Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Ahead of the West Ham match, Frank Lampard was asked for his thoughts on two potential arrivals. First up was Angel Gomes and it was noticeable just how emphatic he was in dismissing it. “I can elaborate to the point where it’s never been mentioned my end, so that’s it,” he said.

meanwhile

the shit journos are pushing this

Chelsea could sign free agent as Kai Havertz transfer alternative after Timo Werner deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1303843/Chelsea-sign-free-agent-Kai-Havertz-transfer-alternative-Timo-Werner-deal-Angel-Gomes

Chelsea could make a move for former Manchester United midfielder Angel Gomes as he has now left the club. The Blues have been linked with Bayer Leverkusen ace Kai Havertz but a bid in the region of £75million may be needed to secure his signature.

lololol

Lampard on potentially signing more attacking players...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-refuses-rule-out-22297335

“I’m not completely sure what we’re going to look at in the front line. I’m not sure.

“I certainly don’t want to talk about those things because at the moment we are working towards trying to finish off this season and trying to be better in front of goal in the next five or six games or whatever we’ve got with the FA Cup included.”

Lampard on defensive signings...

“We’ll take a view on that,” he said. “Defensively the players that are here now I have to focus on.

“What happens in the summer will be what happens. I don’t want to talk too far ahead.

"It’s not the right thing to do. We’ve got a strong group and we’ve got a job to do.

"We will sit down and look at it in the summer. “

You did not believe me that big clubs do zonal marking lol. Even in this article, Lampard says that Pool does zonal marking. Now, you can search for other big teams that do that too [emoji57]

Now, back to the topic. We have tall players. When Ruben plays, we have Giroud/Tammy, Ruben, Alonso, AC and hopefully Zouma as tall players. Usually that is enough.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

You did not believe me that big clubs do zonal marking lol. Even in this article, Lampard says that Pool does zonal marking. Now, you can search for other big teams that do that emoji57.png

What the fuck? I didn't say I don't believe you. I just didn't care and I don't care what other teams do. 

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

You did not believe me that big clubs do zonal marking lol. Even in this article, Lampard says that Pool does zonal marking. Now, you can search for other big teams that do that too emoji57.png

Now, back to the topic. We have tall players. When Ruben plays, we have Giroud/Tammy, Ruben, Alonso, AC and hopefully Zouma as tall players. Usually that is enough.

The problem with those players is that: 

AC is weak in the air

RLC may stand 6'3" tall but he plays like one that is 5'7" 

Tammy is like Bambi on Ice

Zouma is good in the air but he has no finesse to his heading as whilst he gets his head to most things, God only knows where it is going. 

Giroud is very good and is on par with Drogba and Costa. 

Alonso is decent enough but doesn't have the highest levels of desire. 

Rudiger is all lost at sea on virtually every ball that comes in. 

So, all in all, we may have enough 'tall' players but most of them are bad at aerial duals, despite their height.

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Has he been spending lockdown with Mourinho? First ditching the regista's and scrapping our progressive football now this.

There are some telling quotes too that Chelsea in the late 2000s never worried, bothered about setpiece defending

Pretty sure we had a bad run with conceding setpiece goals even with tall players like Ballack Drogba Iva Terry etc

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Pretty sure we had a bad run with conceding setpiece goals even with tall players like Ballack Drogba Iva Terry etc

Bro don't be Lampard. 

Giroud 193cm, Tammy 191cm > Drogba 188cm

RLC 191cm > Ballack 189cm 

Rudiger 190cm, Christensen 188cm, Zouma 190cm > Terry 187cm, Carvalho 183cm

Alonso 188cm > Ivanovic 185cm 

IT IS NOT A HEIGHT PROBLEM! 

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

The problem with those players is that: 

AC is weak in the air

RLC may stand 6'3" tall but he plays like one that is 5'7" 

Tammy is like Bambi on Ice

Zouma is good in the air but he has no finesse to his heading as whilst he gets his head to most things, God only knows where it is going. 

Giroud is very good and is on par with Drogba and Costa. 

Alonso is decent enough but doesn't have the highest levels of desire. 

Rudiger is all lost at sea on virtually every ball that comes in. 

So, all in all, we may have enough 'tall' players but most of them are bad at aerial duals, despite their height.

With the exception of Luiz, Hazard, Pulisic and the young players, Sarri had the same squad last season and the set piece problems never became as apparent as now. We had some issues back then but I don't recall us looking like conceding from every set piece under Sarri. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Has he been spending lockdown with Mourinho? First ditching the regista's and scrapping our progressive football now this.

Feels to me like Lampard is showing the same ignorance or negligence towards defending like what Brendan Rodgers used to do at Liverpool. The way Lampard has brushed off the defensive issues or the reasons (aka poor excuses?) that he has given have been so unconvincing and concerning. 

With the exception of Luiz, Hazard, Pulisic and the young players, Sarri had the same squad last season and the set piece problems never became as apparent as now. We had some issues back then but I don't recall us looking like conceding from every set piece under Sarri. 
Didn't we concede 15 goals from set pieces last year under Sarri? I think only Cardiff was worse. I think that we faced the least corners and conceded the most percentage wise

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Didn't we concede 15 goals from set pieces last year under Sarri? I think only Cardiff was worse. I think that we faced the least corners and conceded the most percentage wise

How many of the 15 goals conceded were from corners? Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't remember us looking so vulnerable from every corner last season. Since the restart, we have looked like conceding from every corner. Conceding corners these days is like conceding penalties to the opposition.