Brentford 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

Actually think that wasn't a bad half all things considered. Their first header was offside and the other chances they've had were ones you expect a GK to save. 

For me, I imagine the idea is to try and keep possession and tire them a little then bring on some of the bigger boys'. One big concern for me however is Simons, he is completely losing his runner out on the right off the ball which means when they switch play they're in. I would get James on for him at HT. 

As I have been a critic of his, I will give Kepa his dues, as he is shot stoping really well. Only concern, which has always been my biggest with him, is that he doesn't command his area whatsoever when balls come in, which means it is all on the defence to clear. 

All in all, try and keep this up for 15 more mins then call the calvery. 

Edited by King Kante

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the youngsters all looked decent

Vale looks very good, SB is looking good on the ball (not excepting him to do much hold up play at 17/18.) Simons is lost though, he is getting up and down but that is about it, he is losing the runner every time and is picking the wrong option in the final third when he gets it. Not going to beat up/writing him off, but he should be the first one to be subbed. 

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Actually think that wasn't a bad half all things considered. Their first header was offside and the other chances they've had were ones you expect a GK to save. 

For me, I imagine the idea is to try and keep possession and tire them a little then bring on some of the bigger boys'. One big concern for me however is Simons, he is completely losing his runner out on the right off the ball which means when they switch play they're in. I would get James on for him at HT. 

As I have been a critic of his, I will give Kepa his dues, as he is shot stoping really well. Only concern, which has always been my biggest with him, is that he doesn't command his area whatsoever so balls in, mean it is all on the defence to clear. 

All in all, try and keep this up for 15 more mins then call the calvery. 

Yeah that's what's happening, shame the kid is lost against their LWB whatshisface Rico I think

Edited by bigbluewillie

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

So i could as well just forget any anomaly?  What does Lampard have to do with it when we are speaking about anomalies anyway?😂

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Except when he conceded similar goals when even at Bilbao. 

Not saying Lampard is at fault. But at the time we had our worst defense in 30 years. Plus Kepa had breakup. There is this agenda when it comes to Kepa that he is a Karius or something like that but in his first season under Sarri he was one of the top3 players in the season. Was good under TT last season, keeping clean sheets for fun, this season 6 games so far, not one less than 8/10 performance. By far most valuable player if you consider minutes played.

And about Bilbao... Well Real was interested, we spent 71m for him, so clearly there is something there. Was good for Spain as well... So all good, just one bad period and this is why it is called anomaly but people are keep pushing that agenda that is regular Kepa.