Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

They can't prevent us triggering the clause that is correct obviously.

What they can do, and I believe are (or were) doing, is to point out that a 'standard' transfer, even for an amount above the clause figure, can actually cost Chelsea less because of the tax implications. That is already better for The Blues, even without the advantage that comes from being able to amortise the accounting of a standard transfer fee for FFP reporting. They can argue that it would therefore be in Chelsea's interests to pay a higher figure specifically to avoid the clause, and they would be right.

This is what I believe is behind those reports which have claimed the we offered more than €120m. The latest number I've seen quoted (in this thread) is £115m, which is well north of €120m of course.

Yes, I  also said as much (about the taxes). Cheers

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I just have a feeling it gets done, I don't know why, but I think it will go right up untill 11pm

I think you're right. If either side had given up hope of getting what they wanted, there would have been nothing to negotiate for this long. If I had to guess, I'd say we're at the stage where Benfica are basically happy with what's been offered but are holding out for any bunce Chelsea might throw in. Chelsea meanwhile know that they just need to throw in a little something for Rui Costa's ego at the last minute, when he has no choice but to accept he is seeing Chelsea's last offer. At that point every body shakes hands, has a drink, then gets some sleep.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think you're right. If either side had given up hope of getting what they wanted, there would have been nothing to negotiate for this long. If I had to guess, I'd say we're at the stage where Benfica are basically happy with what's been offered but are holding out for any bunce Chelsea might throw in. Chelsea meanwhile know that they just need to throw in a little something for Rui Costa's ego at the last minute, when he has no choice but to accept he is seeing Chelsea's last offer. At that point every body shakes hands, has a drink, then gets some sleep.

I personally think this is all the save face with the fans, just not sure which side yet.

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't understand whats the hold up if so who cares if its 3 or 5 installments its the same for FFP and owner have a lot of liquid money am I missing something?

It's getting close to being a dead deal, a fail, a no go.

A massive part of the blame goes to those 5 SHIT summer deals, especially that £95m FAIL KK.... been raging about that for ages now), the insane total amount perhaps shit away on what really appears atm to be damaged goods Fofana, the ultra flop gutless POS Auba, and the £30m or so overpayment for a so far underwhelming CuCu. Sterling is still up in the air.

FFS

According to Portuguese TV station RTP, Chelsea target Enzo Fernández is set to stay at Benfica despite the Blues’ best efforts at acquiring the midfielder this winter transfer window.

Edited by Vesper

Man, I’m fucking heated that we’ve sold Jorginho to the club I hate more than any other and are then going to get smacked again with Enzo.

Now our already mediocre midfield gets worse, a hated rival’s gets a boost, and we miss out on our chance of ever getting a world class midfielder who’s apparently very keen on coming here.