Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Really?

Look at the first LWer on this alternative option list of mine.

Ok maybe you were the only one…... Not the point but this isn’t the first time Ive seen you digging up your old posts from whenever to try prove a point/make yourself look like some sort of footballing know it all, when my context was more in a wider sense.

He was never ever somebody the club were remotely linked with or had an apparent interest in in the summer. The move came around very quickly. In January, this month, after Arsenal spent a whole half a season looking at/making a move for him…

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not the point but this isn’t the first time Ive seen you digging up your old posts from whenever to try prove a point/make yourself look like some sort of footballing know it all

I never claimed to be a know it all, all I do is really follow the transfer market and look out for targets, and not just during window time

no idea why you are having a go at me over my simply doing a lot of research into something that interests me

On 25/01/2023 at 01:59, Thor said:

Gordon would be great here. Off the bench at least. I think he is the perfect type of squad player and vital to building a great team. Pacey, robust and athletic. 

I'd take him for 25-35m. But we have far more pressing needs. Between our current crop of front players, I think we should do well. 

and I am convinced he can play wingback

Signing a winger with the intention of playing him as a fullback instead of buying an actual fullback in Gusto who has a higher ceiling would be incredibly stupid.  Especially for £40m. If he was half that I’d still think it’s a bad signing.

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Of course we never pay over the odds for quality like Enzo and Gusto but when it comes to guys like Cucurella, Gordon, etc this shit never ever gets mentioned smh.

We haven't bought Gordon, cucu will come good I believe.

Matt Law knows dick. He first said we never had any intentions to sign Mudryk only to do a complete 180 after Ornstein broke the news we made a bid for him. He lost all of his contacts at Chelsea when Boehly sacked everyone (said as much in a podcast).

Just please no stupid buys in these last few days of the window. If you ask yourself “would any other big club sign this player” and the answer is no we shouldn’t go near them. City/Liverpool/United/Arse/any of the other massive clubs wouldn’t sign Anthony Gordon in a million years. So neither should we.