Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

United will be in sell process next couple of months at least. We have a free run to turn his head. 

That’s true, but we have a hell of a lot of things that surely need to be done before we can spend another gigantic amount on incomings. Especially one that will cost well north of £100m. 

First and foremost, we still have that £100m anchor Lukaku around our necks and Inter thus far don’t seem keen on committing to extending his loan yet. 

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That’s true, but we have a hell of a lot of things that surely need to be done before we can spend another gigantic amount on incomings. Especially one that will cost well north of £100m. 

First and foremost, we still have that £100m anchor Lukaku around our necks and Inter thus far don’t seem keen on committing to extending his loan yet. 

This is the one time Lukaku's delusions of grandeur will come in handy.

He's shown multiple times in his career he won't accept not being an undisputed starter, so he will find a solution.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

United will be in sell process next couple of months at least. We have a free run to turn his head. 

United could be still in the process of selling the club during the summer transfer market and the Glazers are not buying anyone that is anywhere near 100M.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Osimhen has new United marquee signing written all over him for me. Unfortunately, in our current state he may view us as a step down from a Napoli side that are soon to be title winners in Serie A and who knows what in the CL. Whilst our squad is amazing and has incredible potential, our future in terms of challenging for the league is very uncertain. United on the other hand may be 2 signings away from being legit contenders and will most certainly have CL football to offer.

I suppose we do have some things that could entice him to choose us. We have loads of French speakers in our squad that would help him settle. He has claimed before that Drogba was his hero and may want to follow in his footsteps. And perhaps most importantly, when our owner gets fixated in a target we have shown that we’ll go all out. Unlike United who fuck around for months twiddling their thumbs. 

Personally I think the marquee signing for United in this position would be Kane and if he doesn't sign a new contract, I think United could well get a near free run at him.

He's not going to come here or Arsenal given his Spurs connections. City have Haaland (unless he left but don't think he will yet). Liverpool will prioritise their midfield this summer. Newcastle isn't a step up from Spurs. Not sure the market is there for him abroad and he may well want to stay in England.

It screams United getting him at present.

5 hours ago, Superblue said:

Personally I think the marquee signing for United in this position would be Kane and if he doesn't sign a new contract, I think United could well get a near free run at him.

He's not going to come here or Arsenal given his Spurs connections. City have Haaland (unless he left but don't think he will yet). Liverpool will prioritise their midfield this summer. Newcastle isn't a step up from Spurs. Not sure the market is there for him abroad and he may well want to stay in England.

It screams United getting him at present.

United getting Kane would be dangerous for teams so preferably they don’t. He would be better staying at Spurs than going to a United or whoever he may want to join to in the PL - for everyones sakes. I mean If Rashford in particular keeps up these performances and keeps kicking on (I think he will now he has a proper more than competent coach), him playing with Kane has the potential to be similar to what Son and Kane are. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

United getting Kane would be dangerous for teams so preferably they don’t. He would be better staying at Spurs than going to a United or whoever he may want to join to in the PL - for everyones sakes. I mean If Rashford in particular keeps up these performances and keeps kicking on (I think he will now he has a proper more than competent coach), him playing with Kane has the potential to be similar to what Son and Kane are. 

Kane & Son are built for each other, I don't think he would have as much personal success at United and as much freedom as he does at Spurs.   It's a shame he didn't put in a release clause in his contract as he could have easily retired with some proper trophies to his name (as Bayern were keen). 

The one positive would be Spurs not having a talisman and hopefully that would push them out of the top 4 for a few seasons. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Kane will be 30 by summer, let them sign him preferably on a 5 years contract, he doesn't have much left before he declines and is not exactly injury free as well. At best another Van Persie.

16 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Kane & Son are built for each other, I don't think he would have as much personal success at United and as much freedom as he does at Spurs.   It's a shame he didn't put in a release clause in his contract as he could have easily retired with some proper trophies to his name (as Bayern were keen). 

The one positive would be Spurs not having a talisman and hopefully that would push them out of the top 4 for a few seasons. 

I think he could have a similar relationship with somebody like Rashford although granted Son is borderline world class (or for me at least). Not only that, he would have Fernandes who would take the creative burden off him he has at Spurs and allow him to perhaps just focus more on goals.

But is pushing Spurs out of the top 4 worth it if means it further strengthens United? Who are nailed on for top 4 already and will probably reinvest again? Spurs much less of a concern than United IMO because they will never invest the same or attract the level of players. 

16 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Kane will be 30 by summer, let them sign him preferably on a 5 years contract, he doesn't have much left before he declines and is not exactly injury free as well. At best another Van Persie.

Perhaps but they will get 2 or 3 very good seasons out of Kane at least. Depending how he looks after himself maybe a fourth. Ultimately its hard to tell for sure but I can see him going strong to 33 or 34 minimum because he’s never really been about pace or even physicality although he can offer it.

The top 100 assistmen worldwide

logo football observatory

Issue 412 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post analyses WyScout data on domestic league assists made by players in 75 championships around the world over the last 365 days. By weighting the number of assists with the sporting coefficient of the matches played, Kevin De Bruyne comes out on top ahead of Ousmane Dembélé and Lionel Messi.

With 12 assists and a weighted score of 13.8, which puts him in sixth place overall, Dejan Kulusevski tops the list among U23 players. The Tottenham man is ahead of Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Napoli), Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig) and the Real Madrid duo Vinícius Júnior and Rodrygo Goes. Sebastián Villa (Boca Juniors) is the top ranked player currently active in a South American league.

In purely numerical terms, without weighting assists by the sporting level of the matches played, with 19 assists in last year domestic league matches, three players are at the top: Dušan Tadić (AFC Ajax), Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ (Zamalek SC), as well as Emil Hansson (Heracles). They are ahead of Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) and Mike Trésor (KRC Genk), 18 assists for both, as well as of Lionel Messi (PSG) with 17.

>>> Top 100 assistmen worldwide

99b06c106733c3062000e54b38a82ee4.png362d1093a4e6321fef39a467d2dc1266.pngb8566c9380a8a758fd484c90af58774d.png191d80ef17bf95369ff5a05c2b808b49.png6b57157049bfd1b7e758ed2594fac35c.png7ed4e3d36eeb98c4c85ee3b3c3233a74.png

Edited by Vesper