Spurs 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, Jase said:

I get that tonight was all about managing the game, especially after going 3-0 up on aggregate, but christ, we spent so much of the game just passing sideways and backwards. Gave Spurs unnecessary encouragement on several occasions. 

That seems to be our thing! The passing backwards drives me bonkers because it's gone wrong before so why keep risking it.

Off to Wembley we go

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The local Manchester paper did an article practically praying he starts.

Sounds like they have watched him play.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Must be Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech. Big game players. 

I would add Mount over Ziyech as you need all three of the front line to hussle their back line to get any success against them so for me, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mount or even Werner start ahead of Ziyech. Harvetz however, must start in front of Lukaku. 

This season against top English teams in all comps:

3x Spurs 2x Liverpool and one game against United, Arsenal, City, Leicester and WH.

So 10 games, best goalscorer Rudiger with 3. Silva, Kante 2 goals. Of attackers only Kai and Puli with more than one goal (2).

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Our fixture schedule is absolutely mental. 

We played 69 games in 2012/13, which I believe is the most in a season in the club's history. We would be playing at least 57 games this season. All depends on the progress in the FA Cup and Champions League. 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I would add Mount over Ziyech as you need all three of the front line to hussle their back line to get any success against them so for me, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mount or even Werner start ahead of Ziyech. Harvetz however, must start in front of Lukaku. 

Ziyech scored twice against City last season tho.

21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm sorry to say that my long term view of Mase is not moving in a positive direction. He doesn't maximise opportunities anything like often enough.

Someone was speculating yesterday about who Connor G might replace if he returns next season. I didn't post it but my answer to that question was, "Mason."

I’m not quite there yet (don’t think I will get to that concern either unless he nosedives horrifically) but I was concerned tonight.

Him, Timo (basically given up expecting anything from him and will not shed a tear if we sold him in the summer) and Rom looked very out of sync with each other and were extremely quiet for the majority of the game. Mase is still streaky in terms of his goals and assists (although the corner tonight was his assist) but this season he has still bettered his output significantly compared to what it was by this time last season. 

Re Gallagher: I really don’t think Connor will simply just walk into our starting XI next season either or and even if he were to or was a player to come from the bench/rotation option, I don’t think it’ll be in the 10/attacking positions off the striker. He will likely start as 4th choice CM in a 2 if we stick with this shape, likely taking up the minutes Ruben and Saul have accumulated and go on from there if he impresses. It is one thing doing well for Palace…. another for us so I don’t think its quite as simple as him coming may result in us not buying a CM either because Saul wont stay and RLC and Ross need to go back more than likely (which is also heavily speculated by some on here).

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I’m not quite there yet but I was concerned tonight.

Him, Timo (basically given up expecting anything from him) and Rom looked very out of sync with each other and were extremely quiet for the majority of the game. Mase is still streaky in terms of his goals and assists (although the corner tonight was his assist) but this season he has still bettered his output significantly compared to what it was by this time last season. 

Re Gallagher: I really don’t think Connor will simply just walk into our starting XI next season either or and even if he were to, I don’t think it’ll be in the 10/attacking positions off the striker. He will likely start as 4th choice CM in a 2 if we stick with this shape, likely taking up the minutes Ruben and Saul have accumulated and go from there if he impresses. One thing doing well for Palace, another for us and I don’t think its quite as simple as him coming may result in us not buying a CM either because Saul wont stay and RLC and Ross need to go back more than likely.

Thing with Gallagher is that he sort of has a similar (as is possible) play style to Kante. That means he can also take minutes by easing the burden on Kante knees. 

That said, I don't see him taking many minutes from Mount. I mean let's be real, everyone has looked disjointed playing with Lukaku this season. 

Edited by King Kante