Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

CFs (some are basically impossible in January, like Osimhen)

Victor Osimhen
Dušan Vlahović   

João Félix  
Lautaro Martínez  
Jonathan David 
Ivan Toney 
Amine Gouiri 
Arnaut Danjuma
Ollie Watkins
Randal Kolo Muani 
Youssoufa Moukoko    
Marcus Thuram
Aleksandar Mitrović 
Noah Okafor
Gonçalo Ramos  
Evanilson  
Benjamin Sesko   

Breel Embolo
Wissam Ben Yedder
Duván Zapata

£69 million (€80m) for Dušan Vlahović in January

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/13/report-arsenal-make-contact-to-sign-69m-striker-erik-ten-hag-wants-him/

Juventus will want €80 million (£69 million) as transfer fee to let the striker, who played for Serbia at the 2022 Qatar World Cup, leave in the January transfer window, according to the report.

https://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2022/12/12-101062332/vlahovic_la_juve_la_pubalgia_e_linteresse_delle_big_cosa_dobbiamo_aspettarci

shoot me now 😒

Chelsea eye 25-year-old Mexican to replace N’Golo Kante in January

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/12/Chelsea-to-replce-ngolo-kante-by-signing-edson-alvarez-in-january-latest-news/

According to journalist Simon Phillips, via GiveMeSport (h/t Express), Chelsea could replace N’Golo Kante by signing Ajax Amsterdam midfielder Edson Alvarez in the January transfer window.

The Blues wanted to sign the Mexican international in the preceding summer window as well, but a move did not materialise. The player later shared his disappointment at missing out on an opportunity to move away from Ajax but was confident of clubs coming for him in the future.

Alvarez, who was part of the Mexican side that got knocked out of the World Cup in the group stage, has a contract with Ajax until the summer of 2025 (Transfermarkt).

Report: £47m player decided not to join Chelsea in the summer because Tuchel wanted him to play at wing-back

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-47m-player-decided-not-to-join-Chelsea-in-the-summer-because-tuchel-wanted-him-to-play-at-wing-back/

Jules Kounde was reportedly reluctant to sign for Chelsea due to the position Thomas Tuchel wanted him to play in.

According to journalist Toni Juanmarti, Kounde decided against swapping Sevilla for Stamford Bridge because Tuchel told him he’d be deployed at wing-back.

Chelsea had chased the France international throughout the warm weather transfer window, yet were beaten to the punch by Barcelona.

The Spanish side sealed the defender’s signature in a deal worth £47m, just one of several high-profile signings they managed to secure.

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Report: £47m player decided not to join Chelsea in the summer because Tuchel wanted him to play at wing-back

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-47m-player-decided-not-to-join-Chelsea-in-the-summer-because-tuchel-wanted-him-to-play-at-wing-back/

Jules Kounde was reportedly reluctant to sign for Chelsea due to the position Thomas Tuchel wanted him to play in.

According to journalist Toni Juanmarti, Kounde decided against swapping Sevilla for Stamford Bridge because Tuchel told him he’d be deployed at wing-back.

Chelsea had chased the France international throughout the warm weather transfer window, yet were beaten to the punch by Barcelona.

The Spanish side sealed the defender’s signature in a deal worth £47m, just one of several high-profile signings they managed to secure.

I wonder which choice Kounde would have made had Chelsea wanted to play him at centre-back, and Barcelona at wing-back? I know what I think, and I bet I'm not alone in thinking as I do. 🙂 

Is this season a write-off or are we still in for CL places? Moreover, how do we expect to sign Gvardiol,  Leao and Bellingham if we don't have CL next year.

I think buying young prospects and developing them like Arsenal did is our best shot because no superstars want to come to Chelsea Atm. We need to find diamonds in the rough like Martinelli and wait for them to develop.

Our best shot is to find these diamonds and wait 2-3 years for them to develop before we have a shot at getting back into CL. That is if we aren't irrelevant like spurs by then, especially with Newcastle on the up and rise.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

£69 million (€80m) for Dušan Vlahović in January

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/13/report-arsenal-make-contact-to-sign-69m-striker-erik-ten-hag-wants-him/

Juventus will want €80 million (£69 million) as transfer fee to let the striker, who played for Serbia at the 2022 Qatar World Cup, leave in the January transfer window, according to the report.

https://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2022/12/12-101062332/vlahovic_la_juve_la_pubalgia_e_linteresse_delle_big_cosa_dobbiamo_aspettarci

Really liked him when he moved to Juve but his stock has gone down there - has been injured quite a bit.

8 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Is this season a write-off or are we still in for CL places? Moreover, how do we expect to sign Gvardiol,  Leao and Bellingham if we don't have CL next year.

I think buying young prospects and developing them like Arsenal did is our best shot because no superstars want to come to Chelsea Atm. We need to find diamonds in the rough like Martinelli and wait for them to develop.

Our best shot is to find these diamonds and wait 2-3 years for them to develop before we have a shot at getting back into CL. That is if we aren't irrelevant like spurs by then, especially with Newcastle on the up and rise.

I think the year is far from over. Liverpool are dealing with injuries and a sale of the club. Tottenham are erratic. Man Utd are up for sale and who knows how that squad will do? Newcastle are not a settled team. I am not saying that we are going to for sure have a top 4 spot, but there is a lot of league to play and the teams currently there are not a lock. Now if we start dropping point like earlier, then yeah, we are not going to attract top players.