Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

You took away my enthusiasm. [emoji20] Joking aside, you certainly know him better than me.
Hope it goes well [emoji185]
I hope I am wrong though. Would love a German player to perform for us.Last good German player was Ballack

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I also forgot to tell that he is no world class finisher either.

Yeah right, Chelsea fans are famous for their patience and give young players the room for improvement. Chelsea fans slaughter Tammy (22 years old) every week for missing chances in PL, especially headers which is a weakness of Werner too, even when he plays injured he gets slaughtered. Why should it be different with Werner who has a lot to work on? At least get a player like Havertz or Lautaro Martinez that have higher chances of making it in Pl and are near World class and in my opinion, Lautaro is world class.

I really do not want us to play 4-4-2. Hate that system and if we play that, we need to sell 3 out of Kova RLC Barkley Billy Kante Jorgi Mount. I also do not think that Lamps is a master of 4-4-2 either.

I am not negative. I am realistic about Werner and I asked my German Chelsea friends if they agree and they seem to see the same weaknesses as I see it. I would love to be wrong though.

And you haven't slaughtered other young Chelsea players this season? 

I guess we'll agree to disagree and see how it all pans out but I'm sure you or your friends aren't the only ones who have seen Werner on a regular basis. Others do and can probably see that he is not perfect at this point but they are far more optimistic over the signing, especially in the long term. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Reported they don’t want to pay the fee. 

He’s ours 

It could still blow up in our face if Liverpool suddenly change their mind and say "fuck it, go sign him!".

Two of the best attacking talents in Europe potentially sealed and delivered before the transfer window even opens. 😂😂😂

Before qualification for next season's CL is even assured. 😂😂😂

And you haven't slaughtered other young Chelsea players this season? 
I guess we'll agree to disagree and see how it all pans out but I'm sure you or your friends aren't the only ones who have seen Werner on a regular basis. Others do and can probably see that he is not perfect at this point but they are far more optimistic over the signing, especially in the long term. 
I hope I am wrong and you are right. I am usually very good at judging players; regardless if it is youth or Chelsea first team. The only time I was wrong regarding Chelsea transfers , Chelsea Youth players or our first team was that I thought Bakoyoko would be an amazing signing for us.I also thought Filipe Luis would be better but he never got a fair chance, so I would not count him in that list. I just hope we did not fuck up the Morata money

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Two of the best attacking talents in Europe potentially sealed and delivered before the transfer window even opens. 😂😂😂

We still need to be cautions.

Many of us liked Pepe last summer, Arsenal fans were ecstatic when the got him but, while there is still time for the move to come good, it hasn't worked out as expected so far. If a player is available to Arsenal, or even Chelsea, it's because clubs higher up the food chain are not completely sold on taking him.

The story goes that Real wanted Eden in 2012, but not enough to give him realistic hopes of being a starter so he looked elsewhere. When the bigger beasts pass it gives us a chance, but we should stay realistic and appreciate that there must be a reason they have passed.

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Read some posts ago where I clarified it.
But I will tell you it again.
In my opinion, you can be physically weak as a CF and still be a top class CF in Pl, but you need to have world class technical abilities like Aguero. Lautaro Martinez clearly has that and I see in Havertz that he has that in him too. Werner does not have that. Or there is a second type of striker that can make it in PL. Tall and physically strong. An example would be Diego Costa. Tall and strong, but has very bad technical abilities. Werner is 180 cm. Reece James world class crosses will be useless for him. Tammy at least reaches those crosses and then misses.

Everything in between of those two striker types is Batshuayi level. Batsman is good at everything, but a master of nothing.

Fair enough. I don’t know think that Lautaro is anywhere near world class but I guess we will see how Werner can adapt. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I hope I am wrong and you are right. I am usually very good at judging players; regardless if it is youth or Chelsea first team. The only time I was wrong regarding Chelsea transfers , Chelsea Youth players or our first team was that I thought Bakoyoko would be an amazing signing for us.I also thought Filipe Luis would be better but he never got a fair chance, so I would not count him in that list. I just hope we did not fuck up the Morata money

In the current situation, 50 million is a gamble worth taking and 50 million is the new 30 million in today's transfer market. We are never going to blow our entire transfer budget on one player like Sancho, Havertz or even Martinez during this pandemic. 

And look at it this way, if Werner really doesn't work out in the No.9 position for us, we can at least still find a place for him out wide as an inside forward etc. We won't have to just toss him aside and given Lampard likes to be flexible with his system/formation, Werner's versatility would be a benefit for us. 

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We still need to be cautions.

Many of us liked Pepe last summer, Arsenal fans were ecstatic when the got him but, while there is still time for the move to come right, it hasn't yet worked out as they expected. The fact that is too easily overlooked is that if a player is available to Arsenal, or even Chelsea, it's because clubs higher up the food chain are not completely sold on taking him.

The story goes that Real wanted Eden in 2012, but not enough to give him realistic hopes of being a starter so he looked elsewhere. When the bigger beasts pass it gives us a chance but we should stay realistic and appreciate that there must be a reason they have passed.

Fair enough, but for me Pepe was different. He cost about 20+ million more I think and was essentially Arsenal's entire transfer budget. If we were spending £70-80m on Werner I'd be cautious. But when players are regularly going for absurd fees these days ~£50m is a great deal.

This deal would basically be paid for via the Morata fee.

Fair enough. I don’t know think that Lautaro is anywhere near world class but I guess we will see how Werner can adapt. 
I rate Lautaro really highly and I see him as the perfect replacement for Suarez at Barcelona . He would also work under Pep at City.But he only came into my radar this season.

Like I said, I would love to be proven wrong about Werner, but I am very sceptic. Only time will tell and first, he needs to sign lol.