Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I won't pretend I've seen him play live but from what I've seen on clips, his metrics and what I hear about him signing Zakharyan is the only way (out of the realistic signings) I can even remotely get over losing Enzo anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not sure. Trippier, Burn, Targett and Woods are absolute pants and not exaclty young either. Imagine we had signed those players, the meltdown here would be unreal. They only struck gold with Guimaraes

On paper they are still way worse than us when everyone is fit, their squad is worth about half of ours.

But they somehow built a real team spirit and great buzz around them, so everyone plays out of their skin. They also did not lose their pace and their leaders in one window

Dan Burn has been weirdly good. Trippier too. Targett and Wood are doing their bit as back-up, helps with the team spirit.

They now have positioned themselves to target a higher level of players.

43 minutes ago, turgi said:

Probably on loan. Chelsea will pay majority of the wage, no option to buy.

he cannot move until July 1, 2023, as he has already played for 2 clubs (us and for 8 fucking minutes, Barca) this season, so we are stuck with him

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not sure. Trippier, Burn, Targett and Woods are absolute pants and not exaclty young either. Imagine we had signed those players, the meltdown here would be unreal. They only struck gold with Guimaraes

On paper they are still way worse than us when everyone is fit, their squad is worth about half of ours.

But they somehow built a real team spirit and great buzz around them, so everyone plays out of their skin. They also did not lose their pace and their leaders in one window

I get your point. Disagree about Trippier. He was always a good RB but not better than James. The rest would of been players our team would have laughed at. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

you are being far too harsh on NUFC

they are better than us at multiple positions:

GK, one of the CB slots (for now, let's see what Badiashile does), RB when we have no Reece (Trippier is a better fullback than Azpi is now), DMF, AMF/RWer (depending on the formastion), and CF (they have two who are better than anything we have atm)

(we do blow them away in depth though)

their best starting players

Nick Pope
Sven Botman 
Dan Burn
Matt Targett  
Kieran Trippier
Bruno Guimarães (world class)
Joelinton (reborn as a MFer)
Miguel Almirón (on fire, tracking to 20 or so league goals)
Allan Saint-Maximin
Alexander Isak 
Callum Wilson

I get his point. You are putting their current players in form but had we bid for these players start of season, bar Guimares and possibly Botman, I don't think most fans would be content. ASM isn't even in their best team right now and this has been the case for majority of season. Their favoured 11 for past few weeks/months has been: Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Guimares, Willock, Almiron, Wilson, Joelinton. Targett has not been favoured all season. Burn has been their LB.

At beginning of season, there is not one player from that team you are putting into the Chelsea team. Guimaraes possibly and that is about it. But yeah I agree that they have had great pickups but then had we made some of those transfers, ironically our fanbase would criticise us for not being ambitious. Similar to United when they went for Arnautovic only for their fanbase to stop the move. I personally thought Newcastle were going to invest heavily in summer and no way did I expect likes of Willock and Longstaff to be regulars in their team but credit to them.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

He was always a good RB but not better than James.

I said better than Azpi (at the present time, not prime Azpi), just to be clear.

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

At beginning of season, there is not one player from that team you are putting into the Chelsea team. Guimaraes possibly and that is about it.

at the start of the season:

Pope was a better GKer than Mendy or Kepa, not by miles, but still better IMHO

Botman over KK (and I have said this long before KK came here, I took KK off my lists due to age and cost 2 years ago or so and did rep Botman for ages, to a point)

Bruno Guimarães is better than any MFer we have at present (Kante is too injured), and as we have now very likely failed on Enzo, he is who I would at least TRY to pull for a Jorginho deep lying DMF (and like Enzo, Bruno can also offer a goal threat)

Isak and Wilson are both better than any CF (at present, hopefully down the road DDF blows up) we have on the sr team

finally.........

that all said, I am NOT advocating to buy any of those, other than Bruno (Pope would make a great backup GKer if we had Oblak or a couple others)

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I said better than Azpi (at the present time, not prime Azpi), just to be clear.

at the start of the season:

Pope was a better GKer than Mendy or Kepa, not by miles, but still better IMHO

Botman over KK (and I have said this long before KK came here, I took KK off my lists due to age and cost 2 years ago or so and did rep Botman for ages, to a point)

Bruno Guimarães is better than any MFer we have at present (Kante is too injured), and as we have now very likely failed on Enzo, he is who I would at least TRY to pull for a Jorginho deep lying DMF (and like Enzo, Bruno can also offer a goal threat)

Isak and Wilson are both better than any CF (at present, hopefully down the road DDF blows up) we have on the sr team

finally.........

that all said, I am NOT advocating to buy any of those, other than Bruno (Pope would make a great backup GKer if we had Oblak or a couple others)

Mendy made mistakes last season however we can't say categorically that Pope was better than him. A lot of the names you mentioned are not even playing for Newcastle. Isak only scored 6 league goals last season. Wilson is good but again injury prone and has inconsistent patches himself. Basically what is getting Newcastle where they are is not individual quality (bar Almiron asides) but a team spirit.

lol £79m to £88m for Randal Kolo Muani

Eintracht is on crack

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/01/10/liverpool-transfer-news-kolo-muani-director-88m-january/

Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Markus Krosche confirmed that the club will not sell Liverpool-linked striker, Randal Kolo Muani, even if a £88 million (€100 million) offer comes through the door in January. In December, TEAMtalk had relayed a story about Jurgen Klopp’s side being ‘seduced’ by the prospect of signing Kolo Muani. However, Sky Germany had only recently reported that the French forward was feeling ‘comfortable’ at Frankfurt.

https://www.footballfancast.com/Chelsea-transfer-rumours/Chelsea-transfer-randal-kolo-muani-eintracht-frankfurt-premier-league

However, with the Frenchman having signed from Nantes on a free transfer last summer, the report continues to state that his German Bundesliga outfit would not grant a departure for anything less than €90m (£79m).

The news came just days before the Blue verbally agreed to sign Joao Felix on loan from Atletico Madrid with the Portuguese potentially able to strike up an exciting partnership should Kolo Muani also walk through the door this month.

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Mendy made mistakes last season however we can't say categorically that Pope was better than him. A lot of the names you mentioned are not even playing for Newcastle. Isak only scored 6 league goals last season. Wilson is good but again injury prone and has inconsistent patches himself. Basically what is getting Newcastle where they are is not individual quality (bar Almiron asides) but a team spirit.

again I never said we should pursue them

but what I was saying is that I (at the beginning of the season) for sure would have taken (all things being equal) those players listed over the players I compared them too

we had SHIT for CFs

Auba?? Come on, Broja? Never have been sold and that was pre injury

I already explained KK (and for SURE, due to the cash, Fofana) v Botman

Bruno is a no brainer

and I long ago fell off the Mendy bandwagon, he was a one season wonder

Kepa was a crazy bad mistake, all because Marina stupidly thought that she could twist Cuntois' arm into renewing (this was during 2016/17 season, which should have been his last one with us), so instead of selling him THE YEAR BEFORE we ended up doing so to Real Madrid (they would have paid 80m-90m plus for him in summer 2017) and buying Alisson (that was when he was still only part time with Roma) or Oblak (whose release clause was then €20m less than it is now) in that 2017 summer window.

Edited by Vesper

40 minutes ago, Stats said:

You're right. Chelsea can't operate in the same way as Newcastle but there is a case for waiting to invest in the right player in the market than looking for immediate fixes. Club signed Koulibaly and Auba in the summer and are now replacing them in six months. The new signing Felix is a 6 month loan deal on big wages, very high loan fee with no option to buy. We will be back to the same situation in summer 2023.

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

enzo celebrates its goal with a gesture that seems "I will stay"

well he will not come to Chelsea

tbh don't bother me because lets face the true, 130M€ is a insane fee of money

Im happy that Chelsea will not go forward with this madness deal 

I am curious about one thing with all those saying Enzo at 100m was way too much - What would be your midfield signing(s) ?

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am curious about one thing with all those saying Enzo at 100m was way too much - What would be your midfield signing(s) ?

It's just coping mechanism for us fucking up the deal, I'm pretty sure most are aware this guy was special and was worth it.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

It's just coping mechanism for us fucking up the deal, I'm pretty sure most are aware this guy was special and was worth it.

It's actually not a coping mechanism, he's not worth 120 million yet. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

That depends upon whether we keep our existing midfield trio (Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic) or not. 

I'm more curious as to whether you actually believe splashing 120 million on a single player (who hasn't actually proven anything at club level) will somehow elevate Chelsea back into the top 4 fight?

We have significant holes and issues all over the squad.  You look at GK, question marks over Mendy & Kepa.  You look at RB, Azpi is well and truly cooked and teams will continue to target him on that flank.  You look at midfield, we need a new Kante.     You look at the attacking roles, we need a clean out.  

Right now our squad is no better than 8th place and if you honestly believe a combination of Auba, Havertz, Pulisic & Ziyech will somehow get us to 6th place in the league, the best thing to do would be: wake up from your dream.