Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Have to admit that I don't see €120m worth in the highlight videos but I'm biting my tongue because I didn't see the World Cup. When assessing a player though, it is necessary to judge the input, not the output. Just because a player does extraordinarily well, does not mean it's always an indication of extraordinary ability. Sometimes it really is just your day, your month, or your year.

Last season people were telling me that my prediction from five or six years ago that Connor did not look to be a Chelsea level player was wrong. Now, his name regularly appears on sell lists. I'm not saying that I have been proven right, Connor may still show that I missed something when he was a youth team player. It is clear however that some are now concluding last season may just have been great 'moment' for him, and not an indicator that he is a great player.

I think what I'm saying boils down to form is temporary, class is permanent. The €120m question is which is the case with Enzo, but I'm not in a position to answer that question.

World Cup performances can also be deceiving as we have seen before. Maybe not for him as from what I’ve seen (CL games mainly) and read hes doing well with Benfica so far (only half a season though) but it has also clouded judgement of clubs in the past on certain players. Not going to pretend like some on here will by saying they’ve watched Enzo Fernandez playing for River Plate and Defensa y Justicia but I am sure someone will say they’ve seen him play from there and that it was obvious he would be whatever he will be then. Theres always one 😂

No doubt he is a good young player, 100%, but I really don’t think hes better than Jude Bellingham. If we could get him or Bellingham for €127m or whatever, I would take Bellingham every single day of the week. I still don’t think we will get Fernandez this January, too much bad blood over this deal already. Or get Bellingham at all.

I think TB & co fucked it the minute they went back on their word.

Edited by OneMoSalah

35 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Again a lot of revisionism around Rom - yeah, easy to judge now, but then… He may not be the brightest egg in the basket, but let's remember we were in as situation where getting an efficient striker was vital for our functioning and ending 5 years long suffering. Tuchel prioritized getting one to go any further perhaps. Problem was, there literally wasn't any available. Board could shrug this off or go all in. Lakakka was banging one after another in Inter, seemed motivated, got himself ripped, seemed to improve work ethics… on paper, it was not cheap, but not a ridiculous move. He turned out knobhead, that's a different story. However let's not forget the only other options was to get Icardi for the same money, or try to get Lewy or Benzema, yeah, good luck

But that's the problem, we just looked at the top line and thought adding a poacher to a team that created loads of chances takes us up a level without realizing we created said chances because of excellent link up play and elite movement and pressing, all of which Lukaku can't perform to even an average level. And he already "turned knobhead" at United and even here once before so we can't play the blindsided card on that one.

No hindsight needed, it was a clear disaster from the get go.

Edited by Tomo

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I have a hard time believing this is not dead unless Costa has a change of heart which I doubt, we won't pay the buyout, if only the American at least lowballed with something closer to what he promised initially maybe Benfica wouldn't be as pissed but now it's likely dead in the water unless some miraculous turn of events.

16 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I have a hard time believing this is not dead unless Costa has a change of heart which I doubt, we won't pay the buyout, if only the American at least lowballed with something closer to what he promised initially maybe Benfica wouldn't be as pissed but now it's likely dead in the water unless some miraculous turn of events.

Such a negative nelly you, just because some prick with a blue tick posts something on twitter doesn't mean it's the gospel truth, your problem is you don't like potter or TB, when we sign Enzo you will have another excuse and then another, TB not going anywhere, sure o heard he couldn't see the club for 10 years? Maybe that's bullshit I dunno.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Such a negative nelly you, just because some prick with a blue tick posts something on twitter doesn't mean it's the gospel truth, your problem is you don't like potter or TB, when we sign Enzo you will have another excuse and then another, TB not going anywhere, sure o heard he couldn't see the club for 10 years? Maybe that's bullshit I dunno.

Can you and people alike just stop posting already with this twitter blue tick posts, everyone knows this is true, there is more than enough evidence its just that some of you are completely refusing to accept it and keep defending the clearly idiocy that happened.

Ask yourself this why was Benfica willing to negotiate from 1st January to 3rd and after that suddenly out of the moon said we only accept buyout clause or nothing, why did the Benfica coach went on a tirade in his presser and no it wasn't Enzo just skipping training and going to Argentina because that happened on 2nd January and Benfica was still willing to negotiate the next day. It's clear as day the reason negotiations stopped was because of the lowball, they tried changing terms from the moment the got at the table on 1st January and Benfica still gave the American a chance and told him to resolve this in 48h otherwise no deal, and after that was happened still lowballed.

Why would Potter matter I don't even talk about him a lot because there are much more problems than just him, and if we don't sign Enzo (which is pretty likely) you will pretend he wasn't worth it, and of course when we get Mudryc by overpaying more than Arsenal you will say it was a shrewd business by the owner. 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Also way to go by saying I don't like the American as if I'm the problem. Almost everyone here realizes he sucks at this point, there is no denying it, if anything you should ask yourself why you defend him what has he done good since the summer to warrant trust in him.

I don't care if he is here for the next 10 or 100 years to be honest, I'm not gonna pat him on his back and tell him great job mister when he gets takes a wrong decision one after another. When he starts taking good decisions, people will show up and start praising him no problem, but don't be surprised people are angry with him and rightfully criticize all his dumb decisions thus far it's how democracy works.

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Tariq Lamptey

overrated atm IMHO

he has only started one league game so far for Brighton, and then two league cup games, with one of those being an emergency LB, not at RB

only 555 minutes so far toal, all comps

ironic as he left us because he knew he would never be the starting RB here as long as we had Reece

he also missed around 300 days with various injuries (mostly a recurrent hamstring issue) over a year and a half span

53b2ee9243f262d145fddc77bc34d1f3.png

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

However let's not forget the only other options was to get Icardi for the same money, or try to get Lewy or Benzema, yeah, good luck

those were NOT the 'only other options', in summer 2021, not even close

smdh

Have you already forgotten the whole Håland thing??

In summer 2021 I was pushing hard (and before 2021 as well) for Dusan Vlahovic (then at Fiorentina) and  Victor Osimhen (and in 2020 and 2019 as well)

plus, zero chance Icardi would have cost anywhere remotely near Rom (not that I ever said to pursue Icardi by then)

by the summer of 2021 Icardi had already collapsed and was benched at PSG, he went on to only score 5 goals all comps all season, and then was loaned to Galatasaray

23 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Job well done here, on to Sangare, Alvarez and Rice.

clown show

if we do not sort this (and THAT looks almost impossible) we may have made an enemy for life of Enzo

would not be shocked at all if he comes back in the future with another team and kicks us in the jacobs

we hung the kid out to dry

that is bad fucking karma

Now as a man is like this or like that,
according as he acts and according as he behaves, so will he be;
a man of good acts will become good, a man of bad acts, bad;
he becomes pure by pure deeds, bad by bad deeds;

And here they say that a person consists of desires,
and as is his desire, so is his will;
and as is his will, so is his deed;
and whatever deed he does, that he will reap.

0d2cf2de43ec078246cfaf4160f20f84.png

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

clown show

if we do not sort this (and THAT looks almost impossible) we may have made an enemy for life of Enzo

would not be shocked at all if he comes back in the future with another team and kicks us in the jacobs

we hung the kid out to dry

that is bad fucking karma

Now as a man is like this or like that,
according as he acts and according as he behaves, so will he be;
a man of good acts will become good, a man of bad acts, bad;
he becomes pure by pure deeds, bad by bad deeds;

And here they say that a person consists of desires,
and as is his desire, so is his will;
and as is his will, so is his deed;
and whatever deed he does, that he will reap.

0d2cf2de43ec078246cfaf4160f20f84.png

I imagine the player is pretty pissed, tell him and his agent you we're going to pay the release amount and after lowball while the player started to force the move, despicable move, easily one of the most shameless moves I've seen in football.

33 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I imagine the player is pretty pissed, tell him and his agent you we're going to pay the release amount and after lowball while the player started to force the move, despicable move, easily one of the most shameless moves I've seen in football.

I smell Behdad Eghbali all over that tbh. He has popped up lately far more and seems to be taking a more active role.

It's a typical hedge fund/venture capitalist (which is how he made his billions) move.

we are a commodity to them

listed between Chef's Cut beef jerky and CompuDyne

smdh

ce3d30f731aaae1e66bf19c56d70d0df.png

Edited by Vesper

It is what it is... Great player but the more you think about it the more it makes sense for us stop being taken for absolute mugs In the transfer market. I have a feeling we will start to find our very own Enzos with the new recruitment team. 

I know it hurts and feels like Bohely and Co have let us down but if you really think about it, they are serious business people who know alot more than what we do behind the scenes...

You're just going to have to suck this one up.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

It is what it is... Great player but the more you think about it the more it makes sense for us stop being taken for absolute mugs In the transfer market. I have a feeling we will start to find our very own Enzos with the new recruitment team. 

I know it hurts and feels like Bohely and Co have let us down but if you really think about it, they are serious business people who know alot more than what we do behind the scenes...

You're just going to have to suck this one up.

Yeah right and next week we will see Mudryc bid accepted where we overpaid 20M more than Arsenal.

Edited by TheHulk