Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Telles is easily the most sensible buy. Low fee, currently on reasonable wages, right age profile and can deliver set pieces/crosses well from the left consistently. Not the greatest at defending but that is a trade off you have to accept with modern FB's as otherwise you get a Dave/AWB then everyone complains about their lack of ability in the final third. 

----

You've just described Alonso.

10 minutes ago, Dec said:

Telles is easily the most sensible buy. Low fee, currently on reasonable wages, right age profile and can deliver set pieces/crosses well from the left consistently. Not the greatest at defending but that is a trade off you have to accept with modern FB's as otherwise you get a Dave/AWB then everyone complains about their lack of ability in the final third. 

----

Agree, seems almost carbon copy of Alonso except Telles is a bit faster and better crosser.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

----

Well if Alonso was a tad faster, then I think we wouldn't need a new FB as his lack of speed is a key issue to his brain farts as most of the time he does these as he is trying to scramble back. Telles is faster than him and a better crosser but is not as good at shooting as he is. 

If we were to get a new Left Back, I'd rather the player tactically smart rather than quick. Being quick doesn't help Zouma become a great center back, despite his tactical flaws.

3 hours ago, Azul said:

I pray that he doesn't come to Chelsea, he's overpriced and average defensively.

Now that Alaba is off the table I am 100% down for Theo Hernandez He is bigger (1.84m vs 1.79m) stronger, just as pacy, less expensive, 1 year younger (turns 23 in a several months) and better defensively than Chilwell.

The only other LB's who are remotely available who interest me are Telles and Gosens (although Gosens is more of an Alonso wingback type (1 and a half inches shorter than Alonso but far more pacy)

Ideally we would sell both Emerson and Alonso and buy Theo plus either Telles or Gosens, but that is probably a bit too much to ask

Pass on Nicolás Tagliafico, he is almost 28, is very small (1.72m)  and has never played in a Big 5 league at all, other than CL or EL He is a real dice roll in my book. Telles is the basically the same age (he is actually almost 4 months younger than Tags) and is a far better passer and has better size as well (around 10cms taller) PLUS Telles is a genius are corner and free kicks (top 5 corner kick taker in Europe from all that I have seen) He has 22 goals and 52 assists in the past 3 and 3/4ers seasons as a LB

Chillwell at £80m is madness, even £60m is a bad price, £40m and we can talk, and that is never going to happen with Leicester (they are not desperate, probably are in the CL, have billionaire owners, no huge debts, payroll, etc)

I would not be against taking Alaba on a free next year, but he (like Tags) will be 29yo then at season start or so

Alex Sandro (whom Juve ridiculously want 45m or so euros for) is 30yo in January, so his race is run and Juve can go fuck themselves

Jose Gaya is also really small and has a 100m euro release clause so hard pass

Junior Firpo has regressed at Barca, but they want 40m euros for him, lol, after buying him last year for only 18m euros, so FU to Barca as well

Rayan Aït Nouri only turned 19yo 3 weeks ago, so is so not ready to step right in

Alejandro Grimaldo is even shorter than Gaya and Tags, plus has not impressed me that much in the 5 or 6 games I have watched

Lucas Digne is a player I really rate, but Everton value him at £50-55m or so, so hard pass

Luca Pellegrini is being recalled by Juve and they said they will not sell

Layvin Kurzawa is off the table (renewed by PSG for 4 years)

Sergio Reguilón will either be bought perm by Sevilla or will go back and stay at Real Madrid

Alphonso Davies (obviously), Ferland Mendy, and Renan Lodi are basically never going to be sold now

Marcel Halstenberg is soon 29 (September) so too old to buy

Jamal Lewis is a typical overrated, overpriced English youngster from all that I have seen

Dalbert and Wendell are just not good enough

that is it, every FB I rate for a buy, and most are not doable or do not fit what we need or are too old or too small or too expensive or not for sale

Theo (clear front-runner skillset-wise plus age, size, etc)

Telles

Gosens (and we appear to have little interest in him)

are the final 3 for me

10 minutes ago, Dec said:

If we were to get a new Left Back, I'd rather the player tactically smart rather than quick. Being quick doesn't help Zouma become a great center back, despite his tactical flaws.

Zouma is fairly slow post injury

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Now that Alaba is off the table I am 100% down for Theo Hernandez He is bigger (1.84m vs 1.79m) stronger, just as pacy, less expensive, 1 year younger (turns 23 in a several months) and better defensively than Chilwell.

The only other LB's who are remotely available who interest me are Telles and Gosens (although Gosens is more of an Alonso wingback type (1 and a half inches shorter than Alonso but far more pacy)

Ideally we would sell both Emerson and Alonso and buy Theo plus either Telles or Gosens, but that is probably a bit too much to ask

Pass on Nicolás Tagliafico, he is almost 28, is very small (1.72m)  and has never played in a Big 5 league at all, other than CL or EL He is a real dice roll in my book. Telles is the basically the same age (he is actually almsot 4 month younger than tags) and is a far better passer and has better size as well (around 10cms taller) PLUS Telles is a genius are corner and free kicks (top 5 corner kick taker in Europe from all that I have seen) He has 22 goals and 52 assists in the past 3 and 3/4ers seasons as a LB

Chillwell at £80m is madness, even £60m is a bad price, £40m and we can talk, and that is never going to happen with Leicester (they are not desperate, probably are in the CL, have billionaire owners, no huge debts, payroll, etc)

I would not be against taking Alaba on a free next year, but he (like Tags) will be 29yo then at season start or so

Alex Sandro (whom Juve ridiculous want 45m or so euros for) is 30yo in January, so his race is run and Juve can go fuck themselves

Jose Gaya is also really small and has a 100m euro release clause so hard pass

Junior Firpo has regressed at barca, but they want 40m eiros for him, loll, after buying him last year for only 18m euros, so FU to Barca as well

Rayan Aït Nouri only turned 19yo 3 weeks ago, so is so not ready to step right in

Alejandro Grimaldo is even shorter than Gaya and Tags, plus has not impressed me that much in the 5 or 6 games I have watched

Lucas Digne is a player I really rate, but Everton value him at £50-55m or so, so hard pass

Luca Pellegrini is being recalled by Juve and they said they will not sell

Layvin Kurzawa is off the table (renewed by PSG for 4 years)

Sergio Reguilón will either be bought perm by Sevilla or will go back and stay at Real Madrid

Alphonso Davies (obviously), Ferland Mendy, and Rene Lodi are basically never going to be sold now

Marcel Halstenberg is soon 29 (September) so too old to buy

Jamal Lewis is a typical overrated, overpriced English youngster from all that I have seen

Dalbert and Wendell are just not good enough

that is it, every FB I rate for a buy, and most are not doable or do not fit what we need r are too old or too small or too expensive or not for sale

Theo (clear front-runner skillset-wise plus age, size, etc)

Telles

Gosens (and we appear to have little interest in him)

are the final 3 for me

Theo or Telles for me if I could choose. BC is an expensive mistake, you could get just as good for cheaper money albeit maybe a bit older.

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's not about being quick, its about moving the ball quick. The quicker we move the ball, the more chances we create. 

I was talking about Alex Telles in response to King Kante's post. For some reason, the forum software used here creates a fatal error when I quoted it.

We have to address CB issue this summer.

At least we need to try.

If spending OTT money for someone like KK or Romagnoli is a problem we should go for cheaper options like Unai Nunez, Diego Carlos or Pau Torres.

Pep and Klopp are interested in them and that is a good sign.