WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

40 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Why Argentine have no black players in their team ?
Argentine never had a black minority but neither did Germany-Italy and most of the other countries,

Italians were the major immigrants in Argentina

plus Nazis via the rat lines (Brasil too)

52 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Why Argentine have no black players in their team ?
Argentine never had a black minority but neither did Germany-Italy and most of the other countries,

who knows maybe their small black population have better things to do than kick a football? I get your point though, but it's hard to say. It's the other way for Brazil (blacks are overrepresented in the NT), and I don't think that's a good thing; they are underrepresented in congress for ex.
---
All in all, I think Argentina deserved the win and outplayed France for most of the game.
Had Pogba, Kante, and Bezema been available and fit, things could've been different. Kante would have helped in that first half, for ex.

I thought Giroud's age showed big time in the final. It was a game for different energy levels. And Dembele for me, what a stupid player. 🙂 Was a reminder why I don't like him as a player.

Younger players always struggle in decisive penalty kicks -- it's not very complicated. 🙄

Edited by robsblubot

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

There were no rat lines for Brazil. The Brazilians were allies - fought in Italy, Monte Cassino.
But after the war Brazil too was an easy country where nazis could hide.
The Italians although never possessed colonies have many black players. Bolatelli was one.

11 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

who knows maybe their small black population have better things to do than kick a football? I get your point though, but it's hard to say.
---
All in all, I think Argentina deserved the win and outplayed France for most of the game.
Had Pogba, Kante, and Bezema been available and fit, things could've been different. Kante would have helped in that first half, for ex.

I thought Giroud's age showed big time in the final. It was a game for a different energy levels. And Dembele for me, what a stupid player. 🙂 Was a reminder why I don't like him as a player.

Younger players always struggle in decisive penalty kicks -- it's not very complicated. 🙄

Up to the 80th minute it looked like Chelsea v. Shrewsbury for the first round of the FA cup,
When Giroud was replaced, it was no longer a game for him, France needed men to carry the ball and penetrate. But if Giroud was present after the 2-2 he would have won the world cup.
The referee denied a pen for France for ... faking. Who is going to fake infront of goal ? They fake near the edge of the box, alright. But it was a position similar to Kolomuani's chance - you don't fake there !!!

Edited by cosmicway

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That's true, but a LOT of migration took place before (even the first) world war. Germany was in shambles and people desperate enough that they would believe lies coming from places like Brazil's gov. My granny, for ex, was already born in Brazil soil before WWI.

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Eritrea, (where they slaughtered thousands), Ethiopia, East Africa, Libya...they were as bad as the rest

Very vriefly. They were defeated. In Libya too they were defeated.
Colonies were possessed, if you observe, by the countries with Atlantic coast. The others had no chance.