Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Telegraph's Matt Law is 100% an Aston Villa fan. You can see always his reaction after a Villa game. 

Thanks for the final 5% confirmation! 

I was reluctant to say 100% myself and look like a prat if it was wrong!

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

if we replace Kepa with Pickford I am going to toss myself out a window

Lol the only goalkeeper in the league who is even shorter and has even weaker arms. Not gonna happen

Declan Rice at centre-half? Pass. If we are spending anything over 40m for a centre back, it has to be an immediate jump in quality. Otherwise, we are better off just buying Ake and offloading Zouma

Edit: Or just bring back Ampadu 

1 hour ago, AOIRO said:

Ziyech

Werner

Onana 

Havertz 

Declan Rice 

Tagliafico

Biggest Summer  ever !!!

Not too sure about some of those signings. Onana is a problem as he has to disappear once every two years for six weeks, which is a massive problem at GK. Rice is a project if we buy him and not someone that will come in and do an immediate job, which is kind of what we need in the CB role. As for Tagilifico there are serious questions about his physicality and athleticism and whether he would be able to handle the PL. In my book Telles is a much smarter buy and even though I am not a fan at all I may even say Chilwell is preferable as we cannot go through another cycle of 'buy a FB and see if they adapt'. If we are doing that just go with Alonso and Maatsen next year I really cannot be bothered with another weak arse FB like Zappa, Baba and Emerson who ends up sitting around. 

GK Ugurcan Cakir or Predrag Rajkovic or IF we just want a stopgap, then go for Vicente Guaita (who would become our new, FAR better backup IF and when we dump Kepa for good)

Left-footed CB Alaba (can obviously play LB as well, allows us to sell both Emerson and Alonso) 20-25m or so cheaper than Romagnoli and far easier to pull, plus more versatile

LB Telles (Alaba and Telles can BOTH be had for close to the price of Chilwell alone) OR If we want to drop a tad more then Theo Hernandez for LB

DMF/CB  Declan Rice, BUT ONLY if we fail at Havertz (and if we fail at Havertz I would go for Theo over Telles at LB as well as Rice now, otherwise go for Rice next summer)

AMF/CF/SS/RW  Havertz

Forget Nicolás Tagliafico, he is basically the same age as Alaba (only 2 months younger) and a vastly inferior player to David, plus offers no flexibility (and is short) and now is not the time to get experimental (the bloke has never played, at almost 28 years of age, in a big 5 league, plus even IF the Eredivisie had finished, he only would have averaged around 25 league games played per year for his entire time at Ajax, 23 now per year, as it stands, and even if you add 9 more games on on top of this season's non-played ending, it is still only 28 per year, that is not good enough)

Forget Chilwell unless we are talking £45-50m, which I so doubt Leicester drops down to, I think they stay firm around £80m, he is not worth fucking ourself out of either Havertz or a WC CB, the fullbacks I listed ar all massive upgrades on what we have now

Juve are insane rating 29yo (30yo in January) Alex Sandro at 45+m euros so he is off my board (and his age worries me if we are tossing big money in terms of valuation in for him)

IF we fail on Havertz and also do not do Rice and do not do the top 2 GKers listed and just do the very inexpensive Guaita, then we really should go for Romagnoli, Alaba and Telles, all three, or if not Romagnoli, then another WC CB like Skriniar or José Giménez or Marquinhos (who can play DMF to a superb level as well, thsu negating any need for Rice atm) or even try and do a swap, Jorginho + Emerson for de Ligt

that is how I would play this

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Not too sure about some of those signings. Onana is a problem as he has to disappear once every two years for six weeks, which is a massive problem at GK. Rice is a project if we buy him and not someone that will come in and do an immediate job, which is kind of what we need in the CB role. As for Tagilifico there are serious questions about his physicality and athleticism and whether he would be able to handle the PL. In my book Telles is a much smarter buy and even though I am not a fan at all I may even say Chilwell is preferable as we cannot go through another cycle of 'buy a FB and see if they adapt'. If we are doing that just go with Alonso and Maatsen next year I really cannot be bothered with another weak arse FB like Zappa, Baba and Emerson who ends up sitting around. 

Onana and Tagliafico are very cheep , They will help us for 1-2 years .

We will add Chilwell and  SuperGK  next  few years .

Rice will play DM-position if we add SuperCB like VVD .

Mount - Rice - Gilmour  will be  future Midfielder squad.

Advanced issue found

🎯
1 hour ago, AOIRO said:

Onana and Tagliafico are very cheep , They will help us for 1-2 years .

We will add Chilwell and  SuperGK  next  few years .

Rice will play DM-position if we add SuperCB like VVD .

Mount - Rice - Gilmour  will be  future Midfielder squad.

Rice: £45m

Taglifiaco: £30m
TOTAL - £75m

Alaba: £45m

Telles: £36m

TOTAL - £81m

It's not that cheap. We could upgrade CB and LB with a lot more quality for just £6m more!

Sorry I typo'd Alaba post and an error is preventing me editing. It should read £54m. This would bring the total to £90m and £15m above Tagliafico and Rice's cost.

19 minutes ago, Dec said:

Rice: £45m

Taglifiaco: £30m
TOTAL - £75m

Alaba: £45m

Telles: £36m

TOTAL - £81m

It's not that cheap. We could upgrade CB and LB with a lot more quality for just £6m more!

those prices are off

Rice will cost far more than £45m, would be surprised if he goes for under £60m (West ham pre-Covid were saying £80-85m or so, same as Chilwell)

Tagliafico will be around £23-27m or so, as he is basically 28yo and Ajax operates in euros, he oly cost them 3.6m quid in January 2018, so they are makking a great profit either way

Same for Telles, he will go for £22 to 25m (1 year left on contract and COVID market) zero chance they get his full release clause (the £36m ie 40m euros) and Porto are really forced to sell more as he turns 28 in December,, so it isn't like you are getting a 5, 6 year starter or even a player with much resale value

Alaba at £45m (50m euros) is close, and is a fair price, but Bayern will scrap to extract max money, they are talking about £55m or so (60m euros) I think 52m euros, I think 53m euros ( £48m) or so would , 55m euros (£50m) for sure

Considering cost, talent and availability these are logical signings in order of preference -

Alaba - 50mn

Telles - 25mn

Havertz - 75mn

Oblak - 100mn (last in list cause low chances of him leaving am but can have an alisson like effect, 2nd option would be dean henderson)

Rice - 50mn (Only if we end up not buying oblak)

Total of 250mn which is heavy considering we spent 90mn already...but we become title contenders by doing so

If we sell or let go baka, batshuayi, pasalic, Barkley, Jorginho, Moses, Willian, Pedro, Giroud, Alonso, Emerson, Zouma

We can end up with 200+mn and also thats some major savings in terms of salary as well so we are balanced as far as ffp is concerned even though its relaxed

Loan out kepa with an eye to sell him in a year or 2