Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, whats happening said:

i am so tired of every god damn transfer has to be dragged for days and weeks. 

For a 100m+ transfer, this is progressing quite quickly. Itll be wrapped up this week if the journos are anything to go by

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

I look at him in a similar mould to Bellingham, and the likes of Lampard and Gerrard before him in regards to position and the need for freedom. You could play him defensively and he'll do a job but it limits his full skillset. When you're talking about a £100m+ player, you want to really be building the team to ensure you maximise him.

For me, that means long term he plays alongside a more defensive minded player that allows him to play his game freely as a box to box type.

Yeah he plays next to Florentina Luis who is a DM. 

If we can pull out Enzo now we should hope west ham go down and we can get Rice on discount. I believe he is the best CDM option on the market despite the hate.

If we manage to fix the midfield I believe a lot of people will be surprised by Ziyech, Pulisic and co.

41 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah he plays next to Florentina Luis who is a DM. 

Yep, it would mean then trying to get a genuine DM in the summer - Rice, Caicedo, someone of that ilk.

I would probably prefer someone that is more physically imposing alongside him in the middle.

The Enzo move itself has been extremely surprising considering the numbers we already have in that area. That we’re also talking about an additional midfielder after signing Enzo is insane. And I do indeed see journalists saying we are. 

But how does that square with us offering J5 and Kante new contracts? We gonna have a squad with 10 central midfielders in it? Surely some have to go. Zakaria will go in the summer for certain, but 2 out of Gallagher, Kante, Jorginho, and RLC have to go as well for us to make room for Enzo + someone else if that’s the plan.

Because remember we also have Carney who will be a great player I think as well as Casadei within the next couple of years. Plus this new Brazilian kid we just bought! 

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Enzo move itself has been extremely surprising considering the numbers we already have in that area. That we’re also talking about an additional midfielder after signing Enzo is insane. And I do indeed see journalists saying we are. 

But how does that square with us offering J5 and Kante new contracts? We gonna have a squad with 10 central midfielders in it? Surely some have to go. Zakaria will go in the summer for certain, but 2 out of Gallagher, Kante, Jorginho, and RLC have to go as well for us to make room for Enzo + someone else if that’s the plan.

Because remember we also have Carney who will be a great player I think as well as Casadei within the next couple of years. Plus this new Brazilian kid we just bought! 

Maybe we are offering J5 a contract as a cleaner to have around the grounds... because let's face it, a mop and bucket is all he is good for.

37 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

If we can pull out Enzo now we should hope west ham go down and we can get Rice on discount. I believe he is the best CDM option on the market despite the hate.

If we manage to fix the midfield I believe a lot of people will be surprised by Ziyech, Pulisic and co.

Yeah if the money's there to be spent I'd definitely still go for Rice in the summer. Enzo/Rice/Mount/Kovacic as options in midfield would set us up for years with top quality and if Kante extends he would complete the lot for the next 1-2 seasons and play occasionally when fit.

Release Jorginho and try to sell RLC and Gallagher to make room.

Definitely agree that it's easier to get the current attacking duds to play better if the midfield was a functioning unit filled with good options.

19 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He was pictured driving into Benfica's training ground this morning though. The photo was posted on Fabrizio Romano's twitter and originally reported by some Portuguese media.

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah if the money's there to be spent I'd definitely still go for Rice in the summer. Enzo/Rice/Mount/Kovacic as options in midfield would set us up for years with top quality and if Kante extends he would complete the lot for the next 1-2 seasons and play occasionally when fit.

Release Jorginho and try to sell RLC and Gallagher to make room.

Definitely agree that it's easier to get the current attacking duds to play better if the midfield was a functioning unit filled with good options.

He was pictured driving into Benfica's training ground this morning though. The photo was posted on Fabrizio Romano's twitter and originally reported by some Portuguese media.

Could be clearing out the locker and saying good bye to his team mates.