Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Rabiot will go where his mammy wants...

But it is most important position in Sarri system.

Here he wanted to bring Paredes even with Jorginho.

So Arthur deal does not have to mean Jorginho is off.

I know but still Paredes was always going to be a backup. Which is different. Plus I think its fair to say Arthur is a better player than Jorginho. Or so I would say.

I know there is the fact Arthurs played with Busquets in a more advanced position with Barcelona which is possible but I think Sarri wants him to play at the base of midfield. He is a replacement for Pjanic who played there. Plus they have got plenty of depth in MF and Bentancur is a very exciting prospect who has shown he can compete at the top level so I doubt theyd want to stifle his development.

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Moyes interested in Barkley. Hopefully, that discounts most of the price. I wouldn't pay more than 20m + Barkley and that is a generous upper limit

26 minutes ago, Strike said:

Moyes interested in Barkley. Hopefully, that discounts most of the price. I wouldn't pay more than 20m + Barkley and that is a generous upper limit

This transfer window seems to be opening up more questions than answers regarding the status of our squad next season. I have no idea which of the CBs will stay (on injury record and performances this season, Rudi should be first one out), which LBs would stay (both deserve to get the boot), which of the CAMs, CMs, DMs will stay

Shaping up to be one of the most intriguing windows ever.

Personally I would get:

Ake (sell Rudi) - cover for LB too

Rice (sell jorginho) - cover for CB too

Havertz (sell Barkley)

Tagliafco (sell alonso and emerson)

2020/21 squad:

GK: Kepa, Willy

LB: Tagliafco, Castillo

CB: Ake, Zouma, Tomori, Andreas

RB: Azpi, James

CM: Kante, Rice, Mount, Havertz, Kovacic, Gilmour

FWD: Ziyech, CHO, Puli, Werner, Tammy, Giroud

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Just by selling Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Moses, Drinkwater, Emerson and Batshit you are sitting on a shit ton of money...get rid.

No one is buying Zappa and Drinky. We will be lucky to find loans with their wages covered. Moses and Batsh*t will also be tough sells with their contact situations. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

No one is buying Zappa and Drinky. We will be lucky to find loans with their wages covered. Moses and Batsh*t will also be tough sells with their contact situations. 

Zappacaosta and Drinkwater can easily be sold even if it is for minimal amounts, but we all know how good Marina is at getting top dollar for total shite.

Remember, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Moses and Batsh*t will also be tough sells with their contact situations. 

Tough sells? What do you mean exactly? They both have only 1 year left on their contracts. Either we sell them now for a fee or we get nothing at all. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tough sells? What do you mean exactly? They both have only 1 year left on their contracts. Either we sell them now for a fee or we get nothing at all. 

I mean them willing to go when they still have a lot of money left for their last year. If they hold out for this year, then they keep their high wage for this year, then next year when they leave on a free they will probably pick up a higher wage than they would this Summer as they will be signed on a free. Only party who benefits financially at this point is us. Tbf, Batsh*t may agree a move owing to the Euro's. However, apart from that there is no real point from his perspective. 

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I mean them willing to go when they still have a lot of money left for their last year. If they hold out for this year, then they keep their high wage for this year, then next year when they leave on a free they will probably pick up a higher wage than they would this Summer as they will be signed on a free. Only party who benefits financially at this point is us. Tbf, Batsh*t may agree a move owing to the Euro's. However, apart from that there is no real point from his perspective. 

That is if they are really selfish and have no ambition whatsoever. Would believe that we will ship them out this summer. Don't know what the exact figures but don't think they are on big wages that others can't afford them. 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is if they are really selfish and have no ambition whatsoever. Would believe that we will ship them out this summer. Don't know what the exact figures but don't think they are on big wages that others can't afford them. 

Batsh*t is reportedly on £110k and Moses is £75-90k depending on the source. If either are close to being true, that is much higher than they are worth.

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Batsh*t is reportedly on £110k and Moses is £75-90k depending on the source. If either are close to being true, that is much higher than they are worth.

I remember reading Michy is on 90k/wk at the moment. And since he's only got a year left on his current deal, the cost of compensating the wage difference is really not that high if he agrees a move elsewhere this summer. Let's say someone buys him for roughly £10M and offers him wages of £60-70K/week, that's only around £1M that Chelsea would have to compensate for the wage difference and that's only for the first year at his new club. Batshuayi's remaining amortisation value is around £5M for the last year of his contract so anything above that in transfer fees will result in 'profit' on the books for Chelsea.

I don't think finding a buyer for Batshuayi or Moses will prove impossible, as long as the transfer fee itself is kept within reasonable amounts so Marina shouldn't get too greedy. It's players like Danny Drinkwater who are unmovable because it'd take a special kind of idiot to even consider signing him on a permanent deal and dumping him out on loan will be difficult too because no clubs even close to his level (Championship at best) can afford his wages.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

I remember reading Michy is on 90k/wk at the moment. And since he's only got a year left on his current deal, the cost of compensating the wage difference is really not that high if he agrees a move elsewhere this summer. Let's say someone buys him for roughly £10M and offers him wages of £60-70K/week, that's only around £1M that Chelsea would have to compensate for the wage difference and that's only for the first year at his new club. Batshuayi's remaining amortisation value is around £5M for the last year of his contract so anything above that in transfer fees will result in 'profit' on the books for Chelsea.

I don't think finding a buyer for Batshuayi or Moses will prove impossible, as long as the transfer fee itself is kept within reasonable amounts so Marina shouldn't get too greedy. It's players like Danny Drinkwater who are unmovable because it'd take a special kind of idiot to even consider signing him on a permanent deal and dumping him out on loan will be difficult too because no clubs even close to his level (Championship at best) can afford his wages.

Are you an accountant? :P