Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Rice + Casemiro would be a very strange midfield pairing if they go back for him. I think West Ham are in for a rude awakening if they think they’re getting anywhere remotely close to what we paid for Enzo when he’ll have just a year left on his contract. Especially since Rice will likely be really pushing to finally move on.

I still think we make the most sense of all potential destinations. He instantly slots in next to Enzo and our midfield pairing is set for the foreseeable future. He’d be an odd fit at United, Arse have Xhaka & Partey who are hugely important plus J5 now so Rice doesn’t go straight into their XI. He doesn’t seem at all like a Pep player. 

Assuming we’re even still interested in him I think our biggest competition could be Liverpool who need a total midfield rebuild. if they strike out on Bellingham (which I think they absolutely will since they won’t pay £100m+) I can see them targeting Rice.

I dont necessarily think so.

Rice isn’t necessarily just a sitting midfielder although neither is Casemiro. Both have more to their game and Rice has started chipping in with goals and more offensive contributions. West Ham played both Rice and Soucek who are actually quite similar and it worked well. 

Even if Rice played here, he wouldn’t be just sitting in front of the back 4, he’d probably be in a more box to box role with Enzo deeper pulling the strings. He predominantly plays in a midfield paring as well as opposed to as a pivot.

I like the idea of Amrabat if we go for him again in the summer. Probably Barca bound, though.

Caicedo, Rice, Amrabat, Koné. There are lots of solid potential Enzo partners out there if we decide to join that market. But maybe we have a Kante resurgence and instead prioritize other areas.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I like the idea of Amrabat if we go for him again in the summer. Probably Barca bound, though.

Caicedo, Rice, Amrabat, Koné. There are lots of solid potential Enzo partners out there if we decide to join that market. But maybe we have a Kante resurgence and instead prioritize other areas.

I believe there are no other areas to prioritize. We need a clear out first and even after that the two possibilities are GK and ST both reliant on sales and historically very hit and miss.

I am all in for a swap plus cash with us getting Nicolò Barella as the partner for Enzo:

Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah wanted by Inter Milan as Italian club eye transfer in summer window

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/07/Chelsea-star-trevoh-chalobah-wanted-by-inter-milan-in-summer-transfer-18237861/

The Italian side view Chalobah as the ideal replacement for Milan Skriniar, who is set to join Paris-Saint Germain at the end of the season.

Chalobah penned a long-term contract with Chelsea in November with his deal not due to expire until 2028 but he has struggled for regular game time this term.

He has made 19 appearances for the Blues this season but following the arrivals of Wesley Fofana and Benoit Badiashile in the summer and January respectively, Chalobah may be set for even more time on the bench or out of the squad.

The 23-year-old may also be sold in order for Chelsea to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, with the club able to make a 100% profit on him due to the fact he came through the club’s academy, which would help balance the books.

Chelsea have spent over £600m on players since Todd Boehly became owner in the summer and must start selling players in order to avoid breaking FFP rules.

Chalobah, who has spent time out on loan at Ipswich, Huddersfield and French club Lorient, has made a total of 48 appearances for Chelsea since making his debut but could now follow Fikayo Tomori in swapping west London for Serie A.

Tomori also progressed through Chelsea’s academy but was sold to Inter’s rivals AC Milan in 2021 and helped them win the 2021-22 Serie A title.

Chelsea, meanwhile, are having an abysmal season and are currently ninth in the Premier League table – 10 points off the top four – and are out of the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

Graham Potter’s side return to action with a trip to West Ham on Saturday before they host Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last 16 on February 15.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I am all in for a swap plus cash with us getting Nicolò Barella as the partner for Enzo:

Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah wanted by Inter Milan as Italian club eye transfer in summer window

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/07/Chelsea-star-trevoh-chalobah-wanted-by-inter-milan-in-summer-transfer-18237861/

The Italian side view Chalobah as the ideal replacement for Milan Skriniar, who is set to join Paris-Saint Germain at the end of the season.

Chalobah penned a long-term contract with Chelsea in November with his deal not due to expire until 2028 but he has struggled for regular game time this term.

He has made 19 appearances for the Blues this season but following the arrivals of Wesley Fofana and Benoit Badiashile in the summer and January respectively, Chalobah may be set for even more time on the bench or out of the squad.

The 23-year-old may also be sold in order for Chelsea to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, with the club able to make a 100% profit on him due to the fact he came through the club’s academy, which would help balance the books.

Chelsea have spent over £600m on players since Todd Boehly became owner in the summer and must start selling players in order to avoid breaking FFP rules.

Chalobah, who has spent time out on loan at Ipswich, Huddersfield and French club Lorient, has made a total of 48 appearances for Chelsea since making his debut but could now follow Fikayo Tomori in swapping west London for Serie A.

Tomori also progressed through Chelsea’s academy but was sold to Inter’s rivals AC Milan in 2021 and helped them win the 2021-22 Serie A title.

Chelsea, meanwhile, are having an abysmal season and are currently ninth in the Premier League table – 10 points off the top four – and are out of the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

Graham Potter’s side return to action with a trip to West Ham on Saturday before they host Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last 16 on February 15.

He will thrive there like Fikayo and Tammy. I would throw in KK for free just for good measure.

Striker 'needs convincing' to leave Chelsea this month

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-striker-needs-convincing-to-leave-Chelsea-this-month/

Chelsea striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is reluctant to move to the United States amid interest from MLS side Los Angeles FC, according to the Evening Standard.

Having joined Chelsea from Barcelona to replace Romelu Lukaku, Aubameyang has not had the career he would have expected at Stamford Bridge.

The 33-year-old has only made four starts in the Premier League and 11 appearances overall so far this season, with only one goal to his name.

The situation got worse for the former Arsenal striker after being removed from Chelsea’s 25-man Champions League squad to make space for January signings.

The Evening Standard claims that Aubameyang had interest from Spain and Italy in January, but a move was not an option since FIFA regulations did not allow players to play in official matches for more than two clubs in a season. 

Unfortunately for Aubameyang, he had an eight-minute cameo for Barcelona prior to joining Chelsea.

A move to MLS, however, reportedly provides a loophole.

MLS season 2023 season starts in February, which counts as a new season under FIFA rules, with their transfer window remaining open until 24 April.

This means Aubameyang would be able to play for an MLS side, and LAFC, who are reportedly interested in him as a potential replacement for Gareth Bale, provide an opportunity to do so.

But Aubameyang, who is said to still consider himself a top-level player (my add: LOLOLOLOLOLOL), would “need convincing” to move to the MLS.

Earlier reports suggest that Aubameyang is also expecting summer approaches from the likes of Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, so the player’s reported hesitance is quite understandable.

The question now is whether these top clubs would still be interested in Aubameyang if he continues to struggle with getting game time at Chelsea until the end of the season.

assclown, what a shit buy, and fuck Barca for playing him for 8 minutes

27 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

He will thrive there like Fikayo and Tammy. I would throw in KK for free just for good measure.

and replace them with a homegrown:

either

Taylor Harwood-Bellis (I really rate him, great potential to be the next class English CB) or Nathan Collins (I rate him too)

plus

Jurriën Timber (speed burner deluxe)

(all 3 are right footed to replace the 2 right footed CB exits)

plus he also bring back homegrown lefty CB Colwill

Opposition Report: Burnley | Birmingham City Football Club

Louis van Gaal sends warning to Jurrien Timber ahead of possible Man Utd  transfer - Man Utd News

Inside Nathan Collins' rise to Republic of Ireland international as Burnley  ace looks wise beyond his years | The Irish Sun

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He will be our number 9 if Felix continues to play good until the end of the season, no way we lose out on him if he proves his worth these months.

Hes never played as a number 9 before ever though.

When will we learn? He’s always played off a CF…. Feels like we’re just gonna end up repeating what we did with Havertz all again. Same way Felix has never played as an actual 9 either with any real success.

People seem to think Nkunku or Felix are gonna solve our CF issues. They wont. Because they arent CFs. Simple as that.

We’re in a really tricky spot when it comes the the striker position. Havertz clearly isn’t the answer. As mentioned, Felix and Nkunku aren’t natural CF’s. We have Fofana and Broja who are youngsters and probably aren’t ready to lead the line. And then the idea of going out and spending mega money on a new one seems far fetched when we’ve already got a £100m dead weight on our books who may impossible to shift with Inter unsure about whether to bring him back.

Think the best solution may be to move Havertz on and bring in an experienced, natural forward who’s in that late 20’s range and actually scores goals regularly. Someone who isn’t super expensive.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’re in a really tricky spot when it comes the the striker position. Havertz clearly isn’t the answer. As mentioned, Felix and Nkunku aren’t natural CF’s. We have Fofana and Broja who are youngsters and probably aren’t ready to lead the line. And then the idea of going out and spending mega money on a new one seems far fetched when we’ve already got a £100m dead weight on our books who may impossible to shift with Inter unsure about whether to bring him back.

Think the best solution may be to move Havertz on and bring in an experienced, natural forward who’s in that late 20’s range and actually scores goals regularly. Someone who isn’t super expensive.

I think Osimhen would be the perfect answer. Havertz (although i really think he is a generational talents) and Gallagher would cover his fee and Broja would sweeten the deal.

I am wary of signing Serie As top scorer as I would much rather we already had a Balogun who is outscoring Messi, Mbappe, Neymar in Ligue 1. Perhaps if we had the foresight to loan Broja, maybe we would have.

Edited by Hashishi