Ashley Cole

Aesthetic Relic

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up to him, if he's only interested in money or he wants to chance himself in europe, then see ya later. We should only ever keep players who are 100% committed to Chelsea FC however good/bad they are. Need 30m+ tho so don't really care either way to be honest, specially if we win the league.

I really hope this doesn't happen. We can't lose such an important player of the team.

Maybe he's not in his best form at the minute, but still, he's the best left back in Europe, if not world.

Not in his best form? He's been out for ages, was brilliant before that and was flawless in his comeback match. He was awesome against Stoke.

Real Madrid are ready to launch a summer bid for Chelsea and former Arsenal left back Ashley Cole. The England international, who won the league at Stamford Bridge yesterday is rumoured to be the subject of interest from the Madrid club, with bookies tipping Cole to leave Chelsea this summer with the “Galacticos” the favourites to secure the left back’s signature.

Ashley Cole moved to Chelsea in 2006 after the player’s relations with Arsenal soured following Cole meeting illegally with Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and Chief Executive Peter Kenyon, culminating in Arsenal selling Cole to Chelsea in a cash plus William Gallas deal that was confirmed outside of the summer transfer window.

The former Arsenal invincible swapped red for blue and lifted the Premier League on Sunday after beating Wigan Athletic 8-0. Despite success Cole has struggled of late off the pitch due to allegations about his private life and marital affairs, resulting in Cole splitting earlier this year from wife Cheryl Cole. Reports suggest that Cole could be set to leave Stamford Bridge for a new start abroad, with bookies tipping Real Madrid as the most likely destination, while Inter Milan and AC Milan are also mooted as possible destinations.

Sports bookmakers SKY BET have opened a book on Cole’s destination following the reports linking Cole with a new start abroad. Cole can complete the domestic double on Saturday if he helps his Chelsea side overcome Portsmouth in the FA Cup.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/38045/Real_Madrid_ready_to_snare_England_star.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2990709/Jose-Mourinho-wants-to-bring-Ashley-Cole-to-Real-Madrid.html

I think Ashley leaving is a HUGE possibility. I wouldnt want to see him go unless we get Kaka in some sort of swap though. Zhirkov and Bosi can definitely keep wingers at strikers at bay and its been proven. Losing Cole for Kaka wont be a huge hit and definitely worth some thought into!

If he leaves he will leave because people in England do not like him, they hate him to be more correct.

The media and everyone bothering him, maybe he will want to play in peace. I really hope we don't sell him though, he's the best LB in the world and we'd surely miss him.

It's important we keep Cole - not only is he brilliant but because he's English. With the squad rulings coming in regarding a number of English players to be at the club it's important we get the right balance and Cole is a pivotal member of this team.

If he is to leave we have to milk Real for every penny. £40 million minimum.

It's madness, the basis of this story is that he wants to get away from being booed. It's ridiculous, there is no basis of a reason for him to leave Chelsea.

It says in this football article about Mourinho and Real Madrid that Jose wants two sign two wing backs, with Ramos pushed back into the centre. This will only add fuel to the fire. As much as I would hate to see him go I can imagine he would see the prospect of playing under Jose at Real to be a tempting one. We would have to squeeze every last penny out of them first though!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You