Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Know the board want to clean-house but it is crazy to be prioritising a deal for Mudryk over strengthening the midfield at the moment.

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Who will Arsenal take now? We took first 2 options. Depay is close to Atletico and we are still after Thuram.

Arsenal will regroup and find a player who is not valued so high. Five months ago Shakhtar were looking for 30m from Brentford for Mudryk (Link - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/31/brentford-transfer-record-sign-shakhtar-mykhaylo-mudryk )

They've tripled that valuation now with our bid. This approach from Boehly-Eghbali is crazy and unsustainable.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

The #1 thing that stands out when watching Mudryk highlights is his blistering pace and ability to dribble and beat players in space. But the thing you also notice is how many clips there are of him in just massive acres of wide open pitch. How often will that happen for him here at Chelsea and in the PL? When we’re actually in form as a team our opposition sits deep and negates space which could rob a player like this of his best attributes. That’s what I worry about.

Worried about exactly this. How good is he in tight spaces will be the real question.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

I may think this is a silly transfer at the moment and a big overpay, but at least it’s clear what type of attacker the club and/or Potter wants and it’s the type I’ve been desperate for for a long while. Nkunku, Mudryk, links to Leão and that kid from PSV. We want super quick, highly aggressive, skillful attackers who have the balls to take on defenders and be assertive.

Hopefully brings an end to soft and dainty guys like Pulisic and Ziyech who are either injured all the time or can’t beat a player in space to save their lives. 

This is welcome but the midfield needs a refresh at the moment

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Chelsea's social media admin has gone from a 29 year old to a 22 year old...

I met a couple of the club's social media lads during an EFL Trophy game at Sutton United. They were about 22. 🙂

9 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Not signed yet 🤣

I don't know what type of legally binding commitment, if any, the player might already have signed. If none, then there is still time for Arsenal fans to be singing a song about who booked his flight by the end of the month. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doubtful. If Mudryk comes we have to sell/unregister players for PL squad now. So unless we sell we wont be buying anyone else likely unless their u21s but very doubtful.

Mudryk counts as 21 or under. He was born on 05/01/2001. The qualification date for this transfer window is on or after 01/01/2001, so he makes it by 4 days.

In any case, both of the players I would now most like to see arrive during this window are under-21.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

our midfield:

jorginho -> finished

kante -> finished

kovacic -> finished

RLC -> always injured

gallagher -> inconsistent

zakaria -> always injured

chukwuemeka -> good prospect

what we do in transfer market: mudryk, joao felix. then we lose against everyone and it's on potter

🤣

Find it very weird that we have posted about this Mudryk thing on there main site and also added things to the bio on Instagram, it's just not like us.

But I have been told their is a new media team in place now.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Rival fans calling us for paying this much is quite ironic considering Ukrainian side put this price as they said with Antony and Grealish transfers in mind. 

And he's miles better than both.

9 hours ago, laura90 said:

So this "building  house from the roof "" approach from the previous regime I hated, is part of the new regime DNA I see. I am deeply disappointed and shocked and sad with this signing. Just like I said for Felix the other day, it wont make us climb up on the table without functional central midfield. 

We are stockpiling attackers we are not able to sell, and getting only has beens and injury prones in that midfield. It's sad really. At least I hope when he comes to Stamford Bridge tomorrow, he will be hearing " We will stay up" instead "We are going down" chants despite this absurd transfer policy that is bringing us further down with each passing window/ day.

A fair point, but the world is real not ideal. Clubs, including ours, have to take opportunities when they arise. It seems pretty clear from the rumour mill that the club has made, and is making, efforts to reinforce the midfield. There is nothing wrong with buying the materials with which you intend eventually to build the roof and putting it in storage, so to speak, until your foundation is laid. As long as you can afford to do both then you must take opportunities when you can.

The club's recruiters clearly believe strongly in Mudryk. As long as as this signing does not prevent us also strengthening the midfield then it makes no sense to stand by and watch him go elsewhere.