Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 17/12/2022 at 20:18, Tomo said:

I think what @OhForAGreavsieis saying is Lukaku wouldn't have suddenly developed what he didn't have if he played a few more games. He's got the exact same flaws now he did when he was "only 21" (the constant line thrown at me when I said he wasn't good enough back then).

Lukaku's transfer (to Everton) basically funding most of Diego Costa's fee has to be up there with the best business we've ever done.

You're telling me Lukaku wouldn't have done better than Torres, Falcao, Morata, Michy, etc?

Cherry picking one positive out of all the negatives to follow doesn't make up for them.

Edited by LAM09

33 minutes ago, whats happening said:

wonder whats emi martinez's price is...

I was lobbying for him so hard when Arsenal were offloading him.

He is an absolute prole apparently but had huge impact today. He and their midfield were tremendous in Argentina's cup run. Just their defenders were utter shite.

Maradona is hailed as one of the greats cos he carrried an average Argentina team to the WC title.

Messi is the goat cos he carried an average Argentina team whose dipshit defenders actively sabotaged the effort.

56 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is an absolute prole apparently but had huge impact today. He and their midfield were tremendous in Argentina's cup run. Just their defenders were utter shite.

Maradona is hailed as one of the greats cos he carrried an average Argentina team to the WC title.

Messi is the goat cos he carried an average Argentina team whose dipshit defenders actively sabotaged the effort.

What's a prole??

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You're telling me Lukaku wouldn't have done better than Torres, Falcao, Morata, Michy, etc?

Cherry picking one positive out of all the negatives to follow doesn't make up for them.

Regarding Torres, Michy and Falcao it's irrelevant because he made it clear back in 2014 he wasn't accepting anything other than undisputed number one so if he had the roles they all had he'd have caused a locker room stink.

Given the standards he set himself with his actions the only fair comparison is with the player who had the role he wanted and any version of him falls embarrassingly short compared to prime Diego Costa in almost every aspect.

Regarding Morata, two wrongs don't make a right, we should have ignored both of them and gone all out for Auba. However that said if someone pointed a gun to my head and told me to name the lesser evil out of the versions of the two we had then it would be the Spaniard.

Edited by Tomo

17 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Maybe because Nkunku actually has the technical ability to play out wide and through the middle like a certain Eden Hazard? 

The problem with Havertz is that he offers nothing in terms of creativity/team play if he's not scoring goals.   As I've said multiple times in the past, Havertz should leave for Bayern Munich if he wants to be a star player and get goals/assists for fun.  At Chelsea, he will always struggle because he's definitely not a striker built to play in the Premier League and I'm not sure why any manager would bother to play him as a #10/support striker. 

To be honest I don't know Nkunku well but from what I do know he's another one who plays behind a main striker (that we don't really have for next year unless somebody is counting on Aubameyang to be that guy.

We have two classic wingers, who aren't really performing. If I have to bet, one of them won't be here next year.

We have one Striker who is way over his peak and got booted by a team we used to miles ahead of. Now the tables are pretty much turned.

Nkunku could be a great player, is he what this club really needs? I don't think so.

Edited by turgi

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Enzo Fernandez is top class, I really hope Liverpool don't get him as they'll be set up for the next decade. 

5 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Enzo Fernandez is top class, I really hope Liverpool don't get him as they'll be set up for the next decade. 

It's going to be a stab in the heart if he signs for either City or Liverpool to be honest. 

Think signing Enzo genuinely takes us like 10 steps forward. 

only ready-to-go left footed CBs of Chels quality

Josko Gvardiol of course is by far the best, but if we miss out, then:

Alessandro Bastoni (zero chance he leaves if Skriniar does, and he will be insanely hard a pull no matter what)
Pau Torres not sold on him
Benoît Badiashile not sold on him, he is a giant (1.95m)

Presnel Kimpembe (last summer I can recco him, due to age, if we buy him this coming summer, we get 2 full sub 30yo seasons, he turns 30 in summer 2025, WC 2026 will be his last, but he also likely doesn't want to leave PSG, I would not, as long as Mbappe is there and Real is not calling for Kimpembe, which they never will I feel pretty sure of, plus he is a native Parisian)

Aymeric Laporte (turns 30 at the end of next season)

then the 3 I would seriously look at if no Gvardiol:

Evan Ndicka (this is who I would go for, 1.92m, pacey, 23yo, proven in Europe (won the Europa League and has played well in the CL, clean sheeted Spuds, bossed Son, Kane, Richarlison)

Arsenal 'agree deal for Eintracht Frankfurt's Evan Ndicka' - Sports Mole

Gonçalo Inácio 21yo with Sporting

Gonçalo Inácio 🇵🇹 (@Goncaloinacio25) / Twitter

Piero Hincapié (lots of rumours link him with us) he turns 21yo in 3 weeks, not the tallest CB (1.83 or 1.84m depending on where you look) but great on the ball

Chelsea make first move in bid to land Ecuador World Cup star ahead of  rivals - Mirror Online

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's going to be a stab in the heart if he signs for either City or Liverpool to be honest. 

Think signing Enzo genuinely takes us like 10 steps forward. 

I would prefer Bellingham

yes, Jude will be £120-130m or so,

but Enzo will be over £100m too, £104.5m ie €120m, the pound is sliding big versus the Euro atm)

I have seen zero other confirmation of that Marca last week claim Enzo release clause is only £77m, I think that was rubbish

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

but Enzo will be over £100m too, £104.5m ie €120m, the pound is sliding big versus the Euro atm

And the highest energy prices on the planet. Oh the joys of Brexit.

To be fair, the energy prices are more to do with the incompetence of the government than directly with Brexit but nobody reads the small print. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

everyone of the following players have question marks (some massive) looming over their heads

almost the entire squad

we are terribly unsettled

Edouard Mendy 
Kepa Arrizabalaga   
Marcus Bettinelli 
Wesley Fofana
Kalidou Koulibaly
Thiago Silva (how much longer will he stay?)
Marc Cucurella 
Ben Chilwell  (only listed due to injuries)
César Azpilicueta
Jorginho 
N'Golo Kanté 
Denis Zakaria (play him more)
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Mason Mount    (mainly his contract situ)
Kai Havertz  
Hakim Ziyech
Raheem Sterling
Christian Pulisic 
Armando Broja
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 

plus (sell them all except Colwill and maybe CHO)

Ethan Ampadu
Abdul-Rahman Baba      
Romelu Lukaku
Malang Sarr  
Callum Hudson-Odoi  
Levi Colwill 
Ian Maatsen
Dujon Sterling
Tino Anjorin
Tiémoué Bakayoko

On 18/12/2022 at 04:24, bigbluewillie said:

Being SS and german is no recommendation🤭

Legia Warsaw fans in 2017

https://www.scmp.com/sport/soccer/article/2105520/uefa-hits-polish-club-disciplinary-charge-over-banner-honouring-nazi

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

''...and on one occasion, a giant banner which claimed the European governing body put money ahead of football'' - haha in other news, bears shit in woods, pope wears funny hat.....