Spurs 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Thing with Gallagher is that he sort of has a similar (as is possible) play style to Kante. That means he can also take minutes by easing the burden on Kante knees. 

That said, I don't see him taking many minutes from Mount. I mean let's be real, everyone has looked disjointed playing with Lukaku this season. 

This. 

More similar to Kante than Mount. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I’m not quite there yet but I was concerned tonight.

It's not the outright poor games like tonight. They happen to everyone. It's the number of times he has an opportunity to do something decisive but fails to. Just misses the pass, over hits the cross, miss times a strike so there's no power behind it.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I remember you being pedantic a couple of times so I think you would appreciate this.

It is Conor not Connor 🤗

Probably more than a couple. 🙂 🙂

Corrected.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Thing with Gallagher is that he sort of has a similar (as is possible) play style to Kante. That means he can also take minutes by easing the burden on Kante knees. 

I have to disagree. 

I would say the links to Rice and Tchouameni are well warranted and CG would more likely be coming in to take RLC, Saul and Barkleys minutes/place as opposed to being Kante’s backup/heir/whatever.

I honestly don’t think Tuchel will view him as that because CG has a lot of facets to his game and he can maybe be the different option/profile of players in which many (myself included) felt that Saul would be when we signed him this summer (someone who could break into the box, score goals, third man runs whilst also contributing to the team defensively/without possession).

In fact he probably has this sort of role at Palace because really McCarthy, Miliviojevic, Kouyate etc aren’t players who you would say  contribute more in the opposition half. They really are more defensive minded. He necessarily is a box to box player but he undoubtedly has more freedom than the other 2 at Palace and that suits him. Whether he’s afforded that here is different but he will undoubtedly be an option in the 2 deeper positions than as one of the advanced positions off the CF too.

Edited by OneMoSalah

57 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lukaku has been shite since that Interview which is particularly sad cos he was scoring every game before it aired 

Two games. Not reliable and big enough sample. Helped us a lot. In one game we won, in other we didn't win. Both headers after almost perfect cross. How many of those striker scores in consecutive games? When he starts being precise with his feet  we can hope. It's been a while. Non league teams aside.

Travesty if he gets untouchable status. It may/will cost us dearly  against City, Tottenham and Lille at least. 

Spuds were dogshit tonight so it didn’t matter, but City will be licking their chops watching that. I pray that it’s because we just went into cruise control after the goal and weren’t as focused since we knew we were through. Because the number of times they were clean through the middle barreling towards our goal is concerning.

Kane looks like he’s lost several yards of pace so he couldn’t sprint away from our defenders consistently. If Son were playing today I think they’d have scored on a couple of those breakaways. And City this weekend will be much less wasteful.

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

2 own goals and a set piece. 

In the league also Rudi, Kante and Silva scored against them. Last season just pen in 2 games league games.

But it is common theme with our attackers tho in first leg it is Havartz first goal officially.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This. 

More similar to Kante than Mount. 

This is because Gallagher is multidimensional player. Unlike Mount he can play in double pivot and unlike Kante he can play up.

Gallagher and Mount are both number 8 more than anything else.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's not the outright poor games like tonight. They happen to everyone. It's the number of times he has an opportunity to do something decisive but fails to. Just misses the pass, over hits the cross, miss times a strike so there's no power behind it.

And even when he does good things it is mostly against weaker sides. Last season he scored just one goal (non pen) in the league against not relegated side (Liverpool).

This season at the moment also just one goal against teams higher than 15th place (WH).

In bigger games I trust more Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner. Not trusting Lukaku, Mount and CHO.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Spuds were dogshit tonight so it didn’t matter, but City will be licking their chops watching that. I pray that it’s because we just went into cruise control after the goal and weren’t as focused since we knew we were through. Because the number of times they were clean through the middle barreling towards our goal is concerning.

Kane looks like he’s lost several yards of pace so he couldn’t sprint away from our defenders consistently. If Son were playing today I think they’d have scored on a couple of those breakaways. And City this weekend will be much less wasteful.

I don’t think how we played tonight v Spurs will be relevant. I really really doubt we will play as half arsed as we did over the tie also because its not a double legged cup game and it nots going to be 180 minutes.

Like we seen v Liverpool (was literally only 10 or 11 days ago) after everyone was having their meltdowns/writing us off/saying they’d obliterate us/questioning how good we actually are because we drew v Brighton, Wolves, Everton… if you show up on the day and play with the personality, the ability and in the manner we did (we probably should have won), we will be fine. Previous performances necessarily mean nothing. Its about the performance on the day.

Last season is as good an example of this as possible v City too (this season we got it wrong tactically). I mean does nobody remember the run up to the CL final? All worrying about City this, City that….. de Bruyne, Silva, Sterling bla bla bla up against player X, Y and Z etc. Then same with the league game and the FA cup semi’s… oh City will do this and this and this…  we beat them 3 times. Probably playing better than we had done in games prior to playing them.

Swear you mention City on here and some of you lot shit your drawers for the sakes of it 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t think how we played tonight v Spurs will be relevant. I really really doubt we will play as half arsed as we did over the tie also because its not a double legged cup game and it nots going to be 180 minutes.

Like we seen v Liverpool (was literally only 10 or 11 days ago) after everyone was having their meltdowns/writing us off/saying they’d obliterate us/questioning how good we actually are because we drew v Brighton, Wolves, Everton… if you show up on the day and play with the personality, the ability and in the manner we did (we probably should have won), we will be fine. Previous performances necessarily mean nothing. Its about the performance on the day.

Last season is as good an example of this as possible v City too (this season we got it wrong tactically). I mean does nobody remember the run up to the CL final? All worrying about City this, City that….. de Bruyne, Silva, Sterling bla bla bla up against player X, Y and Z etc. Then same with the league game and the FA cup semi’s… oh City will do this and this and this…  we beat them 3 times. Probably playing better than we had done in games prior to playing them.

Swear you mention City on here and some of you lot shit your drawers for the sakes of it 😂

I’m still scarred from the game earlier this season when they played us off the park and made us look like Chesterfield. 😅😅😅

7 hours ago, Nero said:

How bad is Lukaku? A 35 years old Giroud looks more agile and faster than him

115 millions, ladies and gentleman. 

what-have-we-done-hobbit.gif

And giroud have much superior touch, game reading, aerial duel, clever movement

Not forget to mention, even though he slow, giroud actually can be used as a proper target man.

Just make me stretching my head even more. Why tuchel even aggree with this transfer.

Since even after 6 months. He still doesn't know what to do integrate lukaku. Tuchel system still doesn't play to lukaku's strength. 

And lukaku himself hardly change and almost everytime he played, he just keep threatening our cohesion in attack

:(

Edited by dimmas

16 hours ago, milka said:

Btw  Conte's time at Spuds will not end  differently than Mourinho's .

3 games : 3 wins ; 6:0 .

If there is to be any hope for Spurs they have to be doing better against a side playing as poorly as we did for long spells last night.