Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Anyone calling Sterling and Cucurella duds are short-sighted fools honestly. A season where we have had a managerial change, injuries and not a settled team is going to cause imbalance to any team and some players will take time. I mean who knows Sterling may not improve but he may well do. How anyone can blame the board for buying him is just stupid. He looked better at City than Jesus did, but Jesus has joined a team which are more settled and have a clear style. We don't so give him a chance and wait for things to fall into place. Our so called support are just knee-jerk supporters. It will take 2 games for Sterling to score then suddenly the views will change. Got a long way to go until we can them failures.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Anyone calling Sterling and Cucurella duds are short-sighted fools honestly. A season where we have had a managerial change, injuries and not a settled team is going to cause imbalance to any team and some players will take time. I mean who knows Sterling may not improve but he may well do. How anyone can blame the board for buying him is just stupid. He looked better at City than Jesus did, but Jesus has joined a team which are more settled and have a clear style. We don't so give him a chance and wait for things to fall into place. Our so called support are just knee-jerk supporters. It will take 2 games for Sterling to score then suddenly the views will change. Got a long way to go until we can them failures.

I won't support a man City Scouse snake no matter how many goals he scores (and he wont, he will be on the bench once nkunku comes in). Noone spoke about cucu either. Boehly is the knee jerker spending 150m on dregs like sterling and auba, and injury prone fofana. Bringing in experts like vivell and shields was the smartest thing he ever did because he will never have the sporting knowhow to know a 443 formation doesn't exist. Its obvious he hasn't really watched football in the past and is just an investor.

Roman loved the club and sport and never treated it as an investment opportunity. He pumped millions in without saying a word. Like mourinho used to tell him "Pay Mr Abramovich, pay and don't speak." He sold the club at a loss because he loved the club and didn't want to see us destroyed by sanctions. On the other hand Boehly sacked our CL winning manager because he didn't want a swept up Ronaldo. He sacked him for a yes man like potter and is hiring more yes men to make transfers so they can be scapegoated like Tuchel was.

Tuchel should been given time and funds to transition the team to 433. Instead he was put under pressure, in a window where not many targets were available. He was forced to sign these players just to make up numbers, where a knowing owner would've written off the season and encouraged him to bring through some youngsters instead.

These are the reasons I will never support fat boehly the way I supported Abramovich. Investment and love aren't in the same category.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I wasn't comparing 

I didn’t take that as comparing. Just that the club has produced two players that developed into first team players at big clubs. The idea of gambling on young talent, is there will be duds, but when several of them hit, the gamble is worth it.

2 hours ago, Hashishi said:

I won't support a man City Scouse snake no matter how many goals he scores (and he wont, he will be on the bench once nkunku comes in). Noone spoke about cucu either. Boehly is the knee jerker spending 150m on dregs like sterling and auba, and injury prone fofana. Bringing in experts like vivell and shields was the smartest thing he ever did because he will never have the sporting knowhow to know a 443 formation doesn't exist. Its obvious he hasn't really watched football in the past and is just an investor.

Roman loved the club and sport and never treated it as an investment opportunity. He pumped millions in without saying a word. Like mourinho used to tell him "Pay Mr Abramovich, pay and don't speak." He sold the club at a loss because he loved the club and didn't want to see us destroyed by sanctions. On the other hand Boehly sacked our CL winning manager because he didn't want a swept up Ronaldo. He sacked him for a yes man like potter and is hiring more yes men to make transfers so they can be scapegoated like Tuchel was.

Tuchel should been given time and funds to transition the team to 433. Instead he was put under pressure, in a window where not many targets were available. He was forced to sign these players just to make up numbers, where a knowing owner would've written off the season and encouraged him to bring through some youngsters instead.

These are the reasons I will never support fat boehly the way I supported Abramovich. Investment and love aren't in the same category.

It's pointless discussing Sterling then as you've just shown above that you have an agenda against him regardless of what he does here.

Regarding the ownership you can't have it both ways. In one instance you're praising Abramovich for buying players from Mourinho's say-so, but then critical of Boehly for doing essentially the same thing with Tuchel. Whether it was first choice targets or not, it's been widely reported that the new signings were his choices and he was happy with who we brought into the club. 

It's easy to romanticise now and forget that in the early days, Roman too got sucked in with agents and people around him and bought some duds. No one is going to have a perfect strike rate on transfers and it does seem ridiculous to judge a situation so soon, seemingly because that is what us Chelsea fans are now accustomed to - immediate success and results or significant changes made. 

At present I can only take Boehly at my own face value. He did what was needed to be done in the summer and leant on people to do that. It was a rushed window due to the club's circumstances and a steep learning curve for him. Following this, the moves he has made in the scouting and recruitment areas of the club look to be very positive with a structure being built that a lot of people have requested for years now. I also like what has been mooted regarding a planned club network operating below Chelsea. 

But I'm realistic to know that all of these things take time and the opportunity to see things play out.

12 hours ago, DDA said:

You guys are never fucking happy. I personally love what's going on. Purchasing some great talent and still being linked to ready made players who most teams want. 

hat the fuck do you people want?

I think a lot of those youngsters have a great shot at being super players

Carney Chukwuemeka (18)
🇺🇸 Gabriel Slonina (18)
🇮🇹 Cesare Casadei (18)
🇯🇲 Omari Hutchinson (19)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮Zak Sturge (18) super size for a LB, and pacey as hell
🔜 🇨🇮 David Datro Fofana (19)
🔜 🇧🇷 Andrey Santos (18)
🔜 🇩🇪 Youssoufa Moukoko (18)
🔜 🇷🇺 Arsen Zakharyan (19)

plus toss in (hopefully, as I do not think we can pull Bellingham or Enzo) 

Romeo Lavia (DMF) and/or Moises Caicedo ..........screw dumping £120m or so on Rice

Manu Kone (hybrid DMF)

HOPEFULLY Gvardiol (so tough) or if not, one of the 3 left footers (Evan Ndicka or Piero Hincapié or Gonçalo Inácio)

and perhaps Mohamed Simakan (who can play RB too)

Barcelona wanted to sign Bundesliga prodigy in January, but were denied by La Liga

https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-wanted-to-sign-teenage-striker-in-january-2023-but-were-denied-by-la-liga/

vfl-wolfsburg-v-borussia-dortmund-bundesliga-1-scaled.jpg

According to the latest reports from Gerard Romero, Barcelona were very keen on signing Borussia Dortmund striker Youssoufa Moukoko in the upcoming January transfer window. However, the Catalans were denied the move by La Liga due to the lack of Fair Play margin.

Moukoko has been in splendid form in the ongoing campaign, having managed a return of six goals and four assists from just 14 Bundesliga matches prior to the World Cup break.

On the back of his performances, the 18-year-old also earned a call-up to the German national team for the Qatar World Cup.

With his contract with the Black and Yellows expiring at the end of the ongoing season, the striker has become a man-in-demand in the transfer market.

Barcelona have been gunning to sign Moukoko, although it was reported that the club would only consider signing him on a Bosman deal in the summer. At the same time, there has been interest from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.

Now, though, Romero is reporting that Barça were intent on pushing through Moukoko’s transfer in the winter window itself.

To that end, they even approached La Liga to assess whether they can carry out the move because of their Fair Play issues. However, the journalist reports that the Blaugrana were given a firm ‘NO’ by the Spanish top flight.

As reported by Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are currently exceeding the Fair Play margin by around €30 million. It means that the club are no longer in a position to operate on the 1:1 rule in the market either.

So, signing Moukoko would be difficult in the winter as they would not only have to pay a transfer fee but also accommodate his wages.

However, a summer move for the 18-year-old striker is not off the table, with Barcelona still in the hunt in what is described as a very open race for the Borussia Dortmund forward.

Edited by Vesper

18 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Can I ask where has this Yes man potter thing come from exactly? 

53 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Can I ask where has this Yes man potter thing come from exactly? 

From the fact tuchel was sacked because he didn't believe in the "vision". Best thing to solve that is to employ a yes man.

5 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

From the fact tuchel was sacked because he didn't believe in the "vision". Best thing to solve that is to employ a yes man.

What a moronic way of thinking, sorry but, your a very short sighted bloke.

Just now, Hashishi said:

non sequitur

you cannot infer that Potter is a yes man simply because Tuchel clashed with ownership

and we were playing horrid football at the end of Tuchel's reign

I am not going to hit the panic button at thsi point

the decisions made under Roman's last 5 years all combined to get us to this point

yes, we won the CL again in that time, and the World Club championship (finally) and the Super Cup (for the first time under Roman), but transfer and contract-wise we were in the mud, plus the new stadium was shelved, two long term issues that will fuck us for years (and already have)