Zenit 3-3 Chelsea

Jase

7 hours ago, Strike said:

We have a far better chance in the UCL than winning the league. We are struggling to break down some teams in the league but a knockout game is ideal for the likes of Kante, Mount who run endlessly and close down spaces.

There are four classy opponents. Bayern-City-L'pool (somewhat)-PSG (somewhat). But also don't underestimate Ajax.

Mendy

Dave AC Sarr

James RLC Saul CHO

Puli Lukaku Werner

This is not a game where we want to lose anymore players. Biggest problem is that we don't really have many options. For me, Silva should be rested 100%, Kai should not be risked as he should be starting as the False 9 in all the games that matter and I would not play Alonso in this game either as if he goes down we have no LWB; so I would actually use this as an opportunity to try and CHO there to see if he can work there.

Personally, I am not a fan of using James either but not sure we can get away with not using him. Saul gets another start just simply because I can't see RLC and Barkley playing CM together and it may be wise to rest Mount as well to prevent injury. Puli over Ziyech to get some minutes in his legs.

Edited by King Kante

Dang that looks like an absolutely terrible lineup.

Expect Saul to be just as out of place at LWB as at CM, Werner and Lukaku being unable to string to passes together and missing  a few open goals.

Will be a torrid watch for sure. Let's get this over with.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

As Nikki has alluded to, at this point I would trust Barkley to do a better job as the #6 than Saul. 

I remember he played as the #6 at Everton against Newcastle years ago and was named as MOTM.

It's not new for him

2021-22 UEFA Champions League, Group Stage

Zenit St Petersburg     2533.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Chelsea               363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/champions-league-zenit-vs-Chelsea-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/football/ucl11/zenit-vs-Chelsea-match/

74616164c26284986f84463b2ab3fe21.png0a4d912e681a6dd686e88b78c467983d.png