Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apart from Ziyech they are all more finishers than creators. a bit more creative input from the fullbacks wont hurt

Kai, Werner and Hakim all have more assists this season than any Chelsea player. I think they are all more creative than what we have now.

For next season it depends on setup.

City and Liverpool both have 5 very offensive players but in different setup.

Liverpool 3 strikers and 2 FBs. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Robertson and TAA.

Man.City 3 strikers and 2 AMs. Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez, B.Silva, KDB.

None of Pool midfielders do much offensively just like City full backs.

With Kai, Timo, Hakim and Puli we need one more offensively oriented player to have same balance as them. 

I would go with LB. So this is 5. And we have Azpi as RB (defensively oriented FB) plus I would go with Kante and Kovacic as 2 MFs behind Kai. 

This is why when we play James (not good defensively) we go with Azpi as LB or 5 at the back. James-Alonso/Emerson I think we used just once this season because they are shit defensively.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

is there even a left back with some defensive qualities? how come every one of them is only good in attack

Because about ten years ago everyone was masturbating over Barca's tika taka so a lot of clubs had their youth teams set up their coaching to produce similar type players. This is also why there are hardly any decent CB's knocking about either as quality on the ball was prized over defensive fundamentals. 

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

So is onana actually any good? Seen him v us obviously but can't remember much of him. Is he that much of an upgrade on the tube we've got now (I know that's not hard)

Apparently he is very talented, playing at the highest level for some years, and would not cost a lot.

18 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

So is onana actually any good? Seen him v us obviously but can't remember much of him. Is he that much of an upgrade on the tube we've got now (I know that's not hard)

Better than Kepa but still error-prones according to Ajax fans.

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Better than Kepa but still error-prones according to Ajax fans.

Yeah, I have been doing a bit more research on Onana recently. From what I have seen, he is one of those GK's that cannot handle anything and pushes everything away, a lot of time back into dangerous areas. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I have been doing a bit more research on Onana recently. From what I have seen, he is one of those GK's that cannot handle anything and pushes everything away, a lot of time back into dangerous areas. 

I do not rate him at all.

Just now, killer1257 said:

I also said in the transfer target thread that he is a very clumsy GK, but stats wise he seems to be good this season.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Stats mean F all if Onana is gonna make blunders like those above. The Premier League is much more physical than the Eredivisie and we certainly don't need a keeper who is gonna flap at crosses. What's the point of having someone opposite to Kepa? Might as well just keep him then...

Stats mean F all if Onana is gonna make blunders like those above. The Premier League is much more physical than the Eredivisie and we certainly don't need a keeper who is gonna flap at crosses. What's the point of having someone opposite to Kepa? Might as well just keep him then...

Onana is definitely one of the most physical GK around and he may be even one of the most technical players out there. I think only Nick Pope catches more balls than Onana in Europe. I have read a stat saying that somewhere. Good jumping abilities too. He is just clumsy and that is his biggest issue.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Onana is definitely one of the most physical GK around and he may be even one of the most technical players out there. I think only Nick Pope catches more balls than Onana in Europe. I have read a stat saying that somewhere. Good jumping abilities too. He is just clumsy and that is his biggest issue.

And we don't need a clumsy keeper. We need a solid keeper. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

And who would you recommend?

Dean Henderson. We gotta test the waters, surely, at the very least. 

OR if we can somehow afford it, Oblak.