Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Dean Henderson. We gotta test the waters, surely, at the very least. 
OR if we can somehow afford it, Oblak.
But Oblak struggles with set pieces too. He is not the tallest GK and also not the most physical. But he is the best shot stopper in Europe. Even he has weaknesses

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

But Oblak struggles with set pieces too. He is not the tallest GK and also not the most physical. But he is the best shot stopper in Europe. Even he has weaknesses

If we get our defensive organization right, Oblak doesn't always have to come for set pieces. Not every keeper does it for every set piece situation anyway. For starters, being a solid stopper would be a big plus already. 

Breaking the bank for a keeper again would be madness. Only if we can manage it to be a swap with Kepa and Oblak being ready to slash his wages in half the his deal should be sanctioned otherwise it will be catastrophic. Unrealistic to happen so pass for me.
also Oblak Display in the CL final 2016 were he just stood there was one of the most shameful I have ever seen

i would like a solid young option with huge upside like cakir, Henderson or Rankovic but I would not mind an cheap stop gap who has proven to be a solid performer either like Martinez or dubravka

The financially savvy thing to do at GK is to buy a old GK that is decent then start tapping up Donnarumma and sign him on a free next Summer. 
Donnarumma is also clumsy. I have seen Milan couple of times this season and in almost every match he fucked up big time. Very clumsy

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

The financially savvy thing to do at GK is to buy a old GK that is decent then start tapping up Donnarumma and sign him on a free next Summer. 

Problem with Donnarumma is, his agent is Mino Raiola and the club have not been very keen to deal with him. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Problem with Donnarumma is, his agent is Mino Raiola and the club have not been very keen to deal with him. 

Yeah. I know, Mino is a real fu*ker. However, sometimes you need to bite the bullet. For instance in 12-24 months Haaland is going to be on the market. I know we probably have very little chance of getting him (I reckon he goes to City) but it would be insane not to try due to his agent. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Yeah. I know, Mino is a real fu*ker. However, sometimes you need to bite the bullet. For instance in 12-24 months Haaland is going to be on the market. I know we probably have very little chance of getting him (I reckon he goes to City) but it would be insane not to try due to his agent. 

Well, if Werner and Abraham continue to develop and come good for us, I don't see the need to get Haaland? 

Also gotta question whether getting the likes of Haaland and Donnarumma is worth the trouble and money. We know Raiola will ask for a huge agent fee and we also know that he sometimes likes to run his mouth in the media. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, if Werner and Abraham continue to develop and come good for us, I don't see the need to get Haaland? 

Also gotta question whether getting the likes of Haaland and Donnarumma is worth the trouble and money. We know Raiola will ask for a huge agent fee and we also know that he sometimes likes to run his mouth in the media. 

Well yeah, if Tammy starts banging them in like Haaland then no worries. However, that kid is well on course to be the generational CF. Of course the wheels could come off for him in the next two years but if they do not, you have to go for a player like that if you're an ambitious club. Cu*t agent or not. 

As for Donnarumma, yeah I guess he may not be worth it. However, he only has a year left and we've blown £141m on Kepa, so corners are going to have to be cut somewhere. If it is Onana or having to deal with Mino's sound bites in the media, I go for Donnarumma. 

As I have said before, I have not seen Cakir or Rajkovic. So, maybe they are great but I am not someone who recommends/dismisses a player based on stats and youtube highlights. 

I just want to see a keeper who can dominate anything that gets close to him in the air and is calm with his feet. Doesn't have to be Ederson or Allison level with his distribution but someone who as at least decent.

Would be a bonus to get a commanding, extremely vocal general back there who organizes everything. 

Onana for me. Ticks all boxes. Shot-stopping, crosses, commanding, strength, ball-playing and he's very much available for a reasonable fee. I wouldn't mind Dean Henderson but United will not let go of him. If a swap deal with Kepa is the only way to getting a new GK, I'll take that too.