Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, DDA said:

Bissouma is a good player who has been mismanaged at Spurs... everyone bottles it there.

He’s not that good. Not even at Brighton but I think he did what a lot of these guys do and had a few good games against us so instantly people thought he was better than they were. He is so so middle of the road. I am actually surprised he hasn’t improved under Conte he seems like the sort of profile he would want in a MF player. 

If we were to pinch anyone from Spurs midfield it should be Bentancur. Who is pretty fucking good. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He’s not that good. Not even at Brighton but I think he did what a lot of these guys do and had a few good games against us so instantly people thought he was better than they were. He is so so middle of the road. I am actually surprised he hasn’t improved under Conte he seems like the sort of profile he would want in a MF player. 

If we were to pinch anyone from Spurs midfield it should be Bentancur. Who is pretty fucking good. 

I think Bissouma is alright but yea Bentancur is their best midfielder for sure.

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Spending on wingers made absolutely sense. With Pulisic and Ziyech hopefully gone, we would only have Sterling as a winger. 

But are they gone?

Pulisic is out so can’t sit a medical anywhere so he isn’t going to be gone anytime soon. Probably be the summer. 

And supposedly, bar loan interest from Newcastle, has there ever been any real interest in Ziyech? Again, not so much by sounds of things. 

I mean if our transfer strategy is just overload the squad with attacking players, which we have plenty of (despite some of them being poor) and neglect key needed positions we have needed investment in for 2 seasons now, ie. a good back up RB and another good level CM, then so be it. But it will only end one way. 

I'm rather excited to see us sign two wingers that caught my eye during the CL qualifying stages last season. The combined sum might be rather high, but they are direct wingers for whom we have been crying out for since the days of Robben and Duff. The only downside is that hopes of signing Kvaratskhelia and Leao are probably over.

Next, a RB that can compete with James rather than a fodder. We aren't going after Livramento in the summer, so we need to get things done now.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm rather excited to see us sign two wingers that caught my eye during the CL qualifying stages last season. The combined sum might be rather high, but they are direct wingers for whom we have been crying out for since the days of Robben and Duff. The only downside is that hopes of signing Kvaratskhelia and Leao are probably over.

Next, a RB that can compete with James rather than a fodder. We aren't going after Livramento in the summer, so we need to get things done now.

I don't think Leo was ever serious about leaving. Just getting a better deal

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don't think Leo was ever serious about leaving. Just getting a better deal

Contracts hardly mean anything nowadays. I could him imagine him getting a pay rise before joining someone like City or Madrid within 12 months.  

36 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Spending on wingers made absolutely sense. With Pulisic and Ziyech hopefully gone, we would only have Sterling as a winger. 

CHO...

Edited by LAM09

26 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But are they gone?

Pulisic is out so can’t sit a medical anywhere so he isn’t going to be gone anytime soon. Probably be the summer. 

And supposedly, bar loan interest from Newcastle, has there ever been any real interest in Ziyech? Again, not so much by sounds of things. 

I mean if our transfer strategy is just overload the squad with attacking players, which we have plenty of (despite some of them being poor) and neglect key needed positions we have needed investment in for 2 seasons now, ie. a good back up RB and another good level CM, then so be it. But it will only end one way. 

No they are not gone but a club that has ambition to be champion again cant rely on these kind of players. These are squad players, nothing more. So yea, Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling as starters and Puli and Ziyech as back up if we cant get rid of them. 

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Contracts hardly mean anything nowadays. I could him imagine him getting a pay rise before joining someone like City or Madrid within 12 months.  

CHO...

Cant even be good for Leverkusen. No option for a club like Chelsea.