array of obvious 'top tier' striking talent out there at a good age. It might well come down to thinking outside the box and finding a less obvious option. It's annoying that Broja got injured when he did. Not necessarily saying he would have been the answer but I think he was primed to be the striking alternative to Havertz in the second half of this season and may have had the chance to show what his long term potential at this level is.

I read the other day we're interested in the Valencia goalkeeper. I don't know much about him but Valencia have a real chance of getting relegated and even if they stay up are in dire straits financially so there may well be a good deal there. 

11 hours ago, TheHulk said:

I thought Boehly can at least use his connections to get us better commercial deals but looks like he sucks at everything.

This worries me. What also worries me is the fact that we are still thinking about big money transfers, such as Felix or Osihmen. At this rate, the club is going to get run into the ground under this ownership. There is no sense of direction. They seem to be ready to throw money at anyone who is wanted by rivals or is making the news like Osihmen. He's a great striker, but considering the circumstances, can we really afford thinking about signing him?

It seems that for any problem that this club has, the owners think that money is the solution. It's not, at this point. After our UCL success in 2021, we were able to throw a ton of money at Inter for Lukaku and it was the logical thing do to, even if that project actually failed after all. But under those circumstances, it was fine. Everyone thought that we needed him, considering that Haaland was untouchable for us. Now? No way. We need a Toney-type striker, someone who woudl cost around 30-40m, not 100. We also do not need Felix to stay, not for 80m. 

I feel like too many people do not understand how risky and dangerous our position is at this time. Everybody is watching us and the media has been putting pressure ever since Boehly & Co. started spending. We need to stop spending and start being smart.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Doesn't he have the same profile as Enzo? I don't see the point of bringing him in. Are we trying to build two teams or what?

Edited by Cosmin

42 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

This worries me. What also worries me is the fact that we are still thinking about big money transfers, such as Felix or Osihmen. At this rate, the club is going to get run into the ground under this ownership. There is no sense of direction. They seem to be ready to throw money at anyone who is wanted by rivals or is making the news like Osihmen. He's a great striker, but considering the circumstances, can we really afford thinking about signing him?

It seems that for any problem that this club has, the owners think that money is the solution. It's not, at this point. After our UCL success in 2021, we were able to throw a ton of money at Inter for Lukaku and it was the logical thing do to, even if that project actually failed after all. But under those circumstances, it was fine. Everyone thought that we needed him, considering that Haaland was untouchable for us. Now? No way. We need a Toney-type striker, someone who woudl cost around 30-40m, not 100. We also do not need Felix to stay, not for 80m. 

I feel like too many people do not understand how risky and dangerous our position is at this time. Everybody is watching us and the media has been putting pressure ever since Boehly & Co. started spending. We need to stop spending and start being smart.

It would be possible to sign him depending upon how much money we would be able to raise from player sales. 

i.e. if we were able to offload the likes of Pulisic, Ziyech, Gallagher, Mount (if he's not keen on staying), possibly Sterling for good transfer fees....that would probably help balance the books. 

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It would be possible to sign him depending upon how much money we would be able to raise from player sales. 

There are too many holes in our finances, from what I've been reading lately, and we will need those money to fill them. There's no sponsorship deal in place yet and it's getting quite tight. Plus, the pressure that's surounding Chelsea is gonna give other clubs great power in any negotiation. I think it's gonna be really tough for us to sell unwanted players for high amounts of money. Under these circumstances, it would't surprise me if we cash in on Colwill and Maatsen.

In my opinion, this summer is make or break for us, in terms of financial stability and I hope the owners get their priorities straight. 

Edited by Cosmin

Feels impossible to believe that one of the biggest, most successful clubs in world football like Chelsea will have too much trouble attracting big money sponsors. Big corporations and brands are desperate to associate themselves with PL clubs. Doing so with one of the very biggest and most supported ones worldwide even more so.

This doom and gloom about us being unable to secure them feels silly to me right now. 

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

There are too many holes in our finances

If only there was a reason to that… anyway, let's buy another 10 random players who don't fit our squad for 100 million each, because they are fUtUrE SoCcEr SuPeRsTaRz. Brighton was once looking at them, so they must be, right?

5 hours ago, Strike said:

That would be a seriously insane move for us. 

Gavi is a class act... he is some player.

This for me would be a big sign that Luis Enrique is coming through that door.

Edited by DDA

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

That would be a seriously insane move for us. 

Gavi is a class act... he is some player.

This for me would be a big sign that Luis Enrique is coming through that door.

Doesn't De La Pena represent both Gavi and Luis Enrique? Or is he a football agent/rep but also a coach with Luis Enrique?

Either way if it is true, it would certainly lend credibility to Luis Enrique's chances of joining here and to be honest if he was able to exert his influence on turning Gavi's head and we managed to poach a player of that quality on a free, or minimal comp, it would be a huge coup.