Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Jase

This is very strange season to us , no matter how it ends .

We beat City , Liverpool and Tottenham away but WBA scores 8 goals against us ,  Arsenal beat us   twice .

Before 3 month with Lampard  this team was 8 or 9   but now we can finish with double or with nothing of course  .

Strange season for sure .

BRFSA-04-Cobra-Roller-Coaster-For-Sale-I

Edited by milka

45 minutes ago, chippy said:

After Leicester beating Utd, we should have gone all out to get top four by playing our strongest possible team and play the weakened side in the FA Cup Final. 

And this type of rewarding failure is exactly why the much maligned super league came about.

46 minutes ago, chippy said:

After Leicester beating Utd, we should have gone all out to get top four by playing our strongest possible team and play the weakened side in the FA Cup Final. We now find ourselves likely having to play our strongest sides against both Leicester and Villa, while City have the luxuary of being able to rest players.

I really hope they do rest their star players between now and the final, a City team lacking match practice suits us perfectly.

Unfortunately however Pep won't be that stupid.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

And this type of rewarding failure is exactly why the much maligned super league came about.

I really hope they do rest their star players between now and the final, a City team lacking match practice suits us perfectly.

Unfortunately however Pep won't be that stupid.

Re rewarding failure.

Would you take  no CL but winning the FA Cup, over finishing 4th?

This season I would take 4th all day long! However, if we went say 5 or 6 years without a trophy, then I would definitely take either domestic Cup over finishing 4th.

15 minutes ago, chippy said:

Re rewarding failure.

Would you take  no CL but winning the FA Cup, over finishing 4th?

This season I would take 4th all day long! However, if we went say 5 or 6 years without a trophy, then I would definitely take either domestic Cup over finishing 4th.

I would take the FA Cup and take my chances on the CL final, no risk, no reward.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic but it's too Arsenal for my liking to settle for 4th (and it's a hard habit to break once you settle into it, even the biggest club in the country have fallen into the trap and are currently bragging about being home and dry), don't get me wrong I hope we get it but I just can't subscribe to treating it like I would a title race. The only time I did have the nerves like I do for a title bid for a top four race was 2003 and that was only because our future was likely at stake.

what a shit goalkeeper henderson is btw. fucked up every other shot on target, gifted them the deciding goal and for the final salah counter just completely chilled on hisline for salah to  pass it in. not his fault but could not made it easier for the diver either.